Discussion thread for AMR and God's Truth Trinity Debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
From what I have seen God's Truth is backpedaling and has no answers for the questions that AMR originally started this debate with. Yet GT demands answers to questions before answering those asked.

God's Truth

Right here is the crux of it, IMHO. How much "bad" doctrine has been developed as the result of hatred of the RCC and all things considered RCC? The Trinity being one of those considered RCC by the uninformed.

Why not comment on a scripture I quoted and explained? Why not get that scripture and explanation and show me exactly when and why I got it wrong? You do not do know how to because you do not know the truth.

In addition, you could have got the question I ask all trinitarians and answered it, but you did not. You only come on here and state your worthless opinions.

You can lead me to the trinity doctrine if you would answer my questions.

The question is how is it that Jesus is God but not the Father who is God.

The other question is like it: How is Jesus God but not the Holy Spirit who is God.

I will be waiting for your answer.

God's Truth

I would like to challenge AMR one on one with my simple way of reasoning why Trinity is unbiblical and doctrine of demon.

I would like to start with questions that I don't think any trinity believers can answer biblically.

To tell the truth, I don't believe God's Truth is biblical either because He said Jesus is the Father but he denied this claim later on. He does not seem to think he knows what he is talking about.

He has been inconsistent all alone with many other things and trinity is the same.

blessings.

You are a false witness and a slanderer.

Show right now where I said Jesus was the Father then denied it.

You are shameful.

You ask to debate others about God, but you cannot even answer my question.

Let us all hear how well you answer questions, how well you know God's Truth.

Tell me, how does Jesus live inside the believer if he is not God?

Answer the question or keep your fingers off the keyboard.

God's Truth

I would like to challenge any trinity believer on one on one, it has not be AMR.

anyone?

thank you.

Again, since you think you know truth, answer my question:

If Jesus is not God, how does he live inside believers?

You are ignorant. You ask to challenge people and cannot ever answer this question.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I generally am reluctant to debate women. I know my limitations well enough to understand that I will fall into sin given my tendency to become impatient and even angered during the heat of discussion. I just do not think God is glorified with the likes of myself in heated discussions with a woman. I mean no offense by this. Your views are the reason I have you on ignore--to avoid falling into more personal sin when I become inflamed when reading your blasphemies related to the Godhead.

I only respond now as your comments were quoted and felt you were owed an explanation.

AMR

So you recline to debate me? Is that it?

If so, is anyone else interested to take woman's challenge?

Your reason is one of main reasons why I don't trust any Calvinist as true Jesus' servants.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It has been at least 4 hours since I challenged Trinitarians. And not even one to take courage to take it because I am a woman? my goodness.

Jesus did not say it has to be a man to be His faithful servant. This is why the organized churches are in a complete mess. They don't seem to use Jesus' wisdom to exercise their faith. It is Jesus-less faith.

Jesus says we know them by their fruit. The organized churches are not of Jesus according to Jesus' word.

Shame on you people.

blessings.

ChristNU

Why not comment on a scripture I quoted and explained? Why not get that scripture and explanation and show me exactly when and why I got it wrong? You do not do know how to because you do not know the truth.

In addition, you could have got the question I ask all trinitarians and answered it, but you did not. You only come on here and state your worthless opinions.

The other question is like it: How is Jesus God but not the Holy Spirit who is God.

My point, which obviously escaped you, is that if you understood that the Trinitarian nature of God was apparent to those very first Christians, and that it is not a concept that comes out of the RCC, then you would most likely be less resistant to the truth. Your hatred of the RCC and anything you interpret as being RCC clouds your perception and keeps you from seeing the truth.

That is not entirely what prevents you from seeing the truth, but it is a big part of it.

God's Truth

godrulz makes good points here.

Scripture was not intended to be a tool for proof-texting to support a particular view. We should all be able to make a Biblical argument for our view, but that looks very different from plucking an isolated verse here or there, completely ignoring the greater context, the original hearer, the original language, the circumstances under which the book or letter was written, etc.

Further, proof-texting without explanation or interpretation proves nothing. If AMR simply answered GT's proof-texts with a few of his own, GT would have to admit that AMR's proof-texts are just as valid on the face of it.

