Why the infraction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
    I looked for the rules and only saw the general intro but I thought there was a more detailed description of the views and list of potential infractions somewhere.
    I imagine it's that way (not too detailed) on purpose.

This site is not a democracy where the majority gets to decide what goes on here.
    Input is invited at times, but the owner's bias is final.

I know that Call Out threads to complain about Mods or infractions are not allowed either.
    Yeah, TOL doesn't cotton to that.
    It's best just to move on to another site that is more in tune with the subjects one wants to discuss rather than start an unwanted controversy here.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    They already know monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tambora View Post
      Nope.
      Sherman moderates the site in the manner the owner of the site wants it run.
      And this site is definitely biased, and Sherman will not allow thread subjects that are not welcome here.
      Therefore, Sherman made the right decision.
      Well that pretty much answers the question of whether this is truly a forum for political debate. It's clearly not. I wonder how far we can go theologically as well,challenging the forum's staff religious views, before we're censored or banned. It's a shame that some Christians feel so threatened by certain ideas and arguments they don't like.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityJerk View Post
        Well that pretty much answers the question of whether this is truly a forum for political debate. It's clearly not. I wonder how far we can go theologically as well,challenging the forum's staff religious views, before we're censored or banned. It's a shame that some Christians feel so threatened by certain ideas and arguments they don't like.
        Or ...... you could just grow up and not be so overly dramatic and realize the reality that TOL does not revolve around what you think it should be.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
        We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

Or ...... you could just grow up and not be so overly dramatic and realize the reality that TOL does not revolve around what you think it should be.

Comment

The rhetoric and propaganda that Muslims are justified in their barbaric jihad is not going to be reciprocated well here.
            If Realityjerk is really looking for some sort of a civil discussion of that topic, he would be better off going to another site.
            Or he can take his chances here and let the chips fall.
            I never said anyone is justified for their terrorism. That's a straw-man argument. You're not justified for your terrorism/warmongering and neither are the Arab terrorists for targeting you, in spite of your indifference to your government's destructive, violent, foreign policy.

What I did say, is that, you should be honest, and stop claiming that their terrorism is completely unprovoked or due to them simply hating you for your freedoms, as President Bush jr claimed in his speech to congress in 2001. That's not entirely true and you're concerned with the truth aren't you?

Who provoked whom is really irrelevant. Targeting civilians is always wrong and starting wars in the name of a perceived, supposed, "national interest", that destroys the lives of millions of innocent people is likewise wrong. If you're truly an American patriot, you wouldn't stand for it. Patriotism is far from granting your unconditional support to government policy. America is more than just a piece of property, a land, it's a free republic, founded on immutable, divine principles. The value of human life, the importance of the right to your life, property, the honoring of contracts, the right to defend your rights..etc. This is what makes America great. Its ideals and values, not a cabal of politicians in Washington, in the pockets of special interest and foreign governments.

Some American Christians, don't care what their government does to the Arabs. "A-rabs". They misinterpret the bible and have developed skewed, warped ideas about Arabs and their value as human beings. These so called Christians, give their unconditional, unquestioned approval to the Jews (natural branches, cut off from the vine of Christ due to their rejection of our savior) and their secular, racist state. They equate biblical Israel, with the secular Zionist apartheid state of "Israel" (nothing more than a carnal counterfeit to the true Israel of God in Christ). So they don't care how many wars America starts in the middle east and how many Arabs die (Christian or Muslim).

The more war in the middle east, the more warm and fuzzy feelings they feel. It reinforces their faith, their corrupt theology and eschatology. They see the word "Israel" on the map and automatically assume that is the fulfillment of prophesy, hence Jesus' second coming must be right around the corner. The "pre-tribulation" rapture can happen at any moment. These American Evangelicals are infected with these warped notions of eschatology (the second coming of Jesus Christ) and who and what is Israel. What it actually means to be the Israel of God. They fear death, like everybody else does, and the idea of being raptured up into the clouds to meet Jesus in their new resurrection bodies, comforts and invigorates them. It provides them with the confirmation they need to believe in Jesus, when they see a country on the map called "Israel".

They don't care how many Arab Christians, Muslims, Druze, Mandeans, die as a result of American foreign policy. Those so called "A-rabs", look different than we do, so who cares about them. It's an alien culture, with a religion that has been for over a thousand years, Christianity's main competitor for converts, proselytes, and that creates a lot of tension in the American Evangelical's psyche. They can't reconcile or deal with the Muslim theological challenge to their faith, without resorting to attacking Arabs and their culture, the character of their prophet, religious leaders..etc.

