Made up doctrines or 1 verse doctrines

preacherman57

I am sure that most, if not all, have heard the "doctrine, Absent from the body, present with the Lord." Which, according to the "Evangelicals" means that when a believer dies, their spirit is immediately goes to be with Christ. As many times as I have heard this from every preacher or ministry on the radio, it must surely be a biblical doctrine. While the teaching is a comforting thought, I must spoil the party. Guess what? You cannot find this "verse" anywhere in the entire bible. This is not taught in Scripture, anywhere. You may ask, Then why do most of the preachers teach this? Because most of the "preachers" do not study scripture, are to lazy to study scripture, do not know how to study scripture and do not want to teach scripture. While they may read out of some English translation of scripture, this does not mean they are teaching any truth. The reality is that they are modern day Pharisees and Scribes. The ones in the days of Jesus had so screwed up what scripture taught that the average person walked around believing a bunch of lies, just as today.
2Pet 3:18
As also in all his (Paul) epistles (letters)
in them of these things, in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned (Today's Preachers) and. unstable (No solid foundation of scripture knowledge to teach from) wrest (Twist, pervert), as they do also the other scriptures ( the entire bible) unto their own destruction.
This man-made tradition "absent from the body, present with the Lord" comes from a twisting of
2Cor 5:8
We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
Paul said that all believers would prefer to leave our life in this earth to be with the Lord.
Try as you may, you will not find a verse that reads, "Absent from the body, present with the Lord."
This clearly shows that any preacher who uses that statement has not studied this for himself and is merely repeating what the others say and is also guilty of teaching a lie. I guarantee you this is not the only lie they are teaching. What do you call someone who claims to truthfully teach scripture, but teaches lies. A false teacher.
The next time your preacher uses the statement, ask him to show you in the bible where the verse is. When he cannot, ask him if he has studied this for himself, and then ask him why is he teaching something that is not in the bible..
The purpose of a preacher is to study hard and present what he has learned to others, showing through word definition" the actual verses, the historical, political, theological and cultural context.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am sure that most, if not all, have heard the "doctrine, Absent from the body, present with the Lord." Which, according to the "Evangelicals" means that when a believer dies, their spirit is immediately goes to be with Christ. As many times as I have heard this from every preacher or ministry on the radio, it must surely be a biblical doctrine. While the teaching is a comforting thought, I must spoil the party. Guess what? You cannot find this "verse" anywhere in the entire bible. This is not taught in Scripture, anywhere. You may ask, Then why do most of the preachers teach this? Because most of the "preachers" do not study scripture, are to lazy to study scripture, do not know how to study scripture and do not want to teach scripture. While they may read out of some English translation of scripture, this does not mean they are teaching any truth. The reality is that they are modern day Pharisees and Scribes. The ones in the days of Jesus had so screwed up what scripture taught that the average person walked around believing a bunch of lies, just as today.
in them of these things, in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned (Today's Preachers) and. unstable (No solid foundation of scripture knowledge to teach from) wrest (Twist, pervert), as they do also the other scriptures ( the entire bible) unto their own destruction.
This man-made tradition "absent from the body, present with the Lord" comes from a twisting of
We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
Paul said that all believers would prefer to leave our life in this earth to be with the Lord.
Try as you may, you will not find a verse that reads, "Absent from the body, present with the Lord."
This clearly shows that any preacher who uses that statement has not studied this for himself and is merely repeating what the others say and is also guilty of teaching a lie. I guarantee you this is not the only lie they are teaching. What do you call someone who claims to truthfully teach scripture, but teaches lies. A false teacher.
The next time your preacher uses the statement, ask him to show you in the bible where the verse is. When he cannot, ask him if he has studied this for himself, and then ask him why is he teaching something that is not in the bible..
The purpose of a preacher is to study hard and present what he has learned to others, showing through word definition" the actual verses, the historical, political, theological and cultural context.

You are in the wrong forum this should be in religion.

Truster

I recognise your enthusiasm and love of the truth.

preacherman57

I recognise your enthusiasm and love of the truth.
It is all about bible truth, is it not? The things of this world, politics, sports, fashion, media, culture, news, cars, houses, money, food, celebrities, music, movies, talk shows, etc., mean nothing to me. For me, learning, teaching and living by the pure word of God is the single most important thing. I care not what the pagans do or don't do, what they say or how society and culture wax more and more perverse.
2Thes 2:10
We all are familiar with this verse, but there is a part of the verse that is ignored and never addressed. It is only said one time in all of the N.T. and is very crucial to understand.

