User Tag List

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 290

Thread: moderator malfeasance

  1. #16
    Nobody is free when others are oppressed Rusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    12,516
    Thanks
    14,198
    Thanked 3,743 Times in 2,136 Posts

    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147731
    Quote Originally Posted by Heterodoxical View Post
    No one is whining you condescending lil thang.
    I would never be condescending. It's not my thang.

    It's a valid observation for valid reasons, that directly, no matter how short sighted or head in a dark place his head is, affects KNIGHT'S pocket book as this is a for profit endeavor.
    Why do you care how it affects his pocket book? You are a blue member and should only concern yourself with how it affects your pocket book.

    You can't have high quality intellectuals here, to have high quality discussions, with the behavior you have habitually exhibited here. Moderators that are petulant, reationaries who cry and pout and ban when they can't make a point aren't going to help anyone out.
    Once again, you are incorrect and consumed by your emotions. There are many intelligent individuals on TOL. As far as the mods, I have been here for far longer than you have and have never witnessed them behaving in the manner you speak of.

    A conversation of any relevance can't occur under those conditions.

    What do you want, smack downs ONLY?
    Actual conversations?
    OR someone to back up while you preach AT The world rather than speak to them.

    I debated through High school/college, coached it, judged it, trained it, taught the college class on it... I understand debate and conversation. There is so much potential here for it, but it's flushed without a care.
    Perhaps that is part of your problem. You seem to believe you are above the rest of us in knowledge and have nothing to learn. Those types of personalities do not do well on debate forums.

    There are many people on here who I disagree with in most areas BUT that doesn't mean I can't learn when they make a valid, well thought out point.

    OR just once, if it's a pet person or pet topic.

    I've been given tons of leniency, sure. If you consider leniency to allow people to attack you and not the points for 5 or 6 passes before you try to smack them down to reality, sure....
    Oh, so you have people say mean things and sometimes get in trouble for saying mean things back. Interesting ... and it doesn't make you special. I have been here for several years and had to learn to adjust my approach when responding to others. Because I am familiar with what to expect and what is expected of me, I choose my words carefully. The only thing that has been influenced by my approach is that I am not on the receiving end of a bunch of infractions that would keep me from the site that is one of the main highlights of my internet experience.

    You are deluded.
    The facts and events of MY experience in particular don't match up to your insinuations. I've only responded to remarks, not instigated them.
    I am not deluded but rather realistic. I am sorry that you are so intent on being right that you are incapable of reconsidering your own responses.
    Before mass leaders seize the power to fit reality to their lies,
    their propaganda is marked by its extreme contempt for facts as such,
    for in their opinion fact depends entirely on the power of man who can fabricate it.
    Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism









  2. #17
    Silver Member mmstroud's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hesperia, CA
    Posts
    292
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2120
    From the 10 TOL Commandments:

    10. Thou SHALL NOT advocate or encourage criminal behavior on TOL. Personal threats and/or advocating criminal behavior will result in an instant ban. Making racist comments and other unnecessary personal comments may also cause banishment.

    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...&postcount=100

    Apparently physical threats, note the plural, are acceptable for some members.

    TOL is candidly biased toward Christianity and somewhat candidly biased toward certain theological views, MAD and Open Theism. What isn't disclosed, and you only learn from being around for years and witnessing the behavior, is that they are also biased toward the members who hold their theological views. I wonder what would have happened if a member who didn't hold the 'pet' views of the moderators had made such a threat...

  3. #18
    The Flying Ban Hammer ✈ Spam Killing Tomcat Sherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    12,278
    Thanks
    1,587
    Thanked 9,983 Times in 7,599 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)




    Rep Power
    2147691
    I've been on TOL since 2010. I've seen a number of meltdown threads like this. Let me tell you they never end well. Challenging the people that run a website, in a sense it is like trying to take a locomotive by the cow catcher. You're gonna get run over every time. It's a battle you cannot win. They run the website, you don't.
    Also a point to remember this is the internet. You can always go someplace else and find a place more to your liking. In fact you can even start a page yourself and run it according to your own rules.

    The Troll Shredder--Brrrtttttt!

