This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle Royale XII - Pre Game Thread

Battle Royale XII: Will unbelievers spend eternity in the Lake of Fire?
    pastorkevin vs. logos_x

Battle starts Monday, December 11, 2006.

Discussion on the upcoming battle can be done here.
    "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom

Upgrade your TOL membership.

Originally posted by Poly
    Battle Royale XII: Will unbelievers spend eternity in the Lake of Fire?
    pastorkevin vs. logos_x

Battle starts Monday, December 11, 2006.

Discussion on the upcoming battle can be done here.
    Wow, this should be a great BR!
    "I maintain my pride in the face of men, but I abandon it before God, who drew me out of nothingness to make me what I am." - The Count of Monte Cristo

Comment

What happens to the loser?

Comment

Originally posted by Sozo
        What happens to the loser?
        Depends. If PK loses, he only has to go into the Lake of Fire temporarily. If logos_x loses, then logos goes in eternally....

Last edited by JoyfulRook; December 4th, 2006, 03:48 PM.
        "I maintain my pride in the face of men, but I abandon it before God, who drew me out of nothingness to make me what I am." - The Count of Monte Cristo

Comment

If logos loses then PK goes in eternally?

Comment

Originally posted by Poly
            [font=Times New Roman]Battle Royale XII: Will unbelievers spend eternity in the Lake of Fire?
            pastorkevin vs. logos_x
            let me guess: pastorkevin says unbelievers will spend eternity in the Lake of Fire and logos says no, it will be more of a small river than a lake
            It is bad enough that so many people believe things without any evidence. What is worse is that some people have no conception of evidence and regard facts as just someone else's opinion.
            -Thomas Sowell

Comment

Good luck, Logos_X!
              No pressure, but our eternal fate is in your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by cfisher
                let me guess: pastorkevin says unbelievers will spend eternity in the Lake of Fire and logos says no, it will be more of a small river than a lake
                You'll just have to read the BR to find out!

Comment

Well patorkevin this should be a slaughter for you God's Judgement and the use of Fire to describe it is so clear in the old testament that Jesus just solidified it in the new with the lake of fire...

Comment

Lo-gos , Lo-gos, Lo-gos!!!

I'm rootin' for ya!
                    1 John 4:7-8 "Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God; everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love."

Comment

Has everyone already made up their minds who will win? I thought the last debate was going to be interesting, but everyone went into with their minds already made up so it didn't matter what anyone said. Everyone thought their view was the winner. I wonder if there will be any more objectivity this time around.

"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15.13

Comment

All's I know is that SIN will take you farther than you wanted to go! Keep you longer than you wanted to stay! And cost you more than you were willing to pay!

I suppose this Battle Royale will determine, just how "far", how "long", and how "much"!

Since we are all sinners, we have a "vested" interest in the outcome.

May God bless you both in your debate.

Comment

Cool! looks interesting. I get the feeling that I will learn more Greek in that thread than I have all year...

Comment

Fortunately believers will only dwell in the Consuming Fire of Theos while unbelievers will experience the Lake of Theos.

Comment

Questions I would like to have answered =

1. In the Book of Revelation there are 8 passages of Scripture mentioning the "overcomers" of the Lord. Why are ONLY overcomers mentioned as not being "hurt" by the Lake of Pur?

2. If only overcomers are not hurt by the second death/ a.k.a. the Lake of Fire, are the vast majority of the house of God subject to the Lake?

3.What does hurt/ ajdikevw in the Koine mean?

4. How does the Lake differ from our God the Consuming Fire?

5. Where & when did the Lake originate?

Comment

Working...
                              X