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish because THEY RECIEVED NOT THE LOVE OF THE TRUTH, that they might(shall) be saved.
The word "received" (dechomai) is in the passive voice. Which means that they WERE NOT GIVEN LOVE OF THE TRUTH, from God. Just as God gives each believer a measure of faith, He also gives them a love of the truth. It is one thing to be given(told) truth, it is entirely different to have a love of the truth. Nobody develops a love of God's truth of their own will, mind, intellect, desire or choice. You can give a person a gallon of strawberry ice cream. But, you cannot give somebody a "love of strawberry ice cream." And just because you gave them the ice cream, doesn't automatically create a "love of strawberry ice cream" in that person.
A believer will only be satisfied with the truth. And a believer knows the truth when it is spoken, by the working of the Holy Spirit. And only believers will hear, know and understand the truth.

Jn 18:37...and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Jn 10:27 My sheep (all believers) hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

Jn 10:4-5
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him; for they know not the voice of a stranger.

Jn 8:43-44
Why do ye not understand my speech? Even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father, the devil...

Mat 13:11
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given

Mk 4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without (all of the goats) all these things are done in parables.

Jn 10:6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things ( biblical truth) they were which he spoke unto them

Mat 13:14
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing, ye shall see, and shall not perceive.

I am on a sheep hunt. I dont post things and then spend much time defending whst i post. My purpose is that perhaps God will use what i post to bring a sheep to life, upon being awoken to the truth.

By the way, do you understand that the "thief' in Jn 10:10 is not Satan, but refers to false teachers?

Truster

It is all about bible truth, is it not? The things of this world, politics, sports, fashion, media, culture, news, cars, houses, money, food, celebrities, music, movies, talk shows, etc., mean nothing to me. For me, learning, teaching and living by the pure word of God is the single most important thing. I care not what the pagans do or don't do, what they say or how society and culture wax more and more perverse.
2Thes 2:10
We all are familiar with this verse, but there is a part of the verse that is ignored and never addressed. It is only said one time in all of the N.T. and is very crucial to understand.

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish because THEY RECIEVED NOT THE LOVE OF THE TRUTH, that they might(shall) be saved.
The word "received" (dechomai) is in the passive voice. Which means that they WERE NOT GIVEN LOVE OF THE TRUTH, from God. Just as God gives each believer a measure of faith, He also gives them a love of the truth. It is one thing to be given(told) truth, it is entirely different to have a love of the truth. Nobody develops a love of God's truth of their own will, mind, intellect, desire or choice. You can give a person a gallon of strawberry ice cream. But, you cannot give somebody a "love of strawberry ice cream." And just because you gave them the ice cream, doesn't automatically create a "love of strawberry ice cream" in that person.
A believer will only be satisfied with the truth. And a believer knows the truth when it is spoken, by the working of the Holy Spirit. And only believers will hear, know and understand the truth.

Jn 18:37...and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Jn 10:27 My sheep (all believers) hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

Jn 10:4-5
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him; for they know not the voice of a stranger.

Jn 8:43-44
Why do ye not understand my speech? Even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father, the devil...

Mat 13:11
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given

Mk 4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without (all of the goats) all these things are done in parables.

Jn 10:6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things ( biblical truth) they were which he spoke unto them

Mat 13:14
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing, ye shall see, and shall not perceive.

I am on a sheep hunt. I dont post things and then spend much time defending whst i post. My purpose is that perhaps God will use what i post to bring a sheep to life, upon being awoken to the truth.

By the way, do you understand that the "thief' in Jn 10:10 is not Satan, but refers to false teachers?

I am well aware of the doctrine behind my comment, although I am beginning to doubt the wisdom of the comment, in view of Ecclesiastes 10:14-16

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank

From what "actual verses" do you imagine you have gotten your doctrine that for a believer to be absent from the body is for that believer to NOT be present with the Lord?

Where did Paul say "All believers would prefer to leave our life in this earth to be with the Lord"?? I can't find that verse anywhere.

Try as you may, you will not find a verse that reads,

"All believers would prefer to leave our life in this earth to be with the Lord"

You're correct! I found no such a verse in the Bible.

While the teaching is a comforting thought, I must spoil the party.

Something you consider to be false is comforting to you??

they that are unlearned (Today's Preachers)

Even had you not frankly admitted it, here, it's no difficult thing for us to see (simply from reading your post) that you, preacherman57, are indeed, unlearned. Thanks, though, for your honesty on that point!

So what, though?