User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
Results 136 to 149 of 149

Thread: Post of the day...Idiot variety

  1. #136
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    292
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    It only frees you from sin? What does that mean, exactly?
    To be free from sin, has nothing to do with you no longer doing those things that the Law would define as sin (such as coveting), but that God is no longer taking your sins into account. This is because you are no longer in the flesh (in Adam; in darkness; etc), but in Christ, and in Him there is no sin.
    Walking according to the Spirit means we obey the VOICE of the Lord...the leading of the Spirit.... in every particular situation in which we find ourselves.
    Are you a charismatic? Walking in the Spirit has nothing to do with anything like that. It is about being in Christ, and walking by faith in His finished work, and NOT attempting to be made right with God through obedience to the Law.

    We seek HIS direction in our lives...not just life and death decisions but those things that are right or wrong for us. What is right for you may be wrong for me.
    That's just bizarre.




    Who accuses me of sin? Certainly not God. So, I can't agree with you on that one. I think it is absolute faith to say I have no sin. That means I trust and believe that our Lord took all my sin on the cross. All of it. How can I have sin when I am not under the law? It would be in vain if I were first coming into the light to claim I have no sin. I have no sin now because our Lord Jesus Christ has cleansed me from ALL unrighteousness. I am clean every whit. I have been adopted into the household of God...no longer a son of Adam, but a son of God.
    This conversation is going nowhere. You're not listening.


    Actually, they prove His death accomplished exactly what it was meant to.
    We are talking about two different things.



    Actually, Paul set very strict quidelines on that....which you seem to have redrawn a bit. We are not to usurp authority over men in the assembly.
    Disagree


    And you have decided that certain forms of birth control are murder, right?
    Certain types are, that's not an opinion.
    Tell me which commandment says that? No, Sozo. You are most definitely judging what is sin and what isn't sin, and we are not to walk according to YOUR convictions. I have the mind of Christ, just as you do, and NO MAN is to judge me any more than I am to judge you. We simply cannot know what God is telling the "other guy". We can speculate...we can think we know....but we should never go beyond that.
    You are not free to tell others what is murder, that it is not murder.

    Can you imagine what we would say to Abraham if we saw him tying Isaac and placing him on the altar?
    This is getting weird. You are not involved in the coming Seed.

    I know a MAN who teaches that those who don't speak in tongues do not have the Spirit dwelling in them. I know another who teaches that women can be pastors in a church, and another that teaches babies must be baptized. The list is long, but YOU are not the interpreter of what the Spirit tells other members of the body.
    This is crazy. God does not tell one person one thing, and another person something else. Objective truth is not subjective.

  2. #137
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    292
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Ah, I see. You're angry with women. "All the deceiving", really?
    I never said "all women", but the vast majority have abandoned God's intent concerning them.


    It wasn't that Adam "listened" to Eve.
    "Then to Adam He said, “Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat from it’; Cursed is the ground because of you; In toil you will eat of it All the days of your life." Genesis 3:17



    I'm done listening to you.

  3. #138
    Black Rifles Matter Nick M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    16,833
    Thanks
    649
    Thanked 9,966 Times in 6,976 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147813
    Quote Originally Posted by S0ZO View Post
    To be free from sin, has nothing to do with you no longer doing those things that the Law would define as sin (such as coveting), but that God is no longer taking your sins into account.
    What I tell people, especially new Christians if they show a zeal for God according to knowledge and believe the gospel, is that they do not sin. They are to present themselves as perfect and Holy. Not because of their dead flesh, but because the Spirit is alive in them. We do not regard people according to the flesh. I don't regard Nang or godrulz according to their behavior. I tell them they are dead because they are not in Christ. My evidence is the evil they post.

    And that has nothing to do with immoral behavior like adultery, that should still be a crime and shamefully is not in the USA.
    Last edited by Nick M; August 2nd, 2014 at 10:41 PM.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

    Titus 1

    For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

    Ephesians 5

    11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

  4. #139
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Carmarthenshire
    Posts
    8,725
    Thanks
    176
    Thanked 856 Times in 746 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    183820
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    What I tell people, especially new Christians if they show a zeal for God according to knowledge and believe the gospel, is that they do not sin. They are to present themselves as perfect and Holy. Not because of their dead flesh, but because the Spirit is alive in them. We do not regard people according to the flesh. I don't regard Nang or godrulz according to their claims. I tell them they are dead because they are not in Christ. My evidence is the evil they post.