These American "Christians" feel the need to demonize Islam and Arabs, as a psychological defense mechanism, to preserve their weak faith in Jesus Christ. A true disciple of Jesus Christ, doesn't feel the need to debunk Muslim apologists or convince Muslims of who Jesus actually is, because he or she knows that it is the Holy Spirit of God that does the convincing. It's the power of God, the divine anointing that rests on you, that will quicken the elect to accept Christ as their Lord and Savior, not a theological argument, much less a cheap polemic about how evil Muhammad was and how Arabs are all a bunch of terrorists. All of that just undermines the effort to spread the gospel to the Muslims.

In the end, all of the warmongers, regardless of whether they identify as Christians or not, will have to pay the piper when Christ returns. God, Family, Country. Our allegiance to a carnal, earthly national identity or government, is trumped by our allegiance to God and His Kingdom. God's law. The US government's "regime change projects" are illegal, based on international law and God's law. All of you "Christian" nationalist warmongers will figure that out on the day of judgement.

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
            Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work lawlessness (anomois).

Comment

Some American Christians, don't care what their government does to the Arabs. "A-rabs".
              Arab does not = Muslim.
              A Muslim is one of the religion of Islam which is contrary to Christians and America.

So they don't care how many wars America starts in the middle east and how many Arabs die (Christian or Muslim).
              You are out of touch if you think anyone here thinks this way.

The more war in the middle east, the more warm and fuzzy feelings they feel. It reinforces their faith, their corrupt theology and eschatology.
              You are being very opinionated and presumptuous.

They see the word "Israel" on the map and automatically assume that is the fulfillment of prophesy, hence Jesus' second coming must be right around the corner.
              The "pre-tribulation" rapture can happen at any moment. These American Evangelicals are infected with these warped notions of eschatology (the second coming of Jesus Christ) and who and what is Israel. What does it mean to be the Israel of God. They fear death, like everybody else does, and the idea of being raptured up into the clouds to meet Jesus in their new resurrection bodies, comforts and invigorates them. It provides them with the confirmation they need to believe in Jesus, when they see a country on the map called "Israel".
              A very limited few here think the present day state of Israel is the regathering of the tribes or that it is now the promised restoration of Israel.

These American "Christians" feel the need to demonize Islam
              You bet your boots we do!
              Islam is incompatible with Christianity.

and Arabs,
              Christians do not demonize Arabs.
              We demonize Islam.

A true disciple of Jesus Christ
              ... would never approve of Islam.

Comment

Arab does not = Muslim.
                Oh I know that, believe me. I lived in Egypt as a missionary and I'm well familiar with Arab culture. American Evangelicals are so infected with Zionism and dispensationalism, that they really don't make much of a distinction between Muslim and Christian Arabs. The fact you're willing to support your country's warmongering in the middle east, in spite of the devastating consequences it has on all Arabs, bears witness to that.

A Muslim is one of the religion of Islam which is contrary to Christians and America.
                The fact that Muslim Arabs are adherents of a religion that doesn't concord with Christianity, theologically, doesn't give you a right to demonize them, much less warmonger (kill them).

You are out of touch if you think anyone here thinks this way.
                Ok, then why do you defend American foreign policy in Syria? And what your government did in Libya and Iraq? I can see how the US was perfectly justified in invading Afghanistan. I supported the war in Afghanistan when it was originally for bringing Bin Laden to justice and killing terrorists. That was a just and noble cause. But what has happened since 2001 in Afghanistan, is unjustified. Not to speak of the war in Iraq, Libya and now Syria. I presented the evidence, showing high ranking US government officials, admitting that the US shouldn't have started the war in Iraq, Libya and Syria and has been directly and indirectly arming Islamic radicals/terrorists.

How do you justify that? As a true American patriot and Christian, how can you support that? Why don't American Evangelicals even mention that when criticizing Muslims for their violence? Asserting that Arabs are just inherently violent and evil, that these terrorists that are being supported by western governments, are supposedly a true representation of Islam and Muslims, is wrong. That is incorrect and dishonest. You don't even mention or factor in the US government and its Western allies' role in this violence.

