Problem logging in to TOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Have you even bothered to try with a different browser/device?

So you say you can't look at the logs, but you're claiming that you know for a fact that someone is trying to hack your account?

Riiiiight....
    That's right. I am saying that and saying it from experience with web servers. I administered the servers for a web-based business for a few years. I know exactly how web servers work and the error messages they give to users. When, having not attempted a log in since I logged out of TOL, I get an error message telling me I have too many failed log in attempts and am locked out for that reason for a period time, I know exactly what that means. So do you, if you'll be honest about it.

When I don't have any failed log in attempts and I am locked out because of failed log in attempts then someone besides me is attempting to log into my account. But, I see little use in continuing this conversation with you. Why? Because you're apparently technologically illiterate.
    “Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

“One and God make a majority.”
    ― Frederick Douglass

Comment

Someone finally responded to me by email. For that I say thank you even though you didn't identify yourself. Hopefully the information I was able to supply from the IP address you provided will allow TOL to put a stop to these attacks.
      “Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.”
      ― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

“One and God make a majority.”
      ― Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
      X