TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Bob Enyart Live > Bob Enyart Live
Reload this Page Real Science Friday: Comets
Bob Enyart Live Greetings to the brightest audience in the country. I am Bob Enyart...... discuss Bob's shows here! Bob's show is aired live on the radio and rebroadcast at: KGOV.com

(#91) Old
Over 5000 post club

Jukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peers
April 14th, 2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
A comet is an aggregation of dust particles and ice. For these small parts to combine they need to have been travelling in the same direction at the same speed. Earth is a ready source of all comet materials and there are mechanisms that can launch those things into the sky. All one needs to allow for is a larger event to have expelled material into space. Whatever the problems are with the idea that comets started life on Earth, it is a far more testable assumption than guessing what might have happened in unseen areas of space millions of years ago.
And those mechanisms are what??

"Against stupidity, the gods themselves fight in vain", G. Smiley

"Send money, guns and lawyers..." W. Zevon

"If it is possible for something to happen, that is evidence that it did happen." Stripe on TOL

"There but for fortune...", P. Ochs

(#92) Old
Over 2000 post club

Flipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peers
April 14th, 2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Back to GSweet's request for more information - this paper seems to think the search for extrasolar comets is worthwhile. I don't see any way that material can travel between stars. However it seems searches for incoming material is going on.
You don't think stars can interact with each other gravitationally? Interesting.

(#93) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

Stripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peers
Stripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peers
April 14th, 2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipper View Post
You don't think stars can interact with each other gravitationally? Interesting.
:squint:

You're weird.

Where is the evidence for a global flood?
Why do my eyes hurt?
You've never used them.

"...the waters under the "expanse" were under the crust."
-Bob B.

Nominate POTYs. See this thread.

(#94) Old
Over 5000 post club

Jukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peers
April 14th, 2010, 06:20 PM

Stripe: An answer to my question in Post #91, thanks

"If it is possible for something to happen, that is evidence that it did happen." Stripe on TOL

(#95) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

Stripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peers
Stripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peers
April 15th, 2010, 12:29 AM

You're welcome.

Why do my eyes hurt?
You've never used them.

-Bob B.

(#96) Old
Over 5000 post club

April 15th, 2010, 05:50 AM

Quote:
You're welcome.
No real answer, huh? Color me surprised again.

(#97) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

April 15th, 2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukia View Post
No real answer, huh? Color me surprised again.
No, I have an answer and you well know what that answer is. I'm wondering if anyone else is interested in the actual topic...

Why do my eyes hurt?
You've never used them.

-Bob B.

(#98) Old
Over 5000 post club

April 15th, 2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
No, I have an answer and you well know what that answer is. I'm wondering if anyone else is interested in the actual topic...
And the answer is? Indulge me.

(#99) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

April 15th, 2010, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukia View Post
And the answer is? Indulge me.
Start a thread and I'll happily jump in.

Why do my eyes hurt?
You've never used them.

-Bob B.

(#100) Old
Over 5000 post club

April 15th, 2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Start a thread and I'll happily jump in.
No, you mentioned the mechanism in this thread dealing with comets. Just provide me with the mechanism.

(#101) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

April 15th, 2010, 08:52 AM

OK.

Why do my eyes hurt?
You've never used them.

-Bob B.

(#102) Old
TOL Legend

The Barbarian is well respected by his peers
The Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peers
April 15th, 2010, 12:11 PM

Do you ever get the impression that Strpe's 10-YO son has found his TOL login?

(#103) Old
Over 2000 post club

Flipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peers
April 15th, 2010, 03:23 PM

Stripe, you're being unusually content-lite, even by your standards. Get it together, man.

(#104) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

April 15th, 2010, 07:19 PM

OK.

Why do my eyes hurt?
You've never used them.

-Bob B.

(#105) Old
Over 5000 post club

April 19th, 2010, 11:44 AM

Stripe: The mechanism is...?

Tags
comet, stripe non-science, yec