    And that has nothing to do with immoral behavior like adultery, that should still be a crime and shamefully is not in the USA.
    So what about the evil you post? What about the obnoxious lies to continually post and attribute to me? What about your lies to cover yourself when you are caught? You are the proverbial rotten apple in the barrel and it seems you are allowed to get away with it for some reason. I'm placing you on ignore which is where you should always have been.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

    "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

    I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

    Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

    I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

  5. #140
    Over 4000 post club IMJerusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Appalachian foothills of Ohio
    Posts
    4,184
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 93 Times in 72 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    101136
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    What I tell people, especially new Christians if they show a zeal for God according to knowledge and believe the gospel, is that they do not sin. They are to present themselves as perfect and Holy. Not because of their dead flesh, but because the Spirit is alive in them. We do not regard people according to the flesh. I don't regard Nang or godrulz according to their claims. I tell them they are dead because they are not in Christ. My evidence is the evil they post.
    You stand unarmed because you do not recognize sin. You told me to heed Paul. Why don't you?

    "For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.…" Just as Paul was when he wrote this, so are you now...not free from your body of death. This is why Paul was so eager to go and be with Yeshua, so he would be free from sin. You lay before new believers an enormous stumbling block all the while condemning yourself as you condemn members of the Body with the evil you post.

    You act as if there is no King in Israel. "In those days there was no king in Israel. Everyone did what was right in his own eyes." (Judges 21:25)
    One who would be a living sacrifice is one who does not do what is right in his or her own eyes.
    I AM the pie lady!!

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #141
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,135 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147832
    Quote Originally Posted by S0ZO View Post
    To be free from sin, has nothing to do with you no longer doing those things that the Law would define as sin (such as coveting), but that God is no longer taking your sins into account. This is because you are no longer in the flesh (in Adam; in darkness; etc), but in Christ, and in Him there is no sin. Are you a charismatic? Walking in the Spirit has nothing to do with anything like that. It is about being in Christ, and walking by faith in His finished work, and NOT attempting to be made right with God through obedience to the Law.

    That's just bizarre.
    It is bizarre since I agree with what you say above, but you aren't willing to hear what I am saying. You're jumping to conclusions, and I suspect it's because I spoke up at all.


    Walking in the Spirit has everything to do with being LED by Him. I'm guessing you were thrown off by my use of the word "voice". The Word of God is God speaking to us...it is His voice, and when a verse comes to our mind, it's He that brings it. It's that "still small voice" that offers peace, joy, and comfort. I'm sure you won't argue with that.

    Luke 4:1
    And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,

    Romans 8:14
    For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

    Galatians 5:18
    But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.




    This conversation is going nowhere. You're not listening.


    We are talking about two different things.
    True, we aren't on the same page at all, and trying to stay on the same page over the internet is not the easiest thing in the world.



    This is getting weird. You are not involved in the coming Seed.
    I was using Abraham as an EXAMPLE of someone doing something that others looking on may misconstrue. That's as far as it went.

    This is crazy. God does not tell one person one thing, and another person something else. Objective truth is not subjective.
    Yep, it's crazy to try and have a conversation when you're talking about one thing and I'm talking about something else entirely. Even my comment about Adam "listening" to Eve got messed up. I was saying (I meant) it wasn't his listening to Eve that got him in trouble, it was his eating (the doing of it). Eve said, "The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat."

    Gen. 3:13
    And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

    Adam didn't say he was "beguiled", simply that he took what she gave him and ate it. He willfully chose Eve over God. That was the entire POINT I was making.

    Gen. 3:12
    And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

    I do find it odd that both you and Lighthouse go right to the charge of my being Pentecostal. I guess that's one way to give a backhanded slap down.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    LoneStar (April 22nd, 2016),Tambora (April 22nd, 2016)

  8. #142
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,135 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147832
    Quote Originally Posted by IMJerusha View Post
    You stand unarmed because you do not recognize sin. You told me to heed Paul. Why don't you?

    "For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.…" Just as Paul was when he wrote this, so are you now...not free from your body of death. This is why Paul was so eager to go and be with Yeshua, so he would be free from sin. You lay before new believers an enormous stumbling block all the while condemning yourself as you condemn members of the Body with the evil you post.

    You act as if there is no King in Israel. "In those days there was no king in Israel. Everyone did what was right in his own eyes." (Judges 21:25)
    One who would be a living sacrifice is one who does not do what is right in his or her own eyes.
    So, you are claiming Paul did the evil he didn't want to do? Are you out of your mind? Paul said to be imitators of him. Would he say that if he was so helpless to do good, and only did what he didn't want to do.

