Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the infraction?

Hello everyone

I was given an infraction by Sherman, for posting the following in the politics section:

Yes exactly, you got that right. For years the US government, along with its Western allies, have been starting wars in the middle east. We can go just a few years before 9/11:

Mod Edit: Over top Youtube links removed. Yes it is at the discretion of the forum to remove them.

The US and its allies are training and arming the so called "freedom fighters", that are nothing more than Islamists. Stop warmongering and perhaps the Muslims will stop trying to kill you. Stop killing their children, and they'll stop flying planes into your buildings. It's that simple. You're a warmongering American, without any moral high ground upon which to stand and point your crooked feculent finger at the Muslims.

Iraq, Libya, Syria, The Arab Spring led by US State Dept funded NGOs and Ukraine as well. You worship the American empire, and support whatever it does abroad, then when the victims of your foreign policy, migrate to your country or try to kill you, you pretend you're an innocent little lamb. But you're not, especially Americans like yourself that support the warmongering. I agree, there is "Islamic Terrorism", it exists, and likewise, there is "American Terrorism" and the terrorists like yourself that support it.

Last edited by Sherman; November 25th, 2017 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Spammy links intended to get a rise out the membership"
    The reason given was spamming and "False Propaganda". I can understand why staff would send me a warning, informing me that I can't post that many links in one of my posts. If your rules are that we can't post links or more than a certain amount of links, then I broke the rules. It's as simple as that. I didn't know there was a cap on the amount of links I can add to a post. Not knowing the rules or the law isn't an excuse for me breaking them, but nonetheless, one can also grant me a little mercy and give me a warning that if I do that again, I will receive an infraction. No warning was given, just an infraction for spamming and "false propaganda".

I don't see how what I posted is false and if that is now the new standard of determining whether one receives an infraction or not, then how can we engage in an honest debate on this forum, when our opinions can willy-nilly be labeled "false propaganda" and penalized? Is this a forum for honest discourse and open debate, or are certain views here barred from the discussion? My supposed "False Propaganda" consists of American generals/high ranking members of your military and politicians, admitting that your government has directly and indirectly supported Islamic extremists. Through its "regime change projects"/wars in the middle east and elsewhere, millions of people have had their lives destroyed. They've lost their lives, their homes, their livelihoods, their dignity.

I presented the evidence for that and if someone disagrees with what I presented, they're always free to respond with an opposing argument, refuting everything that I've said. I welcome a thorough analysis and critique of my views, and I'm not offended or angered when someone debunks my arguments. I actually appreciate it when someone presents evidence that refutes my position, because it allows me the opportunity to embrace the truth on a particular issue or at least come closer to it. Understand? So, why was I penalized by one of your staff members for simply presenting an argument, with references/links to a few YouTube videos? Thanks.

Start a new thread if you have that much information to post.

Comment

[MENTION=20276]RealityJerk[/MENTION] - don't worry too much about it. Moderators here have always given out infractions by their personal discretion. [MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION] probably needed to dust off her 'ban hammer'.

For the most part, try discussion as opposed to link dropping. I am not familiar with the specifics of your post but it sounds like a lot of anti-US youtube links were dropped. Rather, try just discussing the points and take it from there.

Either way, welcome to TOL and don't sweat it.
      “To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Comment

Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
        Start a new thread if you have that much information to post.
        Start a new thread on America's "Regime Change Projects" in the politics section and then what? I'll get penalized or banned for supposedly propagating "false propaganda"? I was just messaged privately by someone telling me this is an American board and I should delete the original post of this thread or risk being banned. Really? Is it that bad here? Isn't this a Christian board, that supposedly welcomes debate? Open discourse on the issues? Is this a Christian forum or an American Nationalist "Christian" forum, where any criticism of American foreign policy is censored and punished?

Comment

Originally posted by WizardofOz View Post
          [MENTION=20276]RealityJerk[/MENTION] - don't worry too much about it. Moderators here have always given out infractions by their personal discretion. [MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION] probably needed to dust off her 'ban hammer'.

For the most part, try discussion as opposed to link dropping. I am not familiar with the specifics of your post but it sounds like a lot of anti-US youtube links were dropped. Rather, try just discussing the points and take it from there.

