Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mishaps were the theme of Bob's latest round...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by attention
    Shimei:

Perhaps because the way in which Bob E handles and manipulates "truth" in this particular case, forms a pattern?
    Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Freak
      Exactly.
      Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21

Comment

RogerB:

Sorry your guru who repeatedly insists that he holds truth in highest regard is prone to incorrect generalizations and inaccuracies, which he presents as if they were indisputable facts, then fails to accurately back up his position.

I guess the truth just isn't as important to Bob as he says it is. It certainly comes a poor second to rhetoric in his argument.

I have really enjoyed this debate. It has been an interesting demonstration of Enyart's true mettle.

Comment

Originally posted by Flipper
          RogerB:

Sorry your guru who repeatedly insists that he holds truth in highest regard is prone to incorrect generalizations and inaccuracies, which he presents as if they were indisputable facts, then fails to accurately back up his position.

I guess the truth just isn't as important to Bob as he says it is. It certainly comes a poor second to rhetoric in his argument.

I have really enjoyed this debate. It has been an interesting demonstration of Enyart's true mettle.
          My guru? Don't know him. Never listen to his program. Never been to his church. He does, however, speak the truth.

You must be a -worshiper.
          Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21

Comment

I don't worship anything.

Bob's already been shown to be inaccurate and has chosen not to post his sources when called on it. Strange behaviour for a truth seeker, don't you agree? He also has a way of presenting information he hasn't bothered to substantiate as if it were a given.

Comment

RogerB,
              Is that Frank the Rabbit?
              Born after 1973?
              |
              |
              \/
              www.survivors.la

Comment

Truth matters to me...

Originally posted by Tye Porter
                It is obvious that you are missing the point.
                It is obvious you're missing the point. Bob's statements, as I have noted, are not entirely true so I advised him not to use them. The facts speak for themselves.

If 50.000001 (etc)% of any body of anything, including observations and peoples, is concurring, we call that a majority.

The majority of the people in the world reject Christ and your point?

Pastor Enyart, simply making this statement, is in fact, making a generalization,
                We know this and I have demonstrated that his statements are not enitrely true. I cautioned him in making generalizations without making note of the exceptions (in all fairness to the truth).

Why you nit-pick this simple statement, why this is the one thing that has stuck in your craw, is unknown, but I assume there is something else to blame, rather than your misunderstanding of his statements.
                Perhaps truth matters to me. Does truth matter to you?
                Care to elaborate, Freak?
                I already have.

Comment

Originally posted by Flipper
                  RogerB:

Exactly right.

I guess the truth just isn't as important to Bob as he says it is.
                  I hope this isn't true but I'm beginning to wonder....

Comment

Re: Re: Truth matters to me...

Originally posted by Tye Porter
                    Good point.
                    Thanks.

Ergo, you agree with Pastor Enyart.
                    Are you mentally slow? Of course I agree with Bob that there is a God. However, I do not agree with some of his statements that are not entirely true. He needs to note in the debate that some of arguements are not entirely true. Does truth matter to you?

Comment

Working...
                    X