Meet-ups or chuch groups?

LightPattern

Hello. Obvious newbie question, but I've spent nearly 1/2 hr looking for an answer, so figure I'll just ask now. (run-on sentence) :)

My Bible study group has been adjourned for the summer and I really miss the face-to-face.

Are there places on TOL devoted to meet-ups, church group ads, or even Skype groups perhaps?

I re-read through the TOL Commandments and it said not to redirect people to different forums.. but I think that's obviously not my intent. I like reading TOL but I'd like voice or facetime too.

Thanks for any help.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I use both to access TOL. Currently on a laptop.

Tapatalk mobile app: tap on your post that you want to edit, and then tap on the screwdriver/wrench icon at the top right of your screen, and then tap on "Edit."

Desktop site: click on the "Edit Post" button at the bottom of your post comment.

Mobile browser site: not sure, as I hardly use it due to lack of features.

Here's a couple of other helpful links:
http://theologyonline.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&editorid=vB_Editor_QR
http://theologyonline.com/misc.php?do=bbcode

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Hello. Obvious newbie question, but I've spent nearly 1/2 hr looking for an answer, so figure I'll just ask now. (run-on sentence) :)

My Bible study group has been adjourned for the summer and I really miss the face-to-face.

Nothing like fellowship with other believers.

Are there places on TOL devoted to meet-ups, church group ads, or even Skype groups perhaps?

As far as I know, no, at least, not on TOL.

I re-read through the TOL Commandments and it said not to redirect people to different forums.. but I think that's obviously not my intent. I like reading TOL but I'd like voice or facetime too.

Thanks for any help.

If it's the Bible studies you're looking for, I highly recommend subscribing to [MENTION=510]Bob Enyart[/MENTION] 's Monthly Bible Studies to delve deeper into God's Word.

Tagging [MENTION=595]Knight[/MENTION] [MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION] for input.

Perhaps we could start something like an online group?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You need to talk with Knight about this. I don't use skype or any type of internet voice software. I do have a home church that I am quite happy with.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Go to Catholic mass at an area Catholic Church parish, there will be plenty of Christians there who believe in Christ for you to fellowship with, face-to-face.

LightPattern

Nothing like fellowship with other believers.

As far as I know, no, at least, not on TOL.

If it's the Bible studies you're looking for, I highly recommend subscribing to [MENTION=510]Bob Enyart[/MENTION] 's Monthly Bible Studies to delve deeper into God's Word.

Tagging [MENTION=595]Knight[/MENTION] [MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION] for input.

Perhaps we could start something like an online group?

TOL is intellectually satisfying & informative, but yes lacks the feeling of fellowship & personal connection that I'm longing for.

I'm thinking voice communication might be preferable to more people on here vs video. Can be more casual.
I've wanted this on other discussion/debate forums as well. So often people seem to argue past each other rather than ever getting on the same page. Even if they still end up disagreeing; you can tell more by someone's voice if they're making honest arguments, or being sarcastic, etc.

Just did another Google search for anything out there like this and all that comes back are gaming chat rooms, and one ad for a dating website. *sigh*

A Christ-centered voice chat could be AMAZING.

LightPattern

Go to Catholic mass at an area Catholic Church parish, there will be plenty of Christians there who believe in Christ for you to fellowship with, face-to-face.

I appreciate the suggestion but I AM a member of a church.
I'm really looking for a focused discussion group. I do participate in small groups my church sponsors, besides the young adult Bible study..Lent study for example. It's a medium sized church, but for summer they seem to have nothing in this category.