This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. 5020
    I figured you would choose something acceptable to Christ, but I guess having fun is more important.
    Acceptable to Christ? Or acceptable to you...

I doubt very much Christ cares that I randomly chose "pinko commie" - He knows what I am.. and thats all that matters.

Do you agree that Jesus came to bring division, not peace?
    I believe that faith in Christ causes one to be separated from the World (division) and that faith in Christ brings peace.

So.. yes and no.
    Show me someone who is expressing in anger his views of God, and I will show you someone who is deeply afraid of losing control of God- Peter Enns

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcastikus
      So willing to consider other people's points of view and having friendly, rational communications with them is the same as banning Christ?

Alan Watts, one of the most interesting philosopher/theologians of the 20th century, was correct in saying that Christianity's intolerance of other religions and philosophical systems is the result of an inferiority complex. The "right-wing zealots" and "fanatics" in Christianity ought to be secure enough in their own faith to be able to handle criticisms of their faith and not become paranoid thinking that non-believers are out to get them.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight

yup, thats what you posted.
        Show me someone who is expressing in anger his views of God, and I will show you someone who is deeply afraid of losing control of God- Peter Enns

Comment

Originally posted by geoff
          yup, thats what you posted.
          Geoff I sure have missed you. Don't be such a stranger.
          Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
          TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

Acceptable to Christ? Or acceptable to you...
            I said "acceptable to Christ."
            I doubt very much Christ cares that I randomly chose "pinko commie" - He knows what I am.. and thats all that matters.
            So Christ does not care how you portray yourself to the world?
            I believe that faith in Christ causes one to be separated from the World (division) and that faith in Christ brings peace.

So.. yes and no.
            You're talking about an internal peace. I'm talking about in relation to others, particularly the lost.

Comment

Oh and fool... I realize you are a ChristianForums.com member so I want to remind you that without Christ's forgiveness you are going to hell to live for an eternity with the burden of you sin piled on your back.

Nobody at ChristianForums.com can tell you that without fear of being banned so it's important that we at TOL remind you of the truth.

There is still time for you to repent!

Oh dude, you have really made my day!

Thank God for you and TOL!!

btw... I also heard that if you type SOZO on their site, it comes out like this ****

Comment

I'm talking about in relation to others, particularly the lost.
                Or how about the masses that consider themselves "Christian"?

Would Christ do as ChristianForums.com does and strive to unite them? Or would He use TRUTH to divide them?

Comment

Jesus is the one who brings devision, if you are not Jesus then it is not your job and you are assuming the rights that are reserved to the Deity. Generally this is not a good thing to do.
                  "Not everything that is clever, is true."

- - St Ephiram of Syria - -

Comment

Originally posted by Sozo
                    btw... I also heard that if you type SOZO on their site, it comes out like this ****

And THAT my friend is a GOOD thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Sealeaf
                      Jesus is the one who brings devision, if you are not Jesus then it is not your job and you are assuming the rights that are reserved to the Deity. Generally this is not a good thing to do.
                      So basically you are saying DON'T Do as Jesus does?

Comment

Originally posted by Sealeaf
                        Just to clarify...

You are saying we should NOT strive to be like Christ, right?

Comment

Christ Banned

Yes,They are quite liberal over there.Lots of Catholics.And other unity only minded folks there.How dare one sharpeneth the other,and rebuke before all.
                          If one is wise,however,you can get a fair ways there,and be used of God.

PeterAV
                          Holy Bible
                          There is only one.

Comment

I said "acceptable to Christ."
                            Ahh.. well... so you did. However, I think you meant "acceptable to you".

So Christ does not care how you portray yourself to the world?
                            He does. However, as I said, none of the options were any more accurate so I just picked one that took my fancy.

You're talking about an internal peace. I'm talking about in relation to others, particularly the lost.
                            Uh huh. I said "separate from the world".

Should we be at peace with the Lost? Good question. How many do you think we'd convert if we are at war with them? Does it work for the Muslims?

So, yes. We should be approachable by all people, of all faiths, denominations, belief systems, etc etc. So.. peace.
                            Last edited by Turbo; January 19th, 2006, 04:13 PM. Reason: tag typo

Comment

Or how about the masses that consider themselves "Christian"?

Would Christ do as ChristianForums.com does and strive to unite them? Or would He use TRUTH to divide them?
                              He would use truth to FREE them.. not to divide them.

Comment

How many do you think we'd convert if we are at war with them? Does it work for the Muslims?
                                What do you get when you befriend the Muslims???? 911

Comment

Working...
                                X