Thread: weekly weigh in

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    Only if he has gotten rid of his excess storage.
    I do want to get back to the pound a day pace for a few more weeks. I have money riding on it! I entered a 6 week local weight loss challenge and the first three places get paid!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And yes, Dr Atkins' famous diet, the induction phase, is really hard to do. McD's french fries are awesome. Especially right out of the frier with the right amount of salt.
    Mac and cheese is harder for me to say no to than fries.The shakes I am doing are not "Atkins diet" kind of low carb, especially when I blend in a handful of berries, but I am getting a lot less carbs than I was. Staying away from the vending machine at work is a biggie!

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delmar View Post
    Mac and cheese is harder for me to say no to than fries.The shakes I am doing are not "Atkins diet" kind of low carb, especially when I blend in a handful of berries, but I am getting a lot less carbs than I was. Staying away from the vending machine at work is a biggie!

Belly fat cure works. But it's tuff. You are only aloud 15 grams of sugar each day. If you drink a jambs juice drink thinking its healthy you are ruining fat loss. 75 grams of sugar in one smoothie, that's already a weeks worth. It's not fat that causes the body to store fat it's sugar. Breads, noodles, potatoes turn into sugar too quickly because they lack the fiber to slow down the digestion.

A bowl of ice cream is less fattening than a fast food hamburger bun because there is fat in the ice cream and it takes longer to digest it vs the bun.

I dropped down to 215 with no exercise by cutting off sugars cold turkey. There wasn't any calorie counting either. Just a look at how much sugar is in different products.
    A cup of milk has about 15 grams of sugar in it.

Good luck bro you can do it!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    Belly fat cure works. But it's tuff. You are only aloud 15 grams of sugar each day. If you drink a jambs juice drink thinking its healthy you are ruining fat loss. 75 grams of sugar in one smoothie, that's already a weeks worth. It's not fat that causes the body to store fat it's sugar. Breads, noodles, potatoes turn into sugar too quickly because they lack the fiber to slow down the digestion.
    This morning I added about 1/2 cup of blueberries which is about 6 grams of sugar. My shake mix has 9 grams.

A bowl of ice cream is less fattening than a fast food hamburger bun because there is fat in the ice cream and it takes longer to digest it vs the bun.

I dropped down to 215 with no exercise by cutting off sugars cold turkey. There wasn't any calorie counting either. Just a look at how much sugar is in different products.
    A cup of milk has about 15 grams of sugar in it.

Good luck bro you can do it!
    I cut out the milk as well. Instead I add a couple tablespoons of ground flax seed to water and blend. The recipe for flax milk is to strain out the solids, but I leave all the fiber in.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the mind-set it takes to take control of your life
    is truly a Spiritual experience.

it's a wonderful feeling, sort of like crossing a bridge
    into new territory and besides that, you can say to
    yourself with all honesty, 'I can do this' and if I have
    the discipline to do this, I can do so many other
    new and exciting things!........

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on a bigu diet. Sometimes it's called pigu diet. In English, it's a no grain diet. No dairy, no meat, no grians. Tofu is acceptable for proteins. No beans, no eggs. I do it for other reasons but weight loss in my case comes with it.

Cancer cure comes with it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,337 Times in 1,039 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seem to found the way to lose weight obviously. The key is to keep at it even after you reach to your ideal weight, meaning healthy diet is life long.

You can do it, brother.

Gluttony is one of the sins like drunkenness is sin. Too much drink and too much food are sin. We should keep that in mind.

Self-control is one of the fruit of spirit.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,136 Times in 6,308 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    235lbs
    What, your ego?

My goal is to get off that stuff for life .
    Brother, that is the stumbling stone. Many people go back to their old ways because they feel so good about themselves. A lifestyle change is just that.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Tambora (July 18th, 2016)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What, your ego?

Brother, that is the stumbling stone. Many people go back to their old ways because they feel so good about themselves. A lifestyle change is just that.

Bless you my son

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What, your ego?

I can't see myself sticking with an Adkins style low carb diet forever. It limits even vegetables too much, but I can see never going back to bread potatoes and pasta.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Delmar For Your Post:

Tambora (August 28th, 2016)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't see myself sticking with an Adkins style low carb diet forever. It limits even vegetables too much, but I can see never going back to bread potatoes and pasta.

Some guys who obsessed by staying in incredible shape on into mid life just separate carbs from protein. They still eat the carbs but not at the same time. It's weird.

But it's good to see your commitment cause it makes me want to do the same.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,136 Times in 6,308 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What he wants (wanted) you to do is, after you reach the target weight, you add the carbs back in. The fruit and vegetables, even some grains until you find your equilibrium of how much you can consume and maintain. I read one of his books, he was big on berries.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Tambora (July 18th, 2016)

Over 750 post club staind.raindrop's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diet and activity wouldn't be so dominant to weight loss if the ratio of good and bad bacteria in our guts wasn't spastic. Keybiotics, yo.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by staind.raindrop View Post
    Diet and activity wouldn't be so dominant to weight loss if the ratio of good and bad bacteria in our guts wasn't spastic. Keybiotics, yo.
    Seems to be a brand name of probiotics. I do believe in beneficial bacteria and try to avoid antibiotics as much as possible.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Delmar For Your Post:

Tambora (August 28th, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems to be a brand name of probiotics. I do believe in beneficial bacteria and try to avoid antibiotics as much as possible.
    hehe,at least we do recognize it is a chemical warfare going on..

good luck and science and research is your artillery.

I hope you keep us posted with what works and so on..

Thread Information