Thanks
    Thanked 9,882 Times in 6,047 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inchrist1 View Post
    I am new to MAD and was really looking forward to learning.
    Hi Inchrist1, good to see you. I'm not new and still have much to learn.
    Some of the people on this forum are brilliant, i just wish they would post more so I can learn more.
    You can open up threads about specific topics or pose questions on threads already opened. This is a good forum to post because the known gainsayers have to stay somewhat at bay.
    So heir, Paul2Saul, Nick M, (there's more can't remember there user name), TEACH ME, PLEASE!!! I want to be able to present this without looking like a fool.
    Be specific in your questions and you will get answers.

You shall suffer persecution for preaching the grace of God. It comes with the territory.

2 Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

That's why you need to put on the whole armour of God.

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Ephesians 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Ephesians 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Ephesians 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Ephesians 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Ephesians 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Ephesians 6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Ephesians 6:20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
    2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to heir For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (April 23rd, 2016),JudgeRightly (March 4th, 2018),Tambora (December 18th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do have a question. Did Paul's ministry start with the Circomsized? Was it the same message as the one he preached to the Gentiles?
    During the dispensation of the gospel (1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV) Paul was sent to the Jew first and also to the Greek (all Greeks were Gentiles, but not all Gentiles were Greeks Acts 13:26 KJV, Acts 26:17 KJV, Romans 1:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 1:24 KJV) and preached the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) as the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16-17 KJV).

Paul was later sent to Gentiles such as we (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV, Acts 22:17-21 KJV) with the same good news; that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), but not "according to the scriptures", "but now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit" (Ephesians 3:5 KJV) revealing the mystery of the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV, Ephesians 6:19 KJV).
    2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to heir For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (April 23rd, 2016),JudgeRightly (March 4th, 2018),Tambora (December 18th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by way 2 go View Post
    Act 22:21 And he said to me, 'Go, for I will send you far away to the Gentiles.'"
    Act 22:22 Up to this word they listened to him. Then they raised their voices and said, "Away with such a fellow from the earth! For he should not be allowed to live."
    This is a later sending, not the Acts 9 sending.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to heir For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Way2go,

I am also having a hard time with this verse: "To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. (Acts 10:43 KJV)"

Isn't Peter preaching Grace through Faith here?
    Peter preached this to Cornelius:

Acts 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

while Paul preached this to us

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to heir For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (April 23rd, 2016),musterion (January 17th, 2018),Tambora (December 18th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TEACH ME, PLEASE!!!
    The Holy Ghost teacheth us comparing spiritual things whith spiritual.

1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Some people have said, comparing scripture with scripture. We believe we have all scripture in the King James Bible.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Timothy 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

It's all there FOR us.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heir For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (April 23rd, 2016),Tambora (December 18th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would also like to know all the verses that point to the differences so I can memorize them.
    Here are a few:

At Pentecost (a Jewish holy day) Peter preached:

Acts 2:38 KJV Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Paul preached:

1 Corinthians 15:3 KJV For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Peter preached that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead to sit on David’s throne:

Acts 2:30 KJV Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Paul preached that Jesus Christ was delivered for our offences and raised again for our justification:

Romans 4:25 KJV Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Peter preached the blotting out of sins at the second coming of the Lord

Acts 3:19-20 KJV Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

Paul writes that we have NOW received the atonement:

Romans 5:11 KJV And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Peter said it was spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began:

Acts 3:21 KJV Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Paul says it was a secret since the world began

Romans 16:25 KJV Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Here are some more:

http://trustingthelord.com/TextFiles...s_Mystery.html

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heir For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (April 23rd, 2016),Tambora (December 18th, 2017)

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 8,573 Times in 5,605 Posts

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He preached the kingdom to the circumcision. They had to obey and endure to the end in order to be saved.
    I hate to bust your bubble but the Lord Jesus told the Jews who lived under the law that if they would "believe" then they would receive eternal life:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).

Thanks
    Thanked 4,434 Times in 2,567 Posts

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Whatever happened to Chickenman?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (April 23rd, 2016),Tambora (January 24th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,577 Times in 13,017 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    The dispensation of grace is found Romans-Philemon. It is explained why in detail in Acts. Been busy...not much time for longer posts. Read chickenman's posts and his thread.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

heir (January 16th, 2018),Right Divider (January 24th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He preached the kingdom to the circumcision. They had to obey and endure to the end in order to be saved.
    How do you explain His words in the following verse?:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life" (Jn.5:24).

Over 6000 post club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,020 Times in 744 Posts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Way2go,

I am also having a hard time with this verse: "To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. (Acts 10:43 KJV)"

Isn't Peter preaching Grace through Faith here?

Hi and if you read Acts 10:46 , we see that Peter is preaching water baptism and we know that Paul was not sent to baptize BUT to preach the Gospel in , 1 Cor 17!!

And many will say , BUT read 1 Cor 1:14-17 and will say that Paul BAPTIZED , really !!

Read Acts 19:2-6 we see that Paul laid his hands on these disciples , verse 1 , and in verse 6 after Paul laids his hands on them , they were BAPTIZED with the Holy Spirit and not with water !

In verse 4 John indeed BAPTIZED / BAPTISMA with a BAPTISM / BAPRIZO of Repentance , which are two different Greek words !!

In verse 4 BAPTISMA means one who baptizes and the other Greek word word BAPTIZO / BAPTISM means water Baptism unto to Repentance , LINKED only to Israel !!

dan p

Thanks

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi and if you read Acts 10:46 , we see that Peter is preaching water baptism...
    As late as Acts 16:30-33 Paul was still baptizing believers with water.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,552 Times in 11,306 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    As late as Acts 16:30-33 Paul was still baptizing believers with water.
    I wonder if the jailor was a Jew.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

Tambora (January 24th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 46,914 Times in 28,969 Posts

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ya ever notice that nothing of the 12 apostles is mentioned after Acts 15.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    They already know monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

heir (January 18th, 2018),JudgeRightly (March 4th, 2018),musterion (January 18th, 2018),Right Divider (January 24th, 2018),steko (January 17th, 2018)

Thread Information