Announcement

Collapse

Theology Club Rules

For years many TOL members have asked for a special set of forums where theology could be discussed without the distraction of troublemakers and other distractions. To post in the Theology Club forums you must apply for membership (yes even TOL subscribers must apply). Almost all memberships will be approved however your membership will be revoked if you engage in anti-Christian rhetoric, repeated cases of red-herrings, quibbling over terms (equivocation), strawmen, false allegations, and other devices contrary to honest debate. In short the Theology Club is a place for honest and friendly discussion regarding theological topics.
See more
See less

For Lighthouse: When did God become Omniscient

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dialogos View Post
    When did 1 John 3:20 become true? When did God begin to "know all things?"

Lighthouse, who has closed the thread he started to discuss this issue after only 8 posts (hmmm, I wonder why....), has said that he thinks that 1 John 3:20 isn't true prior to Genesis 18. He thinks that the narrative passage where God comes down to judge Sodom and Gomorrah disproves that God can knew all things during that timeframe. You can see the whole discussion here.

My questions are fourfold.

1. Is this a common belief of the Open Theists on this board?
    No.

2. If it is, then when did God become omniscient? When does 1 John 3:20 become true of God?
    3. Does scripture record the event where God became omniscient? If so, were in scripture do we find this?
    4. Isn't this really more in line with process theology than it is open theism?
    Quite possibly.
    I don't care how systematic your theology is, until you show me how biblical it is.

2 Tim 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

Comment

Working...
    X