This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sherman View Post
    That is called dishonest dialog. He's reading something into your post that you never said. That fall under provoking other members.
    Okay, thank you.
    Learn to read what is written.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

So using myself as a target example, I could refer to someone who named themselves "God's Truth" as "GT" but an alternate spelling of "GE" (for "Great Ego") would be out of line.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosenritter View Post
        So using myself as a target example, I could refer to someone who named themselves "God's Truth" as "GT" but an alternate spelling of "GE" (for "Great Ego") would be out of line.
        Hopefully, GT is spreading her 'false doctrine' elsewhere.

Comment

"GT" is fine. It's a acronym for a username. It isn't an insult. What this thread is addressing is insulting or belittling perversions of usernames.
          sigpic

Comment

"GT" is fine. It's a acronym for a username. It isn't an insult. What this thread is addressing is insulting or belittling perversions of usernames.
            how about ambiguous names like "gooseneck marmalade"?

Comment

Two practices that will now draw infractions for being disruptive.

. . .

2. FIFY --Fixed it For you. It is the practice of altering a person's post in the quotes to change it's meaning. TOL members did this quite a bit.

In my early years here I have been guilty of both. I have discovered that large healthy websites have rules against Name Warping and FIFY. They are conversation killers.

Just don't do it. It does not help dialog when users do this.
              I prefer "FTFY" (Fixed that for you)... But that's not why I'm quoting your post.

My question is this:

Is it alright to fix grammar and spelling mistakes in the person's post we're quoting provided that instead of removing the bad spelling/grammar, we leave it in the quoted post, but put the [STRIKE][/STRIKE] tags around the bad grammar/spelling and put the correction before/after it?

For example, Keypurr for whatever reason can't learn to use "you're" instead of "your", and vice versa. Would it be fine to do this?:

. . . blablablabla your you're blablablabla . . .

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post
                Post that egregious name change again, and I'll hire TH as my Lawyer and sue you. Did I make myself clear enough for you?

Comment

somebody tagged me with "dorky hoser" way back when

always figured if I came back with a new name I'd choose that one

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post

Not
                    acceptable. Abbreviations like GM are acceptable, but no alteration of the name that changes its meaning is acceptable unless the the alternation is meant as a compliment.
                    sigpic

Comment

I can't even count all of the times that I've been called "Wrong Divider".

It's a good thing that that is wrong.
                      All of my ancestors are human.
                      Originally posted by Squeaky
                      That explains why your an idiot.
                      Originally posted by God's Truth
                      Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                      Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                      (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                      (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
                        I can't even count all of the times that I've been called "Wrong Divider".

It's a good thing that that is wrong.
                        You're RIGHT.

Comment

Originally posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
                          You're RIGHT.
                          Thank you brother!
                          All of my ancestors are human.
                          Originally posted by Squeaky
                          That explains why your an idiot.
                          Originally posted by God's Truth
                          Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                          Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                          (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                          (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

You're RIGHT.

and You're GROSNICK!

Comment

I hope not, because I certainly can't call her "God's Truth". Perhaps I can remember to leave it at a simple GT instead of God's Untruth, but I'm not so sure. It feels like blasphemy to me.

Comment

Post that egregious name change again, and I'll hire TH as my Lawyer and sue you. Did I make myself clear enough for you?
                                And here I was getting a bit attached to "Dazed".

Comment

Working...
                                X