Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    I concur. Totally uncalled for.

~~~~~
    Dont worry, you will get your share of that also as you defend the Truth, you already know ! But its like Jesus said:

Matt 5:11-12

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Dont worry, you will get your share of that also as you defend the Truth, you already know ! But its like Jesus said:

Matt 5:11-12

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Yes...all so true!

~~~~~
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must know that it wasn't until Moody was baptized by Jesus Christ with the Pentecostal Holy Spirit that his ministry came alive. R.A.Torrey speaks of this as being true.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,379 Times in 2,029 Posts

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Totton Linnet View Post
    ...Spurgeon lovers know that despite his hot denial Spurgeon did mellow a little in his Calvinism...just a little.

It was from this time onwards that Spurgeon's Calvinism came under close scrutiny.
    Don't try to repaint him. He was Calvinist through and through and to try and take that away, because you appreciate him, is a disservice to the man. Many nonCalvinists who appreciate him, have tried to do this, even some suggesting that he didn't know what Calvinism was. This isn't true at all and it odd for a no-name to try and assert against Spurgeon's own writings on the matter (not you, there are a lot of webpages dedicated to this by people you and I won't ever know). I think that it is admirable to love him so much, that one desperately doesn't want him to be a Calvinist, as if loving a Calvinist or his sermons would be a bad thing. But I think that Spurgeon loved Arminians, should tell you something about the man. He didn't agree with them, he just didn't get his shorts in a bunch to distance himself from them. Simply enjoy him whether you agree with all of his theology or not. He was thoroughly Calvinist. He didn't 'soften.' He simply understood that God saves to the uttermost, and that Arminians were saved by the Gospel of Grace, whether they knew it or not. That is why he was good friends with Arminians. I am good friends with Arminians. Don't say I'm waffling on my theology though. That is doing both me and Spurgeon and injustice, and even yourself in the long run. Spurgeon never 'softened.'
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 796 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spurgeon remained a convinced Calvinist to the end of his life, fully committed to TULIP.

He mellowed somewhat in his later years, he without a doubt was positively affected by the Moody-Sankey mission in the 1870s.
    One lavished upon in the Beloved
    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/blog.php?u=10603

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CHS was undoubtedly a five pointer until The Lord took him home.

Pete 👤

Thread Information