Ignoring thousand of years of church history and those who went before us in the faith is downright foolish. GT's objection to quoting others is tantamount to the tired 'I don't believe in any man's religion'. Lone Ranger Christians often end up believing in, at best, slightly unorthodox doctrines, and at worst, outright heresy. And I guarantee none of us came to our beliefs without being taught by someone along the way.

It's clear to me that the root of the issue here is a difference in interpretive method. An overly literal, wooden literal, approach to Scripture yields confusion and error.

GT, you can't simply cite a few verses and claim victory. There are some truths in Scripture that can't be proof-texted. The doctrines are built carefully by viewing the whole of Scripture and, like the doctrine of the Trinity, many came about in response to serious error.

AMR, well done as usual. Glad it's GT and not me. :chuckle:

You accept the trinity doctrine even though it says it is unexplainable. If you cannot explain it, then you cannot defend it!

God's Truth

I don't post here to 'help' AMR. He doesn't need any help.

However, you could benefit by his help for you.
But........that requires humility.

You are the one who needs humility.

However, I will say, you have done a better job at debating than AMR, until you make your personal insults.

God's Truth

I generally am reluctant to debate women. I know my limitations well enough to understand that I will fall into sin given my tendency to become impatient and even angered during the heat of discussion. I just do not think God is glorified with the likes of myself in heated discussions with a woman. I mean no offense by this. Your views are the reason I have you on ignore--to avoid falling into more personal sin when I become inflamed when reading your blasphemies related to the Godhead.

I only respond now as your comments were quoted and felt you were owed an explanation.

AMR

Do you really think that God accepts men being angered with each other?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have not seen a debate actually start yet. Questions have been posed by AMR but no answers have been given

God's Truth

My point, which obviously escaped you, is that if you understood that the Trinitarian nature of God was apparent to those very first Christians, and that it is not a concept that comes out of the RCC, then you would most likely be less resistant to the truth. Your hatred of the RCC and anything you interpret as being RCC clouds your perception and keeps you from seeing the truth.

That is not entirely what prevents you from seeing the truth, but it is a big part of it.

You do not know what you are talking about, so stop with your worthless false opinions of me.

Why did you act as if you did not see my request?

Here it is again:

fishrovmen

Did Jesus teach His disciples to debate everyone at all times and to judge who are His disciples, and who are not? I don't debate much because I find that almost any theological word needs to be defined and agreed upon. I find that many would rather debate what they believe their opponent believes, rather than what the opponent states that they believe. I also do not find many teachable nor humble people, but rather those who would rather attack and name-call. It could prove to be a waste of valuable time that could have been used to do His will. I am not saying that debate is not useful nor profitable, but it seems rather to be a rarity to engage in valuable debate.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I have not seen a debate actually start yet. Questions have been posed by AMR but no answers have been given

Those questions are so lame. It has nothing to do with God and Jesus' clear identify.

I know those trinity debaters are boasting how they are learned but they are useless to be Jesus' loyal and faithful servants.

ChristNU

You do not know what you are talking about, so stop with your worthless false opinions of me.

Why did you act as if you did not see my request?

Here it is again:

Predictable GT response. Your questions have all been answered many times over. You simply refuse to even consider the truth, let alone believe it. God help you.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Did Jesus teach His disciples to debate everyone at all times and to judge who are His disciples, and who are not? I don't debate much because I find that almost any theological word needs to be defined and agreed upon. I find that many would rather debate what they believe their opponent believes, rather than what the opponent states that they believe. I also do not find many teachable nor humble people, but rather those who would rather attack and name-call. It could prove to be a waste of valuable time that could have been used to do His will. I am not saying that debate is not useful nor profitable, but it seems rather to be a rarity to engage in valuable debate.

I usually don't debate, but this is perfect opportunity to prove how unbilical and un-Christian most mainstream churches are. They are misrepresenting Jesus to the world with their sinful practice and doctrines.

My threads and posts are mostly about what Jesus teaches and commands.

blessings.

fishrovmen

GT, in Acts 7:55 I see mention of the Holy Spirit, God, and Jesus. I am trinitarian in belief. I wanted to know what YOU believe about the three mentioned, and their relationship to one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.