    June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? More like tolerate perversity.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sherman For Your Post:

    LoneStar (May 31st, 2016),Tambora (May 31st, 2016)

  5. #19
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,297
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 486 Times in 446 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147694

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Inzl Kett View Post
    I've been on TOL since 2010. I've seen a number of meltdown threads like this. Let me tell you they never end well. Challenging the people that run a website, in a sense it is like trying to take a locomotive by the cow catcher. You gonna get run over every time. It's a battle you cannot win. They run the website, you don't.
    Also a point to remember this is the internet. You can always go someplace else and find a place more to your liking. In fact you can even start a page yourself and run it according to your own rules.
    Good advice!

  6. #20
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,297
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 486 Times in 446 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147694

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by mmstroud View Post
    From the 10 TOL Commandments:

    10. Thou SHALL NOT advocate or encourage criminal behavior on TOL. Personal threats and/or advocating criminal behavior will result in an instant ban. Making racist comments and other unnecessary personal comments may also cause banishment.

    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...&postcount=100

    Apparently physical threats, note the plural, are acceptable for some members.

    TOL is candidly biased toward Christianity and somewhat candidly biased toward certain theological views, MAD and Open Theism. What isn't disclosed, and you only learn from being around for years and witnessing the behavior, is that they are also biased toward the members who hold their theological views. I wonder what would have happened if a member who didn't hold the 'pet' views of the moderators had made such a threat...
    That wouldn't happen because we are really nice people....

  7. #21
    Nobody is free when others are oppressed Rusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    12,516
    Thanks
    14,198
    Thanked 3,743 Times in 2,136 Posts

    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147731
    Quote Originally Posted by bybee View Post
    That wouldn't happen because we are really nice people....
    The nicest!
    Before mass leaders seize the power to fit reality to their lies,
    their propaganda is marked by its extreme contempt for facts as such,
    for in their opinion fact depends entirely on the power of man who can fabricate it.
    Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism









  8. #22
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,843
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 79 Times in 74 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    1. Disagreeing over x, y and z.
    2. Being aggressive, personally insulting, etc.

    Note that 1 and 2 are really distinct and separable.

  9. #23
    TOL Legend Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    29,731
    Thanks
    12,967
    Thanked 27,067 Times in 18,207 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147854
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzl Kett View Post
    I've been on TOL since 2010. I've seen a number of meltdown threads like this. Let me tell you they never end well. Challenging the people that run a website, in a sense it is like trying to take a locomotive by the cow catcher. You're gonna get run over every time. It's a battle you cannot win. They run the website, you don't.
    Also a point to remember this is the internet. You can always go someplace else and find a place more to your liking. In fact you can even start a page yourself and run it according to your own rules.
    Yep!

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

    LoneStar (May 31st, 2016),Tambora (May 31st, 2016)

  11. #24
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    359
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Have you ever visited any other forums?
    Nearly every one on the net. Did your momma have any kids that lived?

  12. #25
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,297
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 486 Times in 446 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147694

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Heterodoxical View Post
    Nearly every one on the net. Did your momma have any kids that lived?
    You are a sneering, mean mouthed, self-pitying gas bag!
    Quit whining and grow up!
    There is no anchor on your hind end which would preclude you hopping off to greener pastures!

  13. #26
    Silver Member mmstroud's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hesperia, CA
    Posts
    292
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2120
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzl Kett View Post
    I've been on TOL since 2010. I've seen a number of meltdown threads like this. Let me tell you they never end well. Challenging the people that run a website, in a sense it is like trying to take a locomotive by the cow catcher. You're gonna get run over every time. It's a battle you cannot win. They run the website, you don't.
    Also a point to remember this is the internet. You can always go someplace else and find a place more to your liking. In fact you can even start a page yourself and run it according to your own rules.
    Inzl, the problem isn't with the rules. It's that the rules aren't enforced for everyone. john w threatened physical violence more than once and apparently that is acceptable even though the rules say it is expressly prohibited.

    I realize participation here is voluntary. I maintain a paid subscription and yet I have spent less and less time here over the years because I think too much is allowed under the pretense of 'truth smack'.

    It's a slap in the face when anytime a person expresses any type of concern, we are shown the door. I own and operate a small business. My customers have a choice. My goal is to keep them as customers.