In your attempt to demonize Arab Muslims, Islam, you blame them and their religion, with all of the violence that is being committed. No, that's outright hypocrisy and dishonest. Disingenuous. We're the innocent little lambs, poor little victims here in the West, those bad crazy Arab Muslims, we don't know what's their problem? They're just evil. Infected with Islam. right? No.

You are being very opinionated and presumptuous.

And when you're demonizing Muslims and their religion, you're not? What I just said about the motivations of American Evangelicals is true and strikes a cord with you doesn't it? Because you know it's true. Many American Evangelicals hate Muslims, Arabs, because of their eschatology and support of the Zionist racist state of "Israel" (Carnal Counterfeit of true Israel). I've had American Evangelicals tell me this, to my face. The "fact" that the wars indicate that Jesus is coming back soon and we should rejoice, that biblical prophecy is being fulfilled. Our redemption is near..etc. They love it. That's why they vote for warmongering politicians, that give their unconditional support to the secular racist state of "Israel".

They don't care how many A-rabs die through American interventionist wars and regime change projects. It's all the same to them.

A very limited few here think the present day state of Israel is the regathering of the tribes or that it is now the promised restoration of Israel.

Well good, I hope you're right. Because that's one of the reasons so many American Evangelicals support the warmongering. Hopefully you're not one of them.

You bet your boots we do!
                Islam is incompatible with Christianity.

Christians do not demonize Arabs.
                We demonize Islam.

... would never approve of Islam.

As Christians, we don't demonize. Demonizing people or their beliefs, their religion, is not the way to spread the gospel. Do you like it when Muslims or Hindus..etc, demonize Christianity? Demonize Christians? Do you like it when non-Christians, misrepresent our faith? If not, why do it to others? Is that the Holy Spirit that is leading you, or the flesh? The Holy Spirit doesn't demonize anyone. If you criticize or rebuke an ideology or an individual, make sure you're accurate in your criticism and always be prepared to present your evidence. Our objective is truth and reconciling people to God, not driving them away, by demonizing them. Being hateful.

So, if you don't like being demonized, why demonize others? I see Christians or maybe I should say, people who claim to be Christians, demonizing Muslims and Arabs. That's not right. We can condemn terrorism and rebuke those who subscribe to radical, jihadist Islam, but to paint all Muslims with the same brush and claim the jihadist represent "true Islam", is wrong. Immoral.

There are 3.3 million Muslims in America. Are you aware of that? If only 1/10th of 1% of those Muslims were terrorists, America would have 3,300 terrorists going postal around America. That would be a national crises, requiring the deployment of at least the National Guard. America would be under marshal law. Imagine, when those two terrorists in Boston planted a bomb, all of Boston was essentially under marshal law. Can you imagine 3,300 terrorists, just like that, committing acts of terrorism? Mass shootings, planting explosives, blowing themselves up..etc. Can you imagine how it would be like? Where are all of these Muslim terrorists, infected with Islam?

Islam is supposedly like the zombie virus. You get infected and you become a terrorist. A terrorist zombie. Where are all of the Muslim zombies in America, eating people's brains? Where are they? People who demonize Muslims and Islam, are creating an environment for Muslims in America, where they will fall prey to terrorism. You can check the stats on Non-Muslim terrorism in America. You're creating through your anti-Islam/Muslim demonizing campaign, the atmosphere perfect for unstable people to go out and kill Muslims. A Muslim taxi driver, a Muslim family having a picnic in the park. Not good (as Trump says).

Comment

Realityjerk = JW?
                  "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
                  Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
                  By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

Originally posted by musterion View Post
                    Realityjerk = JW?
                    I was a bible student, similar to the JWs. I lived in Egypt for 2 1/2 years and worked with a few bible student groups, helping them organize a publishing and literature distribution center.

Comment

similar to the JWs.
                      "Similar."

Riiiight.
                      "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
                      Terence Mc Lean

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
                      By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

And Islam demonizes itself without our help.
                        Terence Mc Lean

Comment

And Islam demonizes itself without our help.
                          No, you're just a hateful ignorant person.

Comment

"Similar."

Riiiight.
                            Yes, "similar", as in not exactly.

Comment

No, you're just a hateful ignorant person.
                              No, you're just a hateful ignorant cultist.
                              Terence Mc Lean

Comment

No, you're just a hateful ignorant cultist.
                                An Islam sympathizer.

Comment

Working...
                                X