    I get so tired of people falling for Augustine's interpretation of this text. Paul is not that "wretched man" asking WHO shall deliver me. He is speaking as the man under the law and was wretched because of what the LAW COULD NOT DO....in that it was weak through the flesh.

    Romans 7:24
    O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

    Romans 8:3
    For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    LoneStar (April 22nd, 2016),Tambora (April 22nd, 2016)

  10. #143
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,135 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147832
    Quote Originally Posted by S0ZO View Post
    I never said "all women", but the vast majority have abandoned God's intent concerning them.

    I'm done listening to you.
    And the vast majority of men haven't?

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    LoneStar (April 22nd, 2016),Tambora (April 22nd, 2016)

  12. #144
    Over 4000 post club IMJerusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Appalachian foothills of Ohio
    Posts
    4,184
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 93 Times in 72 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    101136
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    So, you are claiming Paul did the evil he didn't want to do? Are you out of your mind? Paul said to be imitators of him. Would he say that if he was so helpless to do good, and only did what he didn't want to do.

    I get so tired of people falling for Augustine's interpretation of this text. Paul is not that "wretched man" asking WHO shall deliver me. He is speaking as the man under the law and was wretched because of what the LAW COULD NOT DO....in that it was weak through the flesh.

    Romans 7:24
    O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

    Romans 8:3
    For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
    If you wish to uphold Paul as Yeshua that is your business. Good thing for Paul he knew his place. 1Timothy 1:15 "Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst." Not was...am.
    I AM the pie lady!!

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  13. #145
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,135 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147832
    Quote Originally Posted by IMJerusha View Post
    If you wish to uphold Paul as Yeshua that is your business. Good thing for Paul he knew his place. 1Timothy 1:15 "Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst." Not was...am.
    "Worst", huh? Boy, ya learn something new every day around here. Try a better translation.

    2 Corinthians 11:5
    For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.

    2 Corinthians 12:11
    I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing.

    Ephesians 2:20
    And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;


    1 Timothy 1:15
    This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

    How about you read the next verse. "That in me FIRST...." Paul is not saying he is the worst sinner ever was, but that he was a sinner saved by grace ....he was the pattern of "longsuffering" to those who follow after and are begotten by his gospel.

    1 Tim. 1:15-16
    This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    LoneStar (April 22nd, 2016),Tambora (April 22nd, 2016)

  15. #146
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    14,625
    Thanks
    4,317
    Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,558 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    "Worst", huh? Boy, ya learn something new every day around here. Try a better translation.

    2 Corinthians 11:5
    For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.

    2 Corinthians 12:11
    I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing.

    Ephesians 2:20
    And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;


    1 Timothy 1:15
    This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

    How about you read the next verse. "That in me FIRST...." Paul is not saying he is the worst sinner ever was, but that he was a sinner saved by grace ....he was the pattern of "longsuffering" to those who follow after and are begotten by his gospel.

    1 Tim. 1:15-16
    This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
    1 Timothy 1:15New International Version (NIV)

    15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.

  16. #147
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,135 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147832
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    1 Timothy 1:15New International Version (NIV)

    15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.
    Of course the "worker's bible" would translate it so. That way all you workers can say you are just as good as Paul in trying to keep the law......for he was the WORST.

    Paul uses himself as an example we should follow...one who did not mind earthly things. If you ever read Paul's letters, you would know this.

    Phil. 3:17-19
    Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. 18(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

    What sins are you going to charge Paul with, oh worker of iniquity? List them out, and point your finger at him.


    Galatians 2:20
    I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

    2 Thessalonians 3:9
    Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    LoneStar (April 22nd, 2016),Tambora (April 22nd, 2016)

  18. #148
    Black Rifles Matter Nick M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    16,833
    Thanks
    649
    Thanked 9,966 Times in 6,976 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147813
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    So what about the evil you post?
    Posting the gospel and chasing away the wolves is not evil. And I will never stop doing it. You can whine, cry, stomp your feet and cry racism like a democrat would to distract, it won't work.

    What about the obnoxious lies
    Show one. You are a sanctimonious liar and the truth is not in you. It is obvious.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

    Titus 1

    For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

    Ephesians 5

    11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

  19. #149
    Black Rifles Matter Nick M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    16,833
    Thanks
    649
    Thanked 9,966 Times in 6,976 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147813
    Paul is first, that is what "proto" is. He is the prototype, he is the pattern. His words. Proto does not mean worst, or "chief", although the Chief of a tribe might be first in many things.

    I think idiot of the day carried on long enough.
    Last edited by Nick M; August 3rd, 2014 at 06:41 AM.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

    Titus 1

    For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

    Ephesians 5

    11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us