Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By profession I am a land surveyor looking for the mark of truth

God’s Chosen People

I have a personal attachment to the Old Testament and the verses contained therein. This includes the verses where the Lord talked directly to the Israelite people. In this one-way discussion the Lord laid out directives (commandments) for them to follow and the blessing they would get if they followed His suggestions. I took these directives and compared them to historical events and found them wanting. Personally, I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways by embracing the stranger (Palestinian) and treat them as one of their own, just as the Lord instructed them to do. I truly believe this “example” would create a wave of peace across the middle east.

In closing I want the Israeli’s to embrace the Palestinians as one of their own, dismantle the illegal settlements and change the name of their country from “Israel” to “Palestine”.
    I believe God is now judging them for the last time. If they do not ask God for forgiveness and repent for their past deeds; then all will be lost.

I need your help by correcting my misguided view of them.

I should not have started this here or anywhere else.
    This is my problem, not yours
    please forgive me

Comment

Originally posted by jamesdyson View Post
      God’s Chosen People

I have a personal attachment to the Old Testament and the verses contained therein. This includes the verses where the Lord talked directly to the Israelite people. In this one-way discussion the Lord laid out directives (commandments) for them to follow and the blessing they would get if they followed His suggestions. I took these directives and compared them to historical events and found them wanting. Personally, I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways by embracing the stranger (Palestinian) and treat them as one of their own, just as the Lord instructed them to do. I truly believe this “example” would create a wave of peace across the middle east.

In closing I want the Israeli’s to embrace the Palestinians as one of their own, dismantle the illegal settlements and change the name of their country from “Israel” to “Palestine”.
      I believe God is now judging them for the last time. If they do not ask God for forgiveness and repent for their past deeds; then all will be lost.

I need your help by correcting my misguided view of them.
      Don't worry, there are plenty here that will call you an antisemite. They'll likely be along shorty.

Welcome to TOL
      “To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Comment

Originally posted by WizardofOz View Post
        Don't worry, there are plenty here that will call you an antisemite. They'll likely be along shorty.

Welcome to TOL
        Thank you for your reply.
        At least I seem to have one friend in the crowd
        wish you and yours a great day and beyond

Comment

Excuse me if I am being forward in calling you a friend.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
            At least I seem to have one friend in the crowd
            wish you and yours a great day and beyond
            You as well. Hope you stick around. TOL needs some fresh blood
            “To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Excuse me if I am being forward in calling you a friend.
              How dare you. I'll report you.

I'm kidding! Welcome, friend.

― Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

welcome

Comment

Originally posted by WizardofOz View Post
                  How dare you. I'll report you.

I'm kidding! Welcome, friend.
                  I hope you don't mind that I intend on using your quote below on another forum site

― Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by DarkAsylum View Post
                    welcome
                    AS I have said to another friend here,
                    I wish you and yours a great day and beyond

(:-

Comment

I hope you don't mind that I intend on using your quote below on another forum site

― Theodore Roosevelt

Not at all!

The one I had prior was "Theist and atheist: the fight between them is as to whether God shall be called God or shall have some other name." By Samuel Butler

Unfortunately, they don't all fit.

Prior to that was "a fetus is a human, albeit at the earliest stage of development". I made that one up myself

― Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                      X