Is it offensive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I drank what? View Post
    i do enjoy open and honest discussions even if the people who don't see my point of view say things that disturb me
    Even atheist websites ban people

it's just too bad that it's against the holy commandments...

/blasphemous even
    Spoiler
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Comment

Originally posted by Lon View Post
      Even atheist websites ban people

Spoiler
      like i said, if you are killing off all of their clientele, eventually you're going to be noticed...

ironically what got me censored the most was obeying their "rules" and becoming one of them...

humans are awe inspiring

Spoiler

Comment

Yeah, hard to report if they self-edit, even if a mod happened to see it. Remember mods aren't paid. They have an often thankless job.

In fact, if you or others are reading this line, just now, stop and pos rep a Mod today and tell them you appreciate their voluntary work.

It takes a bit of work to keep a forum like this running. Sherman is one of the busiest hardworking mods on TOL. She doesn't always give infractions to offenses against me either. She is much to busy to put out every fire. If she misses something again, send her a PM asking in a respectful manner, but also let a few of them go that aren't as important to you. If this is 'the big one' by all means pursue it. Even if it was erased, a mod can ask them if they said it and ask them to send a PM apology and the like.

If it is not "the big one" perhaps consider letting it go or PMing the person yourself. "Wise-Gentle, thank you for editing your post. I appreciate you stopping yourself from going over the line. -IMJ" Or "WG, I don't appreciate that, even though you erased it. You should know better than that. It was hurtful but at least you had the decency to erase it. I'd like an apology. IMJ"

After response, you can determine if you haven't had it satisfactorily settled, to bring the conflict to the attention of a mod.

I have a few conflicts with opposing world-views over matters of cut-throat debate and dirty politics. For the most part, and a few times with their help, I've worked out most in threads and PM's. I don't like drama. Some have even graciously allowed me to take a step back from the conflict where I might have been overtly sensitive.

Some of this has to do with handling conflict as well as "Bans" and Mod actions so is a bit of a rabbit-trail, but perhaps it serves a bit of the purpose as well.

-Lon
        A) She didn't miss it. And yes, she is very good at what she does.
        B) I would never take upon myself the authority of staff by contacting someone via PM to get them to change their post or apologize. That's harassing, tmpov, and could earn me a wee vacation. I keep my objections and opinions out in the open and I keep it clean. I only report obvious rules violations and leave the decision making up to those Knight has assigned for that purpose.
        I AM the pie lady!!

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, hard to report if they self-edit, even if a mod happened to see it. Remember mods aren't paid. They have an often thankless job.

In fact, if you or others are reading this line, just now, stop and pos rep a Mod today and tell them you appreciate their voluntary work.

It takes a bit of work to keep a forum like this running. Sherman is one of the busiest hardworking mods on TOL. She doesn't always give infractions to offenses against me either. She is much to busy to put out every fire. If she misses something again, send her a PM asking in a respectful manner, but also let a few of them go that aren't as important to you. If this is 'the big one' by all means pursue it. Even if it was erased, a mod can ask them if they said it and ask them to send a PM apology and the like.

If it is not "the big one" perhaps consider letting it go or PMing the person yourself. "Wise-Gentle, thank you for editing your post. I appreciate you stopping yourself from going over the line. -IMJ" Or "WG, I don't appreciate that, even though you erased it. You should know better than that. It was hurtful but at least you had the decency to erase it. I'd like an apology. IMJ"

After response, you can determine if you haven't had it satisfactorily settled, to bring the conflict to the attention of a mod.

I have a few conflicts with opposing world-views over matters of cut-throat debate and dirty politics. For the most part, and a few times with their help, I've worked out most in threads and PM's. I don't like drama. Some have even graciously allowed me to take a step back from the conflict where I might have been overtly sensitive.

Some of this has to do with handling conflict as well as "Bans" and Mod actions so is a bit of a rabbit-trail, but perhaps it serves a bit of the purpose as well.

-Lon
          i'm very thankful, in fact i just thanked one earlier

Originally posted by Delmar
          Dear I drank what?,

You have received an infraction at Theology Online | Christian Forums & More.

Reason: Disrepect towards TOL staff
          -------
          Originally posted by I drank what
          I dare you to ban me
          As you wish!
          -------

This infraction is worth 3 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
          http://theologyonline.com/node/1010554
          Originally posted by Sherman View Post
          TOL Rules
          Careful what you say IDW. Those rules were written by the forum owner. Don't like them, go post someplace else.
          are you threatening me?!

I dare you to ban me

you will only prove my point...

i like when people learn

narrowminded, censoring, snowflakes.
          All the best,
          Theology Online | Christian Forums & More
          i then promptly thanked him for proving my point, however it did raise the question of exactly what I said that was "disrespectful to mods" since I didn't address anyone in particular, further more I don't even bother to read anyone's IDs to see if they even are a mod (or not), because IDW has a nasty habit of treating ALL people equally (at least initially)

but i'm slowly beginning to learn my lesson...

tl;dr

mods get special treatment, understood

so if i accidentally respond to a mod in the future, I do apologize in advance, i will redouble my efforts to refrain

Comment

Spoiler
            LOL God bless Mandy Patinkin!
            I AM the pie lady!!

sigpic

Comment

...i then promptly thanked him for proving my point...

Comment

i'm very thankful, in fact i just thanked one earlier
                I did tell you you look like Val Kilmer, didn't I? Did I mention you act like Doc Holliday?
                I AM the pie lady!!

sigpic

Comment

so if i accidentally respond to a mod in the future, I do apologize in advance, i will redouble my efforts to refrain
                  I was hoping you would figure that out
                  a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

Comment

Originally posted by Delmar View Post
                    Lemmee know before you two square off at the OK Corral. I wanna get my video cam and film it!
                    I AM the pie lady!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IMJerusha View Post
                      I did tell you you look like Val Kilmer, didn't I? Did I mention you act like Doc Holliday?
                      i'm your huckleberry

/can you make that into a pie?

Comment

Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
                        I was hoping you would figure that out
                        slowly but shirley

/no worries lad

Comment

Spoiler
                          Who are you?

Spoiler

Spoiler

? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Comment

slowly but shirley

/no worries lad
                            Spoiler

Spoiler

? Yep

Comment

i'm your huckleberry

/can you make that into a pie?
                              Absolutely! Enjoy!

I AM the pie lady!!

sigpic

Comment

So very slow.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
                                They already know monsters exist.
                                We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

Working...
                                X