Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Infractions for reporting posts that DO NOT NEED REPORTING.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Knight View Post
    I added a new infraction in the mod-tools for "Falsely reporting posts"

I think that's an excellent idea!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tambora View Post
      She right.

Let's say Steko has me on ignore.
      He then starts a thread about whether the last supper was the passover lamb meal.
      I want to counter the argument he makes.
      I know he cannot see my counter, but I want to counter his points for the viewers.

If I cannot see what he posts, I can't counter any of his points.
      It's a small price to pay to make ignore functional. And I've never seen any point made around here want for counters.
      You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
        It's a small price to pay to make ignore functional. And I've never seen any point made around here want for counters.
        I countered people that had me on ignore a lot of times.

Did it practically every day when Grace&Peace put me on ignore.
        There is no way I would want her to be able to post her garbage and not be able to counter it.

No go on that idea.

I don't have anyone on ignore.
        I want to see what everyone says. And if I have a counter to what they say, I want to be able to quote them and counter it.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
        They already know monsters exist.
        We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm saying that if I have you on ignore YOU (not anyone else) can't read what I write and I can't read what you write.

As it stands now it's one sided. So I can put you on ignore while you get free shots at commenting on my posts. It's often how people who are put on ignore goad others into taking them off. But if you can't see me when I can't see you it effectively robs both of us of a way to comment on our respective writings and knowing that removes the temptation to look.

I understand you, but I can also discern that you are being subjective with your suggestion, and less than objective with your complaint.
          "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

" The difference between faith and saving faith are the propositions believed."
          Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
          Charles Spurgeon

Comment

I think VBulletin has a forced ignore feature that can be used to MAKE members ignore each other. At least, it used to. Handy for those people who should ignore each other, but won't. Might come in handy.
            Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn. Then, always be a unicorn.

“And every day, the world will drag you by the hand, yelling, ‘This is important! And this is important! And this is important! You need to worry about this! And this! And this!’ And each day, it’s up to you to yank your hand back, put it on your heart and say, ‘No. This is what’s important.’” –Iain Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by Tambora View Post
              I countered people that had me on ignore a lot of times.

Did it practically every day when Grace&Peace put me on ignore.
              There is no way I would want her to be able to post her garbage and not be able to counter it.

No go on that idea.

I don't have anyone on ignore.
              I want to see what everyone says. And if I have a counter to what they say, I want to be able to quote them and counter it.
              Well, I have some on ignore still, but am in agreement with wanting more and more to stay aware and know what sort of tripe or wrong teaching certain posters are putting out. Nick M is my first example; Lighthouse is my second.

Others, like ignored GM are merely a waste of time to read . . .

Nang
              "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

" The difference between faith and saving faith are the propositions believed."
              Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
              Charles Spurgeon

Comment

THE SOUP NAZI
                Last edited by serpentdove; September 12th, 2013, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nang View Post
                  I understand you, but I can also discern that you are being subjective with your suggestion, and less than objective with your complaint.
                  town reminds me of a little kid whining "it's not fair! i have him on ignore but he's not ignoring me!"

the level of childish behavior here is staggering

Comment

Originally posted by Nang View Post
                    That's general enough that there's no real way to answer it. And why say I'm being subjective and...subjective?

Or, what about what I wrote would you call the complaint and how do you see it as lacking objectivity?

Originally posted by resurrected View Post
                    town reminds me of a little kid whining "it's not fair! i have him on ignore but he's not ignoring me!"

the level of childish behavior here is staggering
                    Seriously, do you mean to be ironic? You, clinging to that anger of yours, protecting yourself from letting go of it by any means necessary.

Peculiar fellow.

Pro-Life

Comment

You know Knight you could just hand out a block of cheese to these people that love to report non-issues, it will go nicely with their wHine...
                      The winner of the 2011 Truthsmacker of the Year Award

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...pictureid=3504

Help Take Back Our Country from Washington D.C.. with the Convention of States

Comment

Originally posted by rocketman View Post
                        You know Knight you could just hand out a block of cheese to these people that love to report non-issues, it will go nicely with their wHine...
                        Mhmmm...

I see what you did there...you're the man!

Comment

Originally posted by rocketman View Post

i see town and catholic crusader are clamoring for their fair share of the cheese already

Comment

Originally posted by resurrected View Post
                            i see town and catholic crusader are clamoring for their fair share of the cheese already
                            Wow...you're so obsessed you project it on everything and everyone.

I think that if I wanted to punish you the only thing I'd need to do would be leave you to continue to shake that impotent fist at me...and maybe that's also, at this point, the right thing to do.

Congrats on winning the Cub Reporter of posts for what was it...three months running. How much cheddar would you need to go with that?

Pro-Life

Comment

I think that if I wanted to punish you the only thing I'd need to do would be leave you to continue to shake that impotent fist at me...and maybe that's also, at this point, the right thing to do.
                              Is that really a corner that you want to paint yourself into?

Comment

Originally posted by Eeset View Post
                                Is that really a corner that you want to paint yourself into?
                                at least he's given up that fake "i forgive you" approach

what a piece of work

wouldn't you love to unscrew his cranium and poke around inside?

Comment

Working...
                                X