Theology Club: both in one Body by the cross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoh

He made of twain one new man

...at the cross

Tottten, I pray you are well.

To begin this one of twain at Acts 2 is off-base.

One ends up with half a man until Acts 10 SUPPOSEDLY.

For Acts 10 is also not where this one of twain began.

Thing is, and this is a point that many within all camps, including Mid-Acts, often overlook - that there are principles that apply both as to Israel as well as to the Body, but that apply, differently as to each.

Fail to keep this "same principle, different in application" rule of thumb ever in mind, and we end up seeing things that are not actually the same as being the same.

Other times its' equally treacherous waters is that of things that only appear to differ; that actually are the same.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Sometime ago, while visiting a Grace assembly, when I mentioned where I was from, I was right away warned to stay away from so and so (another Grace Pastor).

What I heard that day about this other Pastor was what I knew to be lies.

All because some insist others must subscribe to their view or find themselves ostracized by their supposed own.

Obviously, I've had my share of "the key to peace" that preaching Christ as Paul did is supposed to enable.

I've learned something from all those poor showings of Grace...

Given the great amount of differing information I am sure you and I each look at those things from, we will differ on your above and other things.

And I am fine with that. You are where you are; I, where I am.

I, for one, cannot subscribe to another holding a view I hold to just because I hold to said view.

I can bring it up; point it out; attempt to explore it, or what have you; but at the end of the day, I remain resolved that each embrace what they embrace only because they have been fully persuaded in their own mind about it.

Personally, I find I learn more from the opposition from this perspective than being insistent might allow.

I am fine with that.

The best to you in this, sis.
I see you making a lot of excuses as to why you won't believe the truth. You blame a lot on this grace assembly's attitude or that one. It reminds me of the excuse a so called atheist uses to deny the Lord. Stop airing dirty laundry with your slanderous reports and get on with making all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I see you making a lot of excuses as to why you won't believe the truth. You blame a lot on this grace assembly's attitude or that one. It reminds me of the excuse a so called atheist uses to deny the Lord. Stop airing dirty laundry with your slanderous reports and get on with making all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery.

Amen!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It's interesting that this verse is in there,

to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery (Ephesians 3:9 KJV)

It seems that this doctrine is one that is passed on through teaching rather than just solo study. I was taught it, and I saw it. Sister heir was taught it, and she saw it.

It has been a huge eye opener for both of us, and I think that is why we talk about it every chance we get!

I love the preaching of Heir. She preaches Paul's Gospel to the hilt.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
It doesn't say that.

For He is our peace who hath made both one [Jews and Gentiles] and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us

Having abolished in His flesh [at the cross] he enmity, even the of commandments contained in ordinances for to make in Himself of twain one new man. So making peace

And that H might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross having slain the enmity thereby.

Danoh

The gospel is, indeed, the most important thing.

But, I would say that among MAD believers, maybe 3% agree with heir, Nick, and me about who the two groups were.

Yep. And that is your perogative until you see otherwise.

And seeing otherwise boils down to one's approach to studying a thing out.

It is obvious to me that you and yours study these things out differently than how I do, for example.

heir speaks her mind only to turn around and easily take offence when others do.

Some of you support this one sided directness nonsense on her part.

Fact is your approach is much like how the 28ers study a thing out.

THIS is why you hold to their being two groups within Paul's ministery.

But instead of remaining open to exploring the soundness of a thing, you ignore doing so, while she, on her part of this, gets irate as her reaction.

In this, you and yours behave towards anyone who does not hold this view of yours much like the cults that GM is always turning around and pointing his own guilty finger at.

So you and yours just go right ahead and get all irate in your duplicity.

Irate is what you guys live for - it is the only time this supposed Mid-Acts forum comes to life - because you have no respect for the rights of others to voice their difference in understanding.

Not one of you supported that video I posted about that young girl who had come to terms with the Mystery.

A child - you couldn't set aside your hypocrisy just for a moment that you might support a child in her new found freedom.

You are hypocrites through and through.

This exact history is in every thread on this forum for any one who is a bit honest to see the fact of.

Drop dead! The movement is better off without your kind.

glorydaz

You are hypocrites through and through.

This exact history is in every thread on this forum for any one who is a bit honest to see the fact of.

Drop dead! The movement is better off without your kind.

Danoh, I'm not sure that your condescending attitude is any better than Heir's curt one. Why do you take this so personally? This "you and yours" and "your kind" is just plain silly. When STP makes a comment about there only being 3percent of the people that see what they see, why let it bother you when you're comfortable with what you see....different though it may be.

I see this like looking at a line....linear, or looking at a box with height, depth and width. It depends on which angle you're looking at it from.

Danoh

For He is our peace who hath made both one [Jews and Gentiles] and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us

Having abolished in His flesh [at the cross] he enmity, even the of commandments contained in ordinances for to make in Himself of twain one new man. So making peace

And that H might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross having slain the enmity thereby.

Totten, it says "by the Cross" not "at" the Cross.

In other words, the Cross has made possible Paul's preaching among the Gentiles.

