BRVIII pre-debate poll - Were works ever required for salvation?

BRVIII pre-debate poll - Were works ever required for salvation?

• Yes

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Not sure / undecided

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Were works ever required for salvation?

This is the topic of Battle Royale VIII - Jerry Shugart vs. *Acts9_12Out*.

You can discuss the battle and/or the topic here. This thread is just a poll to see where idea of where the audience stands as the debate is about to begin. If you comment, just tell us how you answered. You may include a (brief) explanation of why you answered the way you did, but this thread isn't intended for debating the issue or discussing the battle. Again, that's what this thread is for.

the Sibbie

I'm not sure.

For the case of the Body of Christ, where there is no disticntion between Jew or Gentile, I don't think works are required for salvation. But for the Israelites (the Circumcised people) it seems that perhaps that before they were "cut off" that certain works were required for salvation.

So I guess we will see who's argument makes more sense.

Freak

Originally posted by Sibbie

I'm not sure.

For the case of the Body of Christ, where there is no disticntion between Jew or Gentile, I don't think works are required for salvation. But for the Israelites (the Circumcised people) it seems that perhaps that before they were "cut off" that certain works were required for salvation.

So I guess we will see who's argument makes more sense.
To those under the Law, Jesus declared:

...that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

the Sibbie

But for the Israelites (the Circumcised people) it seems that perhaps that before they were "cut off" that certain works were required for salvation.
Sorry, I should have said "it seems...certain works were required for salvation" along with faith in God.

But since Turbo said this thread is not for discussing or debating this issue, I won't add anything more.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This verse keeps bashing me in the head.....

Colossians 2:14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

Freak

Originally posted by Knight

Colossians 2:14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
Okay...

Freak

Sorry, I should have said "it seems...certain works were required for salvation" along with faith in God.
...that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

In light of what Jesus says, do you still say, "It seems..."

Nimrod

This verse deals with the LORD nailing our IOU's to the cross not the moral Law.

Also, your login page throws 404 errors. When I am not registered in, I click "quote" and it brings me to a page to log in. After typing the correct info I get an error. Please be advise.

BChristianK

not sure what you mean?

Grace and Peace

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No more works. Only faith for salvation.

No more works. Only faith for salvation.

Knight said:

Wiped out the requirements that was against us . . . Taking it out of the way . . .He did the work for us (salvation) that we could not do, as stated in John 3:16, for then all we could do, is Romans 10:9-10, because Romans 10:14.

At Mount Transfiguration The Law (OT) and the Prophets (The Promise) met Grace (Jesus), "It is Finished.

It is "Like being feed at the Table of Mercy the Bread of Grace, "It is Done."

If it depended on my works, I would be finished (wiped out), and the act of salvation could not be done.

But praise be to the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world, because He came to seek and to save those who are lost, ME! Amen and Amen, Praise the Lord ! ! !

There I go again off in to shouting territory . . .

Thank the Lord, I'm resting in Jesus, my (our) author and finisher.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My previous post - Not sure if it okay to post, but I have had a shoutin' good day, I couldn't resist!

Miles de Cruce

I may be wrong but I feel that works were required in the OT for salvation and the works being Sacrifices but once Jesus died he did away with the requirements of a animal sacrifice because he took upon himself all the sins ever committed and ever to be commited. Jesus was the NT sin-offering he was the Burnt Offering and the Scapegoat

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How many works would you have to do. Where is it specified?

Galatians 5

3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.

All the festivals, all the ordinances. Make atonement for their failures.

Status
Not open for further replies.