Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello, i am posting because I want to say hello to all, and wish everyone Gods grace. Also, I created an account the other day and was banned less than 24 hours later because the system thought I was a bot!!! Would love for someone to tell me why. Thank you and enjoy reading here...

Was your original post bot-like?
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

Originally posted by TerryD View Post
      Hello, i am posting because I want to say hello to all, and wish everyone Gods grace. Also, I created an account the other day and was banned less than 24 hours later because the system thought I was a bot!!! Would love for someone to tell me why. Thank you and enjoy reading here...
      With the rise of AI it's hard to know for sure who might be a bot? I was thinking about this just yesterday; now that Sophia ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKrV2CVDXjo ) has been given Saudi citizenship, would the ultimate Turin test be when an AI says they believe Jesus is the Son of God and that He died for their sins. This beg two questions, can AI robots sin? (I think they can) and will they go to heaven? (I'm not 100% sure they won't).

Welcome to TOL

Comment

Originally posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
        With the rise of AI it's hard to know for sure who might be a bot? I was thinking about this just yesterday; now that Sophia ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKrV2CVDXjo ) has been given Saudi citizenship, would the ultimate Turin test be when an AI says they believe Jesus is the Son of God and that He died for their sins. This beg two questions, can AI robots sin? (I think they can) and will they go to heaven? (I'm not 100% sure they won't).

Welcome to TOL
        That begs another question... Can an AI "believe"? If so, does it have a soul? That's two questions, but after all, I am human and fallible...

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Comment

Can an AI "believe"? If so, does it have a soul?
          No and no.

Machines, including Von Neumann architecture machines (processing, storage, I/O), no matter how elaborately programmed, are not in genuine possession of the breath of life from God (living souls).

By the way, welcome to TOL.

AMR
          Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.

Do you confess?
          Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
          AMR's Randomata Blog
          Learn Reformed Doctrine
          I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
          Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
          Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
          The best TOL Social Group: here.
          If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
          Why?

Comment

The post was probably bot-like. They are creating bots that make so many posts then just leave. Bots don't behave quite like humans.

BTW welcome to TOL.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
              No and no.

Machines, including Von Neumann architecture machines (processing, storage, I/O), no matter how elaborately programmed, are not in genuine possession of the breath of life from God (living souls).

By the way, welcome to TOL.

AMR
              We have been running into some cleverly programmed internet bots, but usually they eventually give themselves away.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sherman View Post

The post was probably bot-like. They are creating bots that make so many posts then just leave. Bots don't behave quite like humans.

BTW welcome to TOL.
                Thing is, I had not posted a thing, just signed up. I don't post much at all, but read alot. Too many great posts by great minds that know far more than I do. Keep up the good work!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sherman View Post
                  We have been running into some cleverly programmed internet bots, but usually they eventually give themselves away.
                  Heh. Some are continually striving to create the machine that will pass the Turing Test.

http://bladerunner.wikia.com/wiki/Voight-Kampff_machine

AMR
                  Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.

Do you confess?
                  Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
                  AMR's Randomata Blog
                  Learn Reformed Doctrine
                  I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
                  Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
                  Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
                  The best TOL Social Group: here.
                  If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
                  Why?

Comment

That begs another question... Can an AI "believe"? If so, does it have a soul? That's two questions, but after all, I am human and fallible...

Yep, no soul, no spirit and no body. Just a very clever toy.

Comment

Who's Al?
                      Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

It is true that Trump does not fit modern Republican principles, but that is because modern Republican principles have strayed far from conservatism. genuineoriginal

Comment

Originally posted by George Affleck View Post
                        Who's Al?
                        Who's on first?
                        Saint John W

Comment

Hello, i am posting because I want to say hello to all,
                          Hi TerryD
                          2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

Comment

Hi, TerryD. Benny here, also

Comment

Arghhh. I meant to say newby here, also.

Comment

Working...
                              X