This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About the Party Guests

TOL can be likened to a party. It is comprised of family and guests. Who are the family members and who are the guests? I'll be getting to that after I define precisely what kind of site TOL is.

Originally posted by Knight View Post
    TOL is a biased forum, leaning very far to the Christian right, and therefore we interpret our rules from OUR perspective. There are many dissenting voices on TOL who have been debating us and fellowshipping with us for years, but those voices understand whose house party they are at and are respectful of that.
    Originally posted by webby View Post
    There is one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.

There is one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father.

Through Him all things were made. For us and for our salvation He came down from heaven: by the Holy Spirit He became incarnate from the Virgin Mary, and was made man.

For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate; He suffered death and was buried.

On the third day He rose again in accordance with the Scriptures; He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
    He will come again in glory.
    The family members are the Christians leaning to the right that adhere to TOL's statement of faith. All others are guests to the party. Guests are expected to behave themselves in a respectful manner and not go dumping beer on the tables and smearing food around. Don't go playing your kind of music at a high volume. In other words hold down the polemic and the name calling. Don't flood the forum with thread after thread about how bad Trump is or Jesus is not God or the anti-trinity stuff. You can get kicked out of the party for a time or permanently if you don't behave as a guest.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Sherman View Post
    [COLOR=#000080]TOL can be likened to a party. It is comprised of family and guests. Who are the family members and who are the guests? I'll be getting to that after I define precisely what kind of site TOL is.[/

The family members are the Christians leaning to the right that adhere to TOL's statement of faith. All others are guests to the party. Guests are expected to behave themselves in a respectful manner and not go dumping beer on the tables and smearing food around. Don't go playing your kind of music at a high volume. In other words hold down the polemic and the name calling. Don't flood the forum with thread after thread about how bad Trump is or Jesus is not God or the anti-trinity stuff. You can get kicked out of the party for a time or permanently if you don't behave as a guest.
    AMEN!

Comment

Nice!
      I hope this signals a sea change in the expectations.

AMR
      Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.

Do you confess?
      Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
      AMR's Randomata Blog
      Learn Reformed Doctrine
      I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
      Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
      Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
      The best TOL Social Group: here.
      If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
      Why?

Comment

Rule #1 Don't annoy the bouncer

Comment

... Don't flood the forum with thread after thread about how bad Trump is ...
          any interest in controlling those dishonest posters who can't seem to make a post about trump without lying about his motivations or his actions?

just one of way too many examples:
          Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
          (trump) had to think for a while if he was going to obey Putin...

Comment

TOL can be likened to a party. It is comprised of family and guests. Who are the family members and who are the guests? I'll be getting to that after I define precisely what kind of site TOL is.

AMEN.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
            They already know monsters exist.
            We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
              Nice!

AMR
              AMEN.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
              They already know monsters exist.
              We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
                Nice!

AMR
                The guests are not going to get away with as much. If they toe the line they are fine. Their making a mess at the party has been hurting this forum making it an unattractive place to be.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post
                  Rule #1 Don't annoy the bouncer
                  You got that right--I am the bouncer. Folks that make a mess will get bounced.
                  sigpic

Comment

You got that right--I am the bouncer. Folks that make a mess will get bounced.
                    "BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT" INBOUND!

Comment

I have been visiting as a guest on other Christian sites on the internet. The ones that are healthy and thriving don't let the folks out in left field get away with stuff. The nonsense garbage hurts a website. So my aim to get TOL healthy and thriving again. This is meant to be conservative Christian site and that is what it will be. Dissenters are free to participate, but they have to be respectful in their dialog then they do.
                      sigpic

Comment

I have been visiting as a guest on other Christians sites on the internet. The ones that are healthy and thriving don't let the folks out in left field get away with stuff. The nonsense garbage hurts a website. So my aim to get TOL healthy and thriving again. This is meant to be conservative Christian site and that is what it will be. Dissenters are free to participate, but they have to be respectful in their dialog then they do.

I'm quite willing to be as respectful to others as they've been to me in past encounters.

Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
                          I'm quite willing to be as respectful to others as they've been to me in past encounters.
                          and you're not banned

yet

Comment

Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
                            Is that the new litmus test for behavior? Why not strive to rise above such a low bar?

AMR
                            Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.

Do you confess?
                            Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
                            AMR's Randomata Blog
                            Learn Reformed Doctrine
                            I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
                            Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
                            Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
                            The best TOL Social Group: here.
                            If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
                            Why?

Comment

TOL can be likened to a party.
                              Excellent. Where are the cigars and bourbon?
                              Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
                              TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

Working...
                              X