User Tag List

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 149

Thread: Post of the day...Idiot variety

  1. #76
    TOL Legend Granite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Live free or die.
    Posts
    11,960
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts

    Blog Entries
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    519642
    Quote Originally Posted by IMJerusha View Post
    How do you label all birth control a sin?
    Please don't feed him.
    If wealth was the inevitable result of hard work and enterprise, every woman in Africa would be a millionaire.
    --George Monbiot




    Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
    --Homer J. Simpson

  2. #77
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    292
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IMJerusha View Post
    Yes. That is why this is a decision that must be between God and the mother and father. It doesn't make it any easier but the medical community does not consider an ectopic removal to be an abortion. Physicians who are serious about the Hippocratic Oath see this surgery as necessary to save a life because there is no chance for the child to complete it's gestation. It's a heartbreaking situation.
    Blatantly false, and that is why it is important that the INTENT of everyone involved is to save both mother and child, even if that does not happen. To arbitrarily "choose" to end a life because of what one individual doctor purports is lazy.

  3. #78
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    292
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IMJerusha View Post
    How do you label all birth control a sin?
    How do you not?

    Do you understand what birth control is?

  4. #79
    Over 4000 post club IMJerusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Appalachian foothills of Ohio
    Posts
    4,184
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 93 Times in 72 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    101136
    Quote Originally Posted by S0ZO View Post
    How do you not?
    So anyone who practices the rhythm method is committing sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by S0ZO View Post
    Do you understand what birth control is?
    I do.
    I AM the pie lady!!

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #80
    Over 4000 post club IMJerusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Appalachian foothills of Ohio
    Posts
    4,184
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 93 Times in 72 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    101136
    Quote Originally Posted by S0ZO View Post
    Blatantly false, and that is why it is important that the INTENT of everyone involved is to save both mother and child, even if that does not happen. To arbitrarily "choose" to end a life because of what one individual doctor purports is lazy.
    The Hippocratic Oath is not "one individual doctor". Are you also aware that in the case of ectopic pregnancy, there is no saving both mother and child? Additionally, most women aren't even aware there is a tubal pregnancy until just before or after the tube has ruptured. By that time, there is absolutely no chance for the infant's survival and certainly no chance for the woman's survival without the surgery to repair her tube.
    And btw, there is nothing arbitrary about the choice to survive. God instilled this in us. His gift of life is not to be treated lightly.
    I AM the pie lady!!

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #81
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    292
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IMJerusha View Post
    Are you also aware that in the case of ectopic pregnancy, there is no saving both mother and child?
    Are you aware that you are wrong?


    I do.
    No, you don't.

  7. #82
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    292
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IMJerusha View Post
    So anyone who practices the rhythm method is committing sin?
    Upon God's direction to Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply, would you say it would have been obedience or disobedience for them to tell God that they will have children when it best suits them?

  8. #83
    Over 4000 post club IMJerusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Appalachian foothills of Ohio
    Posts
    4,184
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 93 Times in 72 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    101136
    Quote Originally Posted by S0ZO View Post
    Are you aware that you are wrong?
    Please provide the medical proof that mother and baby can survive a tubal ectopic.

    Quote Originally Posted by S0ZO View Post
    No, you don't.
    Be so kind as to explain it to me since you believe me uneducated.
    It's my understanding that birth control is the voluntary limiting of human reproduction, using such means as contraception, sexual abstinence, surgical sterilization, and induced abortion. Please recall my question was how can you label all birth control a sin. I do consider some birth control methods to be sinful such as abortifacients and induced abortion.
    Last edited by IMJerusha; July 31st, 2014 at 12:46 PM.
    I AM the pie lady!!

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #84
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    292
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IMJerusha View Post
    Please provide the medical proof that mother and baby can survive a tubal ectopic.
    No problem

  10. #85
    Over 4000 post club IMJerusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Appalachian foothills of Ohio
    Posts
    4,184
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 93 Times in 72 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    101136
    Quote Originally Posted by S0ZO View Post
    Upon God's direction to Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply, would you say it would have been obedience or disobedience for them to tell God that they will have children when it best suits them?
    Is it sinful to practice the rhythm method? I'd like a direct answer, please.

    Being fruitful and multiplying does not mean it is necessary to conceive as often as possible. God gave us brains. I think He expects us to use them.
    I AM the pie lady!!

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  11. #86
    Over 4000 post club IMJerusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Appalachian foothills of Ohio
    Posts
    4,184
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 93 Times in 72 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    101136
    Quote Originally Posted by S0ZO View Post
    Baruch HaShem! However, this isn't a tubal but rather abdominal case.
    Even so, the chances for the survival of mother and child were three million to one. Their survival is so awesome but not the norm. I asked for medical proof of a tubal survival...not the evidence of the one in three million case of the abdominal.
    Last edited by IMJerusha; July 31st, 2014 at 12:59 PM.
    I AM the pie lady!!

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  12. #87
    Over 4000 post club IMJerusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Appalachian foothills of Ohio
    Posts
    4,184
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 93 Times in 72 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    101136
    Quote Originally Posted by Granite View Post
    Please don't feed him.
    What? Is he a squirrel, a pigeon...what? I'm fairly certain he is an intelligent man who takes the faith seriously.
    I AM the pie lady!!

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  13. #88
    SHAZAM! Lighthouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    20,738
    Thanks
    1,195
    Thanked 13,393 Times in 10,254 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147887
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    I have to admit, Lighthouse, that I'm really remembering back to the harsh words you spoke to me months ago. When you brought up that thread, it all came back to me. I have not been following these recent threads because there is nothing of profit coming from any of them. They all end the same way. I see law trumping grace, and I am left shaking my head.
    How is law trumping grace?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    Projection at it's finest.
    It's only projection if it's not true about Artie in the least, and is absolutely true of Nick.

    Quote Originally Posted by IMJerusha View Post
    The Hippocratic Oath is not "one individual doctor". Are you also aware that in the case of ectopic pregnancy, there is no saving both mother and child? Additionally, most women aren't even aware there is a tubal pregnancy until just before or after the tube has ruptured. By that time, there is absolutely no chance for the infant's survival and certainly no chance for the woman's survival without the surgery to repair her tube.
    And btw, there is nothing arbitrary about the choice to survive. God instilled this in us. His gift of life is not to be treated lightly.
    Just because there is no chance the infant will survive does not mean it is necessary to actively kill it. Being unable to save it and intentionally ending its life are two different things.


  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

    LoneStar (April 22nd, 2016),Tambora (April 22nd, 2016)

  15. #89
    TOL Legend Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere between heaven and hell
    Posts
    17,112
    Thanks
    26,802
    Thanked 18,755 Times in 11,887 Posts

    Blog Entries
    52
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147747
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post


    Just because there is no chance the infant will survive does not mean it is necessary to actively kill it. Being unable to save it and intentionally ending its life are two different things.
    Who advocated for that?

    "Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

    LoneStar (April 22nd, 2016),Tambora (April 22nd, 2016)

  17. #90
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,300
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 496 Times in 451 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147716

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    How is law trumping grace?


    It's only projection if it's not true about Artie in the least, and is absolutely true of Nick.


    Just because there is no chance the infant will survive does not mean it is necessary to actively kill it. Being unable to save it and intentionally ending its life are two different things.
    But, as a woman I must say, are you not advocating the deliberate murder of a woman?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us