Not much to say...

meshak

BANNED
Banned
3257289549_e415415323_o.png

Now that one would be funny.

Ain't my first rodeo.:deadhorse:

(But my favorite smiley seems to be missing. :()

Hi, welcome.

Zen is a type of Buddhism. is that something to do with your faith?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I must say it rather blows my mind that there are some who are nasty in the name of the Lord and cannot see this as a problem.

That said, I am sure that any decent dialog I start will wind its inevitable way down into an accusation that I am Satan. I think the most interesting reply I've ever heard was in "real life" conversation when in all seriousness the fellow looked me in the eye and said, "That's dangerous to God. You should be killed."

Uncivil dialog no longer gets me angry, though. Rather, it saddens me. I've matured (I hope) to a level of mercy that realizes those who do these things are really messed up and my anger would only make things worse. Those are my enemies to whom I am to do good.

Zenn

With your attitude you will survive well here.

Just remember, you get to be called many names if you don't agree with some doctrines.

blessings.

Zenn

Hi, welcome.

Zen is a type of Buddhism. is that something to do with your faith?
Ahh... But I have two n's, though. :)

ZENN
Also found in: Wikipedia.
Acronym Definition
ZENN - Zero Emission No Noise (automobile)

(My theology doesn't stink and I don't make a fuss.)

That said, I was surprised when I found out that some of my faith has practices similar to Zen, but no. I am not Buddhist. Core Buddhism denies the existence of the consciousness, or rather, considers it a curse and an illusion that brings about all suffering and pain.

Buddha wishes to destroy your consciousness. Y'shua came to cleanse it.

Zenn

PS: I do appreciate your commitment to non-violence.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Ahh... But I have two n's, though. :)

ZENN
Also found in: Wikipedia.
Acronym Definition
ZENN - Zero Emission No Noise (automobile)

(My theology doesn't stink and I don't make a fuss.)

That said, I was surprised when I found out that some of my faith has practices similar to Zen, but no. I am not Buddhist. Core Buddhism denies the existence of the consciousness, or rather, considers it a curse and an illusion that brings about all suffering and pain.

Buddha wishes to destroy your consciousness. Y'shua came to cleanse it.

Zenn

PS: I do appreciate your commitment to non-violence.

Ok, you know about zen more than me.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
Not to mention the original monographs of the New Testament.
But it would be easy to reproduce them completely to exact content. Wilbur Pickering has determined some interesting about f35 and Von Soden.

But Pickering has avoided Erasmus 1522. I have a modernized 1522 Erasmus text which is very different from copies or knock-off which came later. Erasmus has a different version of 1 John 5:7 then what ended up in Stephanus, but is common to ancient manuscripts.

Zenn

Where is it?

AMR
I noticed you posted a visitor message to me (thank you), but it would seem I am prohibited from replying.

So... as far as current participation in a normal thread, any post I make goes into limbo until "approved" by the forum gods, which, when so deemed worthy to be seen, pops into the thread at the time I made the post, after pages of new posts had been added.

I find it a bit difficult to participate in a conversation where what I say won't be seen for two days or so... two days or so previously.

Zenn

PS: But I appreciate the suggestions. When the taint of "Newbie" passes, I might then be able to say something that won't get postdated.

PPS: Please feel free to dip into the beggars' coffers and buy me a subscription. :)

Zenn

But it would be easy to reproduce them completely to exact content.
I think that comment would rather surprise Dr. Metzger.

Wilbur Pickering ...
For some time, Wilbur N. Pickering has felt that among the many hundreds of Greek manuscripts known to exist today, surely God would have preserved the original wording.

I tend not to put faith in personal surmises. (Surely God hated those other Greeks who had the "bad" manuscripts.)

... Von Soden.
Hermann or Wolfram :) (Yes... Hermann of course.) Being new here, though, am I to surmise that you are a devotee of the Majority Text then?

I have a modernized 1522 Erasmus text ...
Modernized? By whom? Is this like the Ebonics version? Now that would be really modern.

Erasmus has a different version of 1 John 5:7 then (sic) what ended up in Stephanus, but is common to ancient manuscripts.
I'm sure you realize that the Erasmus Greek was published as an appendix to his Latin text to prove that his Latin should supplant the Vulgate as the authoritative Bible. And that lacking any complete copy of Revelation, patched it up with his own Greek text.

Zenn

PS: I am somewhat pleasantly surprised that there is such a "presence" of Greek aficionados here.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
PS: I am somewhat pleasantly surprised that there is such a "presence" of Greek aficionados here.
I might be one of one or one of two.

The modernized Erasmus 1522 is made by Gateway International Publishing. It is 50 dollars though.

Zenn

Believers are to judge all things. Some people really hate that.
It would seem, though that you think people are things. But then again, perhaps I misconstrue.

But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. (1Co 4:3 KJV)

Zenn

PS: Where within you comes this need to justify the "nasty"?

Zenn

As common query, I thought the rules showed that members can edit their posts, but I can't seem to be able to do that.

Is there some "Edit" button I'm missing somewhere?

Thanks,
Zenn

Zenn

I might be one of one or one of two.

The modernized Erasmus 1522 is made by Gateway International Publishing. It is 50 dollars though.
Well I've already given the link to the Interlinear I found at the age of 14, way before any introduction to the inscrutable machinations of the academics.

Alas at one time I had an entire seminary library at my beck and call. (Moravian for those who are curious.)

Zenn

PS: Glad to meet you SabathMoon

Zenn

For those of you who have visited my "View Profile" page, I must say I am flattered.

However, I am also prohibited from changing any settings in order to actually make a profile page.

(I feel as if I have somehow let y'all down.)
2261062210_479215df76_o.gif

So come back later if you wish when my sojourn in forum purgatory ends and I am released into the general public.

Zenn

glorydaz

It would seem, though that you think people are things. But then again, perhaps I misconstrue.

But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. (1Co 4:3 KJV)

Zenn

I don't think....I KNOW. It's what Paul is talking about when he tells us to judge all things. We are judging men. The words a man speaks concerning his beliefs are how we judge who is spiritual and who is carnal...or of the world. We are to recognize and expose the false prophets and teachers among us.

1 Cor. 2:13-16 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.​

PS: Where within you comes this need to justify the "nasty"?

It wasn't my word, it was YOURS. :rolleyes:

Why assume it is a "need within" me? Such presumption to think I am justifying anything. :nono:

In fact, I'm pointing out that what YOU might consider "nasty" does not mean it is "nasty"....whatever you meant by that word. For Jesus to call the Pharisees "whited sepulchres filled with dead men's bones" might be considered "nasty" to some.