  14. #27
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,297
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 486 Times in 446 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147694
    Quote Originally Posted by mmstroud View Post
    Inzl, the problem isn't with the rules. It's that the rules aren't enforced for everyone. john w threatened physical violence more than once and apparently that is acceptable even though the rules say it is expressly prohibited.

    I realize participation here is voluntary. I maintain a paid subscription and yet I have spent less and less time here over the years because I think too much is allowed under the pretense of 'truth smack'.

    It's a slap in the face when anytime a person expresses any type of concern, we are shown the door. I own and operate a small business. My customers have a choice. My goal is to keep them as customers.

  15. #28
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18,264
    Thanks
    8,374
    Thanked 26,375 Times in 13,302 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147738
    Quote Originally Posted by mmstroud View Post
    From the 10 TOL Commandments:

    10. Thou SHALL NOT advocate or encourage criminal behavior on TOL. Personal threats and/or advocating criminal behavior will result in an instant ban. Making racist comments and other unnecessary personal comments may also cause banishment.

    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...&postcount=100

    Apparently physical threats, note the plural, are acceptable for some members.

    TOL is candidly biased toward Christianity and somewhat candidly biased toward certain theological views, MAD and Open Theism. What isn't disclosed, and you only learn from being around for years and witnessing the behavior, is that they are also biased toward the members who hold their theological views. I wonder what would have happened if a member who didn't hold the 'pet' views of the moderators had made such a threat...
    I just clicked on the link you provided, AND I read what the "other guy" was saying to John W. Did you bother to do that? When we have a loud mouthed bully come on this board, John W steps up and smacks him down. He does it very well because he is unrelenting, and charges that he wears "depends" etc. don't faze him in the least. John W is making a point....not actually threatening, as you claim. He's the sheriff that deals with the punks, and punks need to be taken down a few notches or they will and should end up being banned.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    LoneStar (May 31st, 2016),Tambora (May 31st, 2016)

  17. #29
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    359
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    I would never be condescending. It's not my thang.
    Except you were, and you did, so I should be flattered to be such an exception, right? That's the message, I should learn to appreciate it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    Why do you care how it affects his pocket book? You are a blue member and should only concern yourself with how it affects your pocket book.
    The pocket book point was an example, of the short sided approach, and appealing to a way that makes much more sense. It was one example of a few to make the point. But it's nice to see, rather than address the actual point, you wish to isolate one example you HAVE something to say and ignore the point. We call that arguing the analogy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    Once again, you are incorrect and consumed by your emotions.
    Nice cop out. Nice proclamation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    There are many intelligent individuals on TOL.
    Don't believe I said there were none. Show me I'll eat my words.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    As far as the mods, I have been here for far longer than you have and have never witnessed them behaving in the manner you speak of.
    Your opthamolgist's issues aren't my concern. I have empirical proof of it occuring in the very basis for this post.

    One eyed jack libeled and attacked me in a character assassinating way, with no substantiation, just presupposition. The intellectual same as calling someone a name.

    So I returned the slap with "one eyed moron". At least my response was comical, JUST to make the point he attacked unwarrantedly.

    I was banned for his offense. That's a flat out fact.

    Then Delmar immediately publishes a comment about homosexuals being pedophiles and to say otherwise is a lie from hell. HE was emotionally charged, because of his ignorance, and not making effort to understand what I actually had said.

    He made an emotional, knee jerking fool of himself.

    You guys will defend him. You'll perpetuate the issue, not reconcile and make it a learning experience. You are working your BUTT off to ignore what is flat out empirical prima facie fact. I'm trying to reason.