And his preaching among the Gentiles did not begin until a point after Israel was concluded having continued in the uncircumcision of their fathers - against all three members of the Godhead now - Acts 4-7; Acts 9; Gal. 1, 1 Thess. 2.

Study out the Gentile assemblies that resulted in the area of Tarsus of Cilicia after Paul headed there in Acts 9.

This is why Barnabas went and brought Paul to Antioch in Acts 11 - because he was already the Apostle of the Gentiles with Gentile assemblies under him before Antioch - and all this was after Acts 7.

You see these assemblies in Acts 15.

None of that was "at" the Cross. Rather "by" it.

Ephesians 2 is Romans 1-3 just as Romans 15 is Ephesians 3.

All of which are AFTER Romans 3:21's " BUT NOW..."

This was made possible "by" the Cross, but did not begin until Romans 3:21's "But now..."

Danoh

Danoh, I'm not sure that your condescending attitude is any better than Heir's curt one. Why do you take this so personally? This "you and yours" and "your kind" is just plain silly. When STP makes a comment about there only being 3percent of the people that see what they see, why let it bother you when you're comfortable with what you see....different though it may be.

I see this like looking at a line....linear, or looking at a box with height, depth and width. It depends on which angle you're looking at it from.

I did not take his 3% comment personally.

For I in fact agree with him that their number is that small.

heir has said otherwise elsewhere.

Fact is I am not taking any of this personally; I am simply calling things as I have continued to see them play out in them.

Fact is, I do not see you as one of them, nor in their 3%.

I doubt they do.

You're better off - theirs is the very heresy Paul speaks against in 1 Corinthians 11.

Now watch some fool not properly study out what Paul meant by that and conclude I am calling them heretics.

No, GD, nothing personal here. That'd be a good waste of emotional energy to my own emotional detriment.

Just calling things as I have continued to see them.

The "you and yours" is inescapable - the pac mentality of some on here.

You just watch how this thread heats up - as the pac smells what they appear to live for - conflict with anyone who differs with their view or their actions against anyone who says so.

glorydaz

I did not take his 3% comment personally.

For I in fact agree with him that their number is that small.

heir has said otherwise elsewhere.

Fact is I am not taking any of this personally; I am simply calling things as I have continued to see them play out in them.

Fact is, I do not see you as one of them, nor in their 3%.

I doubt they do.

You're better off - theirs is the very heresy Paul speaks against in 1 Corinthians 11.

Now watch some fool not properly study out what Paul meant by that and conclude I am calling them heretics.

No, GD, nothing personal here. That'd be a good waste of emotional energy to my own emotional detriment.

Just calling things as I have continued to see them.

The "you and yours" is inescapable - the pac mentality of some on here.

You just watch how this thread heats up - as the pac smells what they appear to live for - conflict with anyone who differs with their view or their actions against anyone who says so.

Yeah right. "Drop dead" isn't taking it personally. Your refusal to admit you take it personally is a big part of the problem.

Danoh

Yeah right. "Drop dead" isn't taking it personally. Your refusal to admit you take it personally is a big part of the problem.

You forget I said that to Jerry as well, may he be well.

Just means "talk to the hand" "get lost with that" "go try it on someone else."

Just means get lost. Besides, if you are right in this mind read of yours would I not be taking your words to me about this personally as well.

I never have, and you know I have continued exchanging with you during our own few rough spots.

But, if that is what you believe, well; you're still fine by me, so have at it, if that makes you happy. A favorite of mine you remain o set in your ways one.

Please, have the last word on me.

heir

TOL Subscriber

It does not say "Jews and Gentiles" (as that is not who the middle wall of partition was between) anymore than it says "at the cross".

Ephesians 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Ephesians 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Ephesians 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Ephesians 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You forget I said that to Jerry as well, may he be well.

Just means "talk to the hand" "get lost with that" "go try it on someone else."

Just means get lost. Besides, if you are right in this mind read of yours would I not be taking your words to me about this personally as well.

I never have, and you know I have continued exchanging with you during our own few rough spots.

But, if that is what you believe, well; you're still fine by me, so have at it, if that makes you happy. A favorite of mine you remain o set in your ways one.

Please, have the last word on me.
You don't have to participate in this thread. In fact, please take your drama somewhere else. Open up your own thread talking about divisions and you can talk to your heart's content, but please stop doing it here. This thread is about the "both" in the "one body by the cross".

Danoh

It does not say "Jews and Gentiles" (as that is not who the middle wall of partition was between) anymore than it says "at the cross".

Ephesians 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Ephesians 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Ephesians 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Ephesians 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

Who do you understand the middle wall of partition was between and on what basis?

For the enmity between God and men was now with both Jew and Gentile, on man's part of the equation...

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Good post G

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

He is our peace who has made both [Jew and Gentiles] one and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us, having abolished in His flesh [by the cross] the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances.

For to make in Himself [jew and Gentile] one new man, so making peace.

And that He might reconcile both [Jew and Gentile] in one body unto God by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby

Status
Not open for further replies.