This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by patman
    Shouldn't a persons Rep be more powerful if that person is using a Mac?
    How would you tell?

Comment

Originally posted by IncapableAdmin
      How would you tell?
      PHP Code:
      $browser=$_SERVER[HTTP_USER_AGENT
      OR Beter Yet
      PHP Code:
      $info get_browser();
      $os $info[platform]; 
      - Changing wineskins, at last.

- iPhone's Coolest Bible/, Touch Bible.

Comment

Ah. Hehe. I use a mac sometimes, sony w/ windows sometimes, would I count? :P

Comment

Ah. Hehe. I use a mac sometimes, sony w/ windows sometimes, would I count? :P
          Being bi is still gay. sorry.

Comment

Here is something fun:

http://www.christian-revolution.net/david_macPusher.php

David's Herd Has a message for you.

The power of PHP on a Mac

Comment

Originally posted by patman
              Being bi is still gay. sorry.
              Hah. Nice analogy. S'not my fault I can't afford a mac, though, I'm a poor student. -sob-

Comment

Hah. Nice analogy. S'not my fault I can't afford a mac, though, I'm a poor student. -sob-
                Born that way, eh?

Comment

Comment

I slightly altered the rep settings today. Read the first post in this thread to see the current settings.
                    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
                    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

As a newbie here, I am trying to figure things out. I'd appreciate knowing if I understand things correctly. I didn't see a help area that just answered lots of question directly, so I've been trying to piece things together.

Rep power: This is how much "weight" my "vote" has. If my rep power is 1000, then when I give a person a positive reputation hit, it adds 1000 to his reputation. If I give a negative reputation hit, it subtracts 1000 from the person's reputation. My rep power goes up for three reason: longevity (one point per day), posting (one point per post), and reputation (one point per 1000 points of reputation). Is all this correct?

Does this mean that if you get some well established guy mad at you, say someone with a gazillion rep points, he could knock you down to a negative reputation despite a hundred other guys saying they like you?

thanks.
                      Last edited by PaulMcNabb; May 11th, 2007, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IncapableAdmin View Post
                        It's not your fault you are a student?

Comment

Originally posted by PaulMcNabb View Post
                          As a newbie here, I am trying to figure things out. I'd appreciate knowing if I understand things correctly. I didn't see a help area that just answered lots of question directly, so I've been trying to piece things together.

Rep power: This is how much "weight" my "vote" has. If my rep power is 1000, then when I give a person a positive reputation hit, it adds 1000 to his reputation. If I give a negative reputation hit, it subtracts 1000 from the person's reputation. My rep power goes up for three reason: longevity (one point per day), posting (one point per post), and reputation (one point per 1000 points of reputation). Is all this correct?

Does this mean that if you get some well established guy mad at you, say someone will a gazillion rep points, he could knock you down to a negative reputation despite a hundred other guys saying they like you?

thanks.
                          Right.
                          Where is the evidence for a global flood?
                          E≈mc2
                          "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
                          -Bob B.

Comment

Originally posted by Delmar View Post
                            It's not your fault you are a student?

It's my fault I'm a student, yes, so I suppose it is my fault I can't afford a mac. Ah, the cost of learning.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulMcNabb View Post
                              My rep power goes up for three reason: longevity (one point per day), posting (one point per post), and reputation (one point per 1000 points of reputation). Is all this correct?
                              It looks like I was a bit off here. You only get 1 point per 100 posts, not 1 point per post.

Not that my opinion matters, but it seems that the number of posts should matter more than it does, especially compared to simply existing as a registered user. A person who registers and waits a year gets 365 points. A person participating in the give-and-take of the board has to post 36,500 posts to get the same effect. You don't want to encourage post flooding just to prop up rep power egos, but 1 point per 5 to 10 posts seems to be a bit more in line.

Comment

Or you could just get a guy ranked in the top 5 to like you...
                                Where is the evidence for a global flood?
                                E≈mc2
                                "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
                                -Bob B.

Comment

Working...
                                X