    Condemn me some more for being the unreasonable one. The more you speak the smaller your words' relevance become. Only you can fix that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    Perhaps that is part of your problem.
    Yes, I have low tolerance for morons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    You seem to believe you are above the rest of us in knowledge and have nothing to learn.
    I probably am. IN a lot of areas. I don't make issue of that. Scroll your lazy butt back through ALL of my posts. You'll see I AM THE SOLE PERSON trying to get people to shut up with the personal attacking and stick tot he points. Where people stick to the points, I'm not having any of these issues. PERHAPS if you stopped going out of your way to enable your friends and did a REALLY FRIENDLY TYPE OF THING of holding them accountable, holding an intervention rather than saying they aren't addicts while they OD you could make a difference. But what do you care.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    Those types of personalities do not do well on debate forums.
    Ummm whatever. When you can; show that's me, we'll discuss it. When you have 1/10th of the debates in your life I have in mine, we'll discuss that too. I'm not the pompous one here, I'm defending against your comments. Rusha you are a certifiable trip. HOW FAR WILL YOU GO TO DEFEND MALFEASANCE? Will you perjure yourself too? Will you lie for them?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    There are many people on here who I disagree with in most areas BUT that doesn't mean I can't learn when they make a valid, well thought out point.
    I disagree with people all day long every day and have no issues.

    The difference is they don't start going off on a JOHN W, PMS, NARCISSISTIC RANT doing nothing but personal attacks because you won't pat their narcissistic butt on the back and praise them.

    NOR do they start calling you names, OR more roundabout, assassinating your character, ,when they can't get you to agree with them.

    Rusha, I'm never going to accept that. It's a third graders move. If that's the environment you want.... we were raised differently.

    Change your name to Status Quo. I'll change mine to Improvement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    Oh, so you have people say mean things and sometimes get in trouble for saying mean things back. Interesting ... and it doesn't make you special.
    Did I claim it made me special? I gripe about it with others too when I know there is an issue. It's the principle not the personal. YOU MAY CONTINUE AS IT IS ALL YOU HAVE SHOWN to try to reframe the argument to a whine fest, but all it does is show your intellectual dishonesty and refusal to acknowledge things said you don't find conducive to your positions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    I have been here for several years and had to learn to adjust my approach when responding to others. Because I am familiar with what to expect and what is expected of me, I choose my words carefully.
    If I were only the gift of God to the world you are. You are obviously so much superior and better than me I haven't room to object. That is undoubtedly why you just skip the points that contradict your rant here, ignore them, and continue to reframe the events in such a fashion you can point a finger. YOU OBVIOUSLY hold the high ground.... I bow to your superiority.
    )Is this more appropriate behavior? The veritable, thankee massah may I have anudder?(

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    The only thing that has been influenced by my approach is that I am not on the receiving end of a bunch of infractions that would keep me from the site that is one of the main highlights of my internet experience.
    Well goodie goodie. I'll stand on principle. I'll fight for consistency. I'll continue to drive the conversations to the points more than the personal attacks (defined as attacks of the person, not the points.)

    YOU can decide, you prefer the personal attacks over the points and defend it. OR you can speak out. I don't really care, Rusha. I'm not here to impress you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    I am not deluded but rather realistic. I am sorry that you are so intent on being right that you are incapable of reconsidering your own responses.
    I'm sorry that you are so manipulative you try to reframe everything into something you can ridicule. It must be miserable to go through life that insecure.

    Are you and John W related? I'll admit you must be the older one, you are much more subtle about it.... but you could just be smarter, cuz he's not that bright and you have some brights to ya..... Yeah, I'm going with that.

    I'm sorry you are incapable of facing the facts of the events, and need to restructure everything to suit your presuppositions.

    I'm sorry you are incapable of addressing all the points, rather than jsut the select few you can snark on.... (shall I emulate you more here????)

  18. #30
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    359
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    54
    OH as JOHN W did to me???

    Well it's to ME silly, that means it' snot only allowed but encouraged.





    Quote Originally Posted by mmstroud View Post
    From the 10 TOL Commandments:

    10. Thou SHALL NOT advocate or encourage criminal behavior on TOL. Personal threats and/or advocating criminal behavior will result in an instant ban. Making racist comments and other unnecessary personal comments may also cause banishment.

    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...&postcount=100

    Apparently physical threats, note the plural, are acceptable for some members.

    TOL is candidly biased toward Christianity and somewhat candidly biased toward certain theological views, MAD and Open Theism. What isn't disclosed, and you only learn from being around for years and witnessing the behavior, is that they are also biased toward the members who hold their theological views. I wonder what would have happened if a member who didn't hold the 'pet' views of the moderators had made such a threat...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us