Announcement

Collapse

Theology Club Rules

For years many TOL members have asked for a special set of forums where theology could be discussed without the distraction of troublemakers and other distractions. To post in the Theology Club forums you must apply for membership (yes even TOL subscribers must apply). Almost all memberships will be approved however your membership will be revoked if you engage in anti-Christian rhetoric, repeated cases of red-herrings, quibbling over terms (equivocation), strawmen, false allegations, and other devices contrary to honest debate. In short the Theology Club is a place for honest and friendly discussion regarding theological topics.
See more
See less

can ya help a brother out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Here are the words of Paul addressed to the church at Corinth and ALL THAT IN EVERY PLACE CALL ON THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST (1 Cor.1:2):
    "For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).

I don't see how any believer is excluded from being in the Body of Christ, do you?
    None that obeyed the Gospel....none that believe the Gospel of Salvation.

Believing Jesus is the Son of God isn't the same as believing he raised from the dead, do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by glorydaz View Post

Believing Jesus is the Son of God isn't the same as believing he raised from the dead, do you think?
      I'm going with you on this one.
      Scripture says if you don't believe Jesus rose from the dead then your faith is in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:14 KJV
      (14) And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
      They already know monsters exist.
      We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar View Post

Question #1.
        Can a Jew be saved today in this dispensation that believes all James and Peter taught, but doesn't believe all Paul taught? Could they be in the boc by believing James and Peter but not Paul?
        I say no, I don't think so, because the gospel of salvation is not found in Peter or James. Post resurrection, I think Jews can only be saved through Paul's gospel. While Jesus was on earth, Jews or anyone could be saved by believing He is the Son of God and repentance/baptism.

Comment

Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
          I say no, I don't think so, because the gospel of salvation is not found in Peter or James. Post resurrection, I think Jews can only be saved through Paul's gospel. While Jesus was on earth, Jews or anyone could be saved by believing He is the Son of God and repentance/baptism.
          I have to ask if you think Peter believed Paul's gospel after Paul started preaching it? It's difficult for me to imagine Peter wouldn't believe and preach the same as Paul once he knew it was what God wanted to be preached to both Jews and Gentiles and was the only gospel that could save him at that time.

By the way, haven't talked to you in some time. What gun did you decide to buy?

Comment

Of course they are not the same thing. But you did not address my point that this is what Paul told all those that in every place who call on the name of Jesus Christ:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit"
            (1 Cor.12:13).

From this can we not understand that when Paul wrote those words all of the saved were baptized into the Body of Christ? And would that not include the Jews who received Peter's epistles:

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot" (1 Pet.1:18-19).

Comment

Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
              I say no, I don't think so, because the gospel of salvation is not found in Peter or James.
              Was not the "gospel" of which Peter speaks of in the following passage the same gospel which declares thatbelievers are redeemed by the blood of the Lord Jesus?:
              "Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; 19. But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot...Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God...And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you" (1 Pet.1:18-19,23-25).

Are not Peter's words "this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you" referring to the gospel that these believers were redeemed by the blood of the Lamb?

Comment

Originally posted by Tambora View Post
                Scripture says if you don't believe Jesus rose from the dead then your faith is in vain.

(14) And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
                Hold my hand and walk me through this ladies. You gals made me think of another question to ask respecting when the boc started. The verse of having to believe Jesus rose from the dead or your faith was in vain sorta makes it impossible for those before Jesus' resurrection to be able to make that determination. They could be believers in the foretold prophesies that it would happen to their Messiah, but I'm sure even the Pharisees believed the prophesies. It was the living flesh man Jesus that they had to make a determination of he was the real deal or not. That determination could not be made until after Jesus resurrected.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                  Why don't you answer my question
                  Sir, the parts of what you have said that I understand suggest that you do not believe the premise I set forth in the op. I'm looking for answers from those that do hold that premise as to how they explain it adds up with the questions asked.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar View Post
                    Now that's a good way to ask it. If you have some saved but not in the boc, then what was the purpose of creating the boc? I've heard tales of the boc being created to make Jews jealous. I have difficulty finding any jealous Jews.
                    Well, if there will be some one earth and some in heaven....looks like there might be a difference.

John 14:1-3
                    Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Comment

But only if you have your setting set to default.
                      If you have your setting set to more than 15 posts per page, you may not be able to see any of it,

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
                      We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

Mod have been alerted and will do what they can to fix the thread if possible.

Comment

Patrick Jane had made a post with strange formatting and links that had somehow gotten corrupted. I removed the post and the post quoting it. The thread how works.
                          sigpic

Comment

Son of a gun Patrick you did break it. You should slap yourself for that. Have a brewski first so you don't feel the pain. We're rolling again.

Comment

If Paul had met a Jew that believed Peter's gospel but hadn't heard Paul's gospel, would Paul try to convert him to his gospel by saying you don't have the correct gospel for this dispensation, or would he say you know enough so don't fret it? Does it have anything to do with Paul saying he would not build on another's foundation? This all makes me scratch my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Tambora View Post

But weren't some people saved before DBR?

Comment

Working...
                                X