Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Totton Linnet View Post
    You are refuting scripture not me

...tell God about it.
    You don't believe the scripture !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 800 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    You don't believe the scripture !
    I believe this scripture

Himself carried our diseases and bare our sicknesses
    One lavished upon in the Beloved
    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/blog.php?u=10603

Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 3,109 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe this scripture

Himself carried our diseases and bare our sicknesses
    No you dont, neither do you understand it ! You dont believe the Gospel, and neither does sproul, he neglected a spiritual truth of the Gospel as it pertains to the spiritually saving death of Christ, all for whom He died were healed 1 Peter 2:24 so that they live unto God 1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Peter is telling believers why it is they become believers or to live unto Righteousness, because Christ's stripes healed them ! That word healed iaomai means :

I.to cure, heal

II.to make whole

A.to free from errors and sins, to bring about (one's) salvation

To bring about ones salvation means to:

to cause to come into being; make happen ! His stripes caused their Spiritual Salvation to happen, to come into being ! Do you believe that ?

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No you dont, neither do you understand it ! You dont believe the Gospel, and neither does sproul, he neglected a spiritual truth of the Gospel as it pertains to the spiritually saving death of Christ, all for whom He died were healed 1 Peter 2:24 so that they live unto God 1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Peter is telling believers why it is they become believers or to live unto Righteousness, because Christ's stripes healed them ! That word healed iaomai means :

I.to cure, heal

II.to make whole

A.to free from errors and sins, to bring about (one's) salvation

To bring about ones salvation means to:

to cause to come into being; make happen ! His stripes caused their Spiritual Salvation to happen, to come into being ! Do you believe that ?
    I don't believe in contortions no.

The scripture is quite plain. To be save means to be made every whit whole. Spiritually, mentally and bodily.

Himself bare our sins in His own body on the tree that we being dead unto sin might LIVE unto righteousness.
    Himself carried our diseases and bare our sicknesses that we might be healed.
    The chastisement for our peace was laid upon Him that God would be a present help in our time of trouble
    He bore our sorrows and carried our griefs.

There is full redemption for the whole man at the cross. So it is in scripture so we SEE in the apostles.

Moreover God is not going to do one thing more for the salvation of mankind...Calvary is sufficient.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe in contortions no.

The scripture is quite plain. To be save means to be made every whit whole. Spiritually, mentally and bodily.

Himself bare our sins in His own body on the tree that we being dead unto sin might LIVE unto righteousness.
    Himself carried our diseases and bare our sicknesses that we might be healed.
    The chastisement for our peace was laid upon Him that God would be a present help in our time of trouble
    He bore our sorrows and carried our griefs.

There is full redemption for the whole man at the cross. So it is in scripture so we SEE in the apostles.

Moreover God is not going to do one thing more for the salvation of mankind...Calvary is sufficient.
    Do you believe that Christ's death/stripes alone caused all for whom He died to be experimentally saved so that they Live unto Righteousness ? Yes or No ?

And if one does not become experimentally saved so that they live unto Righteousness, it is because Christ's stripes were not for them ? Yes or No !

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you believe that Christ's death/stripes alone caused all for whom He died to be experimentally saved so that they Live unto Righteousness ? Yes or No ?

And if one does not become experimentally saved so that they live unto Righteousness, it is because Christ's stripes were not for them ? Yes or No !
    He was wounded for our transgressions He was bruised for our iniquities the chastisement for our peace was laid upon Him and by His stripes we are healed.

Total redemption for the whole man.

God would not do it in any other way....but we must BELIEVE....That's the rub

If you believe He bore our sins then you must believe He carried our sickness

Thanks
    Thanked 20,984 Times in 11,989 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    I'm a Reformed Baptist myself, but I do get where they get paedobaptism from.
    Just one of the pieces of Roman baggage they never dumped, and never will. IIRC, both Calvin and Luther (both of whom were still more Catholic than not) believed in its efficacy.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was wounded for our transgressions He was bruised for our iniquities the chastisement for our peace was laid upon Him and by His stripes we are healed.

Total redemption for the whole man.

God would not do it in any other way....but we must BELIEVE....That's the rub

If you believe He bore our sins then you must believe He carried our sickness
    You don't believe because you made a condition that one must believe first, Peter said by His stripes we have been healed, not by believing were they healed, so you are a deceiver !

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...if you are not saved by faith you are not saved.

People BELIEVE that our sins were miraculously transferred to Christ, for so the great doctors of the reformation have taught us to believe. Preachers preach it, God watches over His word to perform it. He imparts faith.

The doctors might as easily have taught that our infirmities and sicknesses were just as miraculously transferred to Christ, Preachers would preach that, God watching over His word would perform it, faith would be imparted.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...if you are not saved by faith you are not saved.

People BELIEVE that our sins were miraculously transferred to Christ, for so the great doctors of the reformation have taught us to believe. Preachers preach it, God watches over His word to perform it. He imparts faith.

The doctors might as easily have taught that our infirmities and sicknesses were just as miraculously transferred to Christ, Preachers would preach that, God watching over His word would perform it, faith would be imparted.
    You can talk all you want, you believe in conditional salvation, you deny Jesus Death alone is enough and does causes one experimental Salvation, Spiritual Healing, you insist that it depends on faith, or the act of believing !

You also indicate that one can believe the Gospel when they don't believe the Gospel, for Limited atonement is part of the Gospel message, and you insist one can be a believer of the Gospel without believing limited atonement, that is crazy ! 1 Cor 15:3-4 is limited atonement, our sins apply s strictly to believers in that context !

Charles Spurgeon !

Thread Information