Originally posted by Crow

There's a few people around here I would like to see do a Battle Royale--

:
    Battle Royale X

:

vs

:crow:

Comment

I'll go against Clete talking about the Mid-Acts heresy, I mean teaching.

Comment

Hey Knight,

This has been going on quite a while.

Can you give us an idea where things stand?

Comment

Originally posted by add yasaf

You don't mean teaching! You are disrespectful liar.

Putting you in a Battle Royale would lend way more credibility to you than is deserved and one against me would be especially difficult as you have just made my ignore list. Your cocky, disrespectful attitude is off the charts and I’ve had all I stand.

Resting in Him,
          Clete
          sigpic
          "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Comment

Originally posted by Crow

There's a few people around here I would like to see do a Battle Royale--

:
            Having Sozo in a BR would be a first, I don't think a BR participant has ever been banned in the middle of a Battle before.

Comment

Clete Pfeiffer quote - You don't mean teaching! You are disrespectful liar.

Putting you in a Battle Royale would lend way more credibility to you than is deserved and one against me would be especially difficult as you have just made my ignore list. Your cocky, disrespectful attitude is off the charts and I’ve had all I stand.

I have already replied to your post about me supposedly being disrespectful, and you ignored it!!! How disrespectful of you!!!!

I told you before that I am not personally attacking Bob, but his theology. He is the one to make a public show of being a Bible answer man. And so it is only fair that his theology be critiqued publicly. If anyone disagrees with this line of thinking, speak now or forever hold your peace!

Comment

Originally posted by add yasaf
                I have already replied to your post about me supposedly being disrespectful, and you ignored it!!! How disrespectful of you!!!!
                I didn't respond because I do not believe you.

I told you before that I am not personally attacking Bob, but his theology. He is the one to make a public show of being a Bible answer man. And so it is only fair that his theology be critiqued publicly.
                Yes this is the line of poo that you back peddled to after having nearly gotten booted off the site.

The following quotes convey your real position....

Bob Enyart vs. Add Yasaf in any debate. I just don't like the guy.
                You were actually referring to Bob Hill here but didn't know enough about either man to know that they were two different people.

There is a good reason why I can say that I do not like Bob. I was on his site and we were discussing open theism, and I was asking him some questions, and he suddenly stopped the thread and deleted it.

Clete can verify this. I was trying to bring some of the discussion over here to this site to help things along, when he up and deleted the thread. He never did answer the questions.

I am not trying to get back at him, but I think he spreads a lot of misinformation based on little theological background and can be quite misleading.
                Then you started a thread entitled, "bobhill's bad theology" which has a decidedly condescending and arrogant tone....

This thread is dedicated to stopping Bob Hill's bad theology. Actually it is not too hard to do this. But at least there will be one less bad teacher of Scripture around for people to follow.

I am about to bring a can of whoop@#^ on Bobby.
                Now if this isn't personal disrespect what the heck is?!
                Calling a man who is twice your age and who has been in the ministry for longer than you've existed both a "bad teacher of Scripture" and then referring to him as "Bobby".
                I tell you now. If I could I would happily and proudly punch you in the mouth for having said this.
                You go on to say in this post...
                I randomly picked a topic on his site and surprise, surprise, Bob shows his lack of training in Biblical studies.
                More blatant disrespect and what's worse is that you admit that your statements stem from a complete lack of familiarity with what he teaches! You randomly picked something from his site! Did you spend more than five minutes reading anything on his site to see how he establishes his positions? Are you aware that in most of his answers he assumes the person asking the question already understands that he is speaking from a dispensational position and that he makes no effort to reestablish the foundational issues that his answers are based upon? Obviously not!

You did cool your disrespectful jets when Knight told you to pipe down or get lost. But then you post this..

A statement indicating that you consider Bob Hill a heretic which is utterly unfounded.

Nobody says you have to like Pastor Hill. The point is you have decided to turn your dislike for his theology into dislike, and more importantly disrespect, for a very great man of God who simply does not deserve such disrespect. Such a loss of emotional control has basically made it impossible for you to get any traction on getting your view even heard because anyone here who is familiar with the Open View or Acts 9 Dispensationalism looks at Pastor Hill like a father and now won't touch a discussion on the issue involving you with a ten foot pole.

As I said before, if you would like to start another thread explaining how you jumped to conclusions that were unfounded about Pastor Hill and how you apologize for your disrespectfulness, then I might consider discussing the issue with you, depending upon whether you sell me on the sincerity of your apology.

Resting in Him,
                Clete
                sigpic
                "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Comment

JoM vs. Sozo or Turbo
                  Was Jesus God?

(Assuming any of them would be interested in participating.)

Comment

Originally posted by Greywolf

JoM vs. Sozo or Turbo
                    Was Jesus God?

JosephofMessiah doesn't beleive that Jesus is God? Hmm! Maybe there was a good reason I had him on my ignore list after all!

Good topic idea by the way, but "Was" probably should be replaced with "Is".

"Is Jesus God?" rather than "Was Jesus God?", minor point I know, but it jumped out at me and I'm sort of bored at the moment, so I thought I'd say something.
                    sigpic

Comment

• How about Aimiel vs Sozo on whatever it is that might cool off the bickering? ... or would it make it worse?
                      Help for

"...the Reformation broke with Rome but not Greece..." - Bob Enyart

Comment

• Originally posted by Greywolf

JoM vs. Sozo or Turbo
                        Was Jesus God?

Yikes! JoM's regular posts are as long as a Tolstoy novel. I'd hate to see the Battle Royale versions.
                        --philosophizer--

Make good choices!

2 Corinthians 10:5 -- casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ

Comment

• Originally posted by Greywolf

JoM vs. Sozo or Turbo
                          Was Jesus God?

Good idea.....but I would like to see a word limit on each post.

"If you look upon ham and eggs and lust, you have already committed breakfast in your heart." - C.S. Lewis

Comment

• Originally posted by On Fire

Good idea.....but I would like to see a word limit on each post.
                            I can be a man of very few words! (None of which are allowed at TOL)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sozo

I can be a man of very few words! (None of which are allowed at TOL)
                              Another reason you wouldn't make a Battle Royale candidate (besides the obvious, that you don't have anything to say, other than to vent frustration).
                              "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

Comment

• Originally posted by Aimiel

Another reason you wouldn't make a Battle Royale candidate (besides the obvious, that you don't have anything to say, other than to vent frustration).

Comment

Working...
                                X