This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nang View Post
    Anyone who deviates from the orthodox creeds, also deviates from Holy Scripture.
    Spoken like a true Roman Catholic

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. Creeds seems very Catholic to me. I have no need of them since I have the written Word. If AMR's argument is going to be based on creeds, Ghost, you will win hands down.
      sigpic

Comment

Ghost,

This thread is provided to accommodate members' opinions as to the debate of your views, not for you to trash my views.

In fact, I do not even know if you and AMR are allowed to post here during your One on One.

???
        "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

" The difference between faith and saving faith are the propositions believed."
        Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
        Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Ghost,

This thread is provided to accommodate members' opinions as to the debate of your views, not for you to trash my views.
          I doubt your assessment. However, no one does a better job of trashing your views than you do, so I'll leave you to your own stupidity.

In fact, I do not even know if you and AMR are allowed to post here during your One on One.
          There you go again.

Comment

Nang, that was really cheap of you to report my post. You are are making yourself look very bad by reporting something that is not infraction material.
            sigpic

Comment

Well then, you hold to an unorthodox Christian view, for the historical church has always embraced the truths contained in the Chalcedonian Creed, that clearly defines Jesus Christ as being both fully Man and fully God.

Only heretics and false religionists have deviated or denied this teaching, since the time of Christ.

Jesus Christ Himself claimed to be the "Son of God," as well as the "Son of Man," if you require scriptural proofs.

Nang
              Bad form Nang, you opened the door to a sidebar with your post above. Now your angry it's getting derailed?
              The winner of the 2011 Truthsmacker of the Year Award

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...pictureid=3504

Help Take Back Our Country from Washington D.C.. with the Convention of States

Comment

Originally posted by Inzl Kett View Post
                Nang, that was really cheap of you to report my post. You are are making yourself look very bad by reporting something that is not infraction material.
                Inzl,

Your attempt to engage me in a debate about the creeds, violates the purpose of this thread and this particular forum.

Such amounts to hi-jacking.

You deserved to be reported and if Knight issues you an infraction, you deserve that, too, IMO.

And your complaint prolongs the hi-jacking.

Please cease and desist.

Nang
                "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
                Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Uh-oh, now you've done it! Watch out for the flying butt-monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by rocketman View Post
                    Bad form Nang, you opened the door to a sidebar with your post above. Now your angry it's getting derailed?
                    You are correct.

I should have never responded to her opinion in the first place.

I apologize for that, but the report was warranted.

Nang

Gordon H. Clark

Charles Spurgeon

Comment

"Jesus Christ Himself claimed to be the "Son of God," as well as the "Son of Man," if you require scriptural proofs"

These statements do not prove the bizarre theology in AMR's post.

We'll see how the debate between Ghost and AMR pans out. I think Ghost will win.
                      sigpic

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. Creeds seems very Catholic to me. I have no need of them since I have the written Word. If AMR's argument is going to be based on creeds, Ghost, you will win hands down.
                        The early Creeds were developed when not everybody had regular access to the written Word and not everyone could even read. Believers needed a concise, to the point statement concerning the essentials