Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you manage to have the patience to stay cool with every imaginable viewpoint running the gamut of discussion-to-raging at each other?

Do you have a suitable (Mr. Advanced Cool) replacement lined up for when you kick the bucket?

Comment

Do people here create smileys or emoticons by request?
      L
      Like one where I look real sweet - like a lamb with curly curls - then I grow a long snout and teeth like a gator and skin goes green and scaly?
      A lambigator? Too bad it couldn't make scary noises too so everyone would
      be afraid of me.

Comment

What has been the beached whale syndrom the last week or so? It isn't normal for your site. Did the original Ask Knight really cause that much of a problem?
        Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Comment

Originally posted by Nick M View Post
          What has been the beached whale syndrom the last week or so? It isn't normal for your site. Did the original Ask Knight really cause that much of a problem?
          Nick, what does "beached whale" mean?
          It's like lately I don't understand half of what you are saying?

Comment

I assumed he was referring to the slowness of the site.

Comment

Originally posted by sky. View Post
              Mr. Knight

Have you ever played in a band?

Have you ever played a team sport?

Have you ever owned a bird?
              Hey this is Ask Knight"II"

On 2 questions at a time here, buddy.
              "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom

Upgrade your TOL membership.

Comment

So, why do you believe in God?
                If sound science appears to contradict the Bible, we may be sure that it is our interpretation of the Bible that is at fault." Christian Observer, 1832, pg. 437

Comment

Originally posted by lucaspa View Post
                  So, why do you believe in God?
                  Because the alternative is irrational.
                  Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
                  TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

Originally posted by Knight View Post
                    Because the alternative is irrational.
                    Well, there is more than one alternative, so that itself is a problem with the answer. So which alternative are you referring to?

What the alternative "irrational"?

BTW, that's a pretty negative reason. As such, it is a very weak reason.
                    If sound science appears to contradict the Bible, we may be sure that it is our interpretation of the Bible that is at fault." Christian Observer, 1832, pg. 437

Comment

Well, there is more than one alternative, so that itself is a problem with the answer. So which alternative are you referring to?
                      The purpose of this thread is to get my quick (straight to the point) answer's to various questions. If you want to have a long-drawn out discussion you might want to start a new thread in one of our many forums.

BTW, that's a pretty negative reason. As such, it is a very weak reason.
                      Gee, that's a pretty negative response.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight View Post
                        The purpose of this thread is to get my quick (straight to the point) answer's to various questions. If you want to have a long-drawn out discussion you might want to start a new thread in one of our many forums.
                        Did I get a quick "straight to the point" answer? Not really. So I'm still trying to get to that answer and am doing so by asking new questions. You don't have "straight to the point" answers to those?

Gee, that's a pretty negative response.
                        How so? Is it "negative" to be accurate? "because the alternative is irrational" is not a positive reason for believing in God.

Let me illustrate this by asking another question: Why do you believe Jesus was the Messiah? Because it is "irrational" not to believe that? Do you think that would have been the answer the disciples or Paul would have given? Or did they have positive reasons for believing Jesus was the Messiah? What do you think a positive reason would be in this case?

Comment

How so? Is it "negative" to be accurate? "because the alternative is irrational" is not a positive reason for believing in God.
                          You aren't the brightest light bulb in the pantry are you?

Let me illustrate this by asking another question: Why do you believe Jesus was the Messiah? Because it is "irrational" not to believe that? Do you think that would have been the answer the disciples or Paul would have given? Or did they have positive reasons for believing Jesus was the Messiah? What do you think a positive reason would be in this case?
                          Asking if God exists is a much different question than asking if Jesus is God.

Go get all your ducks in a row and when you are more prepared to have a conversation come back and we can give it another "go".

Comment

Mr. Knight,

How long have you been a Christian?

(this has probably been answered before but I don't know where)

Comment

Knight - are we ever going to go on another "web excursion"? Those are fun.
                              Where is the evidence for a global flood?
                              E≈mc2
                              "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
                              -Bob B.

Comment

Originally posted by some other dude View Post
                                I assumed he was referring to the slowness of the site.
                                Yep. It was a little head tilting for a while there.
                                Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Comment

Working...
                                X