Theology Club: Matthew 4:17 Proves the Future is Open

Don't move on if you have input to share about the subject.

If the post is too long for you all at once, just read it in parts at a time and respond in parts at a time.
You don't have to consume the whole thing all at once.

You have made some good points here at TOL.
While I may not always agree with your conclusion, you are one that I do not skip over reading.
So, be sure to add some input when you can.

As I quoted before, Jesus is the alpha and omega, beginning and ending. I read the below scriptures that Jesus was with the Father at the time of our beginning, and will be there again at the time of the end. So God is Sovereign, knowing the ending as well as the beginning.

Beginning

<DIR>John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [NASB]
</DIR>
Ending

Revelation 1:8
- "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." [NASB]
Revelation 21:6 - Then He said to me, "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. [NASB]

Revelation 22:13 - "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end." [NASB]
Open theology denies the sovereignty of God, no matter how they try to spin it. We do not know who God will bless with His Grace, so we live as if the future is open, or left to chance. God's grace is what lifts us out of our totally depraved condition, the condition of all humanity without Jesus. God's grace is irresistible; He is Sovereign.

Anapto

You are correct. Since I had my first seizure three plus years ago, the meds I take have definitely reduced my attention span. I usually skip posts like yours that are too long for me to follow. If you can't make a point in one or two paragraphs, why should I try to make sense of it? With that said, I'll just move on and leave you with your audience.

I've never had a seizure but know about them and the meds but I really had to teach myself to slow down and not burn through a longer post like that too especially when I hit a point of disagreement. And I'm guilty of passing them up too in the past depending on who posted them. You're right about that.

I should have replied to you much nicer than I felt I did and I apologize for my reaction.

Ask Mr. Religion, you're long post's are ones I don't mind reading. :)

Sissy and I go a ways back and boy did we have some (great) long bible studies with a few other well learned in the scripture folks.

This was my first attempt at the subject of a 'fixed end point' so if nothing else, I learned something. :D

Anapto

As I quoted before, Jesus is the alpha and omega, beginning and ending. I read the below scriptures that Jesus was with the Father at the time of our beginning, and will be there again at the time of the end. So God is Sovereign, knowing the ending as well as the beginning.

Beginning

<DIR>John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [NASB]
</DIR>
Ending

Revelation 1:8
- "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." [NASB]
Revelation 21:6 - Then He said to me, "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. [NASB]

Revelation 22:13 - "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end." [NASB]
Open theology denies the sovereignty of God, no matter how they try to spin it. We do not know who God will bless with His Grace, so we live as if the future is open, or left to chance. God's grace is what lifts us out of our totally depraved condition, the condition of all humanity without Jesus. God's grace is irresistible; He is Sovereign.

He is the beginning of what? Be precise.
The end of what? Be precise

Because if all these you quoted are not qualified correctly, their proper meaning is lost.

Third question, What is the plan of God?

Don't move on if you have input to share about the subject.

If the post is too long for you all at once, just read it in parts at a time and respond in parts at a time.
You don't have to consume the whole thing all at once.

You have made some good points here at TOL.
While I may not always agree with your conclusion, you are one that I do not skip over reading.
So, be sure to add some input when you can.

I'm just moving past Anapto's long post, not Anapto as a person or even the argument. I have other issues occupying my mind these days.

journey

God knows when the Rapture of the Church which is the Body of Christ will take place.

God knows when the 7 Year Tribulation Period will start.

God knows that the Tribulation Period will end with the Second Coming of Christ.

God knows that Jesus Christ will then set up an earthly Kingdom and rule over the earth from the Throne of David in Jerusalem.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
If you believe in a literal kingdom of 1,000 years which will culminate the gospel age then both statements the Lord made about it being at hand make perfect sense and do not support the open view.

The Lord never expected that the kingdom would become a manifest reality in His day.