Either way, welcome to TOL and don't sweat it.
          Ok thanks. I was considering becoming a paid subscriber. As an author, writer, I value having my views tested and challenged, so I post in several forums. When I find a forum with a large membership, I appreciate and value the platform. I'm concerned that if I post anything criticizing American foreign policy in the Muslim world, I'll get banned. Anyways, thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityJerk View Post
            Start a new thread on America's "Regime Change Projects" in the politics section and then what?
            As a non-interventionist myself, I'd like to see that thread.

I'll get penalized or banned for supposedly propagating "false propaganda"? I was just messaged privately by someone telling me this is an American board and I should delete the original post of this thread or risk being banned. Really? Is it that bad here? Isn't this a Christian board, that supposedly welcomes debate? Open discourse on the issues? Is this a Christian forum or an American Nationalist "Christian" forum, where any criticism of American foreign policy is censored and punished
            I think you'll be fine as long as you're discussion is critical of the policy and not simply anti-American rhetoric. Unfortunately, American nationalists might have trouble differentiating between the two.
            “To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Start a new thread on America's "Regime Change Projects" in the politics section and then what? I'll get penalized or banned for supposedly propagating "false propaganda"? I was just messaged privately by someone telling me this is an American board and I should delete the original post of this thread or risk being banned. Really? Is it that bad here? Isn't this a Christian board, that supposedly welcomes debate? Open discourse on the issues? Is this a Christian forum or an American Nationalist "Christian" forum, where any criticism of American foreign policy is censored and punished?
              If you read the rules and the views of the owner of this site you will have your answers. Don't mess with America !!!

Comment

Ok thanks. I was considering becoming a paid subscriber. As an author, writer, I value having my views tested and challenged, so I post in several forums. When I find a forum with a large membership, I appreciate and value the platform. I'm concerned that if I post anything criticizing American foreign policy in the Muslim world, I'll get banned. Anyways, thanks for the feedback.

― Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                  Don't mess with America !!!
                  ^ this ^

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
                  They already know monsters exist.
                  We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

@RealityJerk - don't worry too much about it. Moderators here have always given out infractions by their personal discretion. @Sherman probably needed to dust off her 'ban hammer'.
                    Nope.
                    Sherman moderates the site in the manner the owner of the site wants it run.
                    And this site is definitely biased, and Sherman will not allow thread subjects that are not welcome here.
                    Therefore, Sherman made the right decision.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
                    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tambora View Post
                      Nope.
                      Sherman will not allow thread subjects that are not welcome here.
                      In this case, what subject was that, exactly?

― Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

In this case, what subject was that, exactly?
                        The rhetoric and propaganda that Muslims are justified in their barbaric jihad is not going to be reciprocated well here.
                        If Realityjerk is really looking for some sort of a civil discussion of that topic, he would be better off going to another site.
                        Or he can take his chances here and let the chips fall.

Comment

The rhetoric and propaganda that Muslims are justified in their barbaric jihad is not going to reciprocated well here.
                          I never read the post [MENTION=20276]RealityJerk[/MENTION] was given an infraction for. I'll let him speak for himself on whether that was the point he was trying to convey.

That said, blowback is a very real Geo-political phenomenon noted by many reputable politicians and military strategists and it was coined by non other than the CIA.

Our actions do have consequences.

― Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Nope.
                            Sherman moderates the site in the manner the owner of the site wants it run.
                            And this site is definitely biased, and Sherman will not allow thread subjects that are not welcome here.
                            Therefore, Sherman made the right decision.
                            I looked for the rules and only saw the general intro but I thought there was a more detailed description of the views and list of potential infractions somewhere.

I know that Call Out threads to complain about Mods or infractions are not allowed either.

Comment

I never read the post @RealityJerk was given an infraction for. I'll let him speak for himself on whether that was the point he was trying to convey.

That said, blowback is a very real Geo-political phenomenon noted by many reputable politicians and military strategists and it was coined by non other than the CIA.

Our actions do have consequences.
                              RealityJerk seems chock full of info of the terrible things "we've done" and uses a lot of "you did this and you did that" like me & you actually did it. Very accusatory. He seems to have "boned up" on anti America material with a touch of anti-Christian rhetoric for flavor, from what I've seen. If that's all he talks about he won't be welcomed.

Comment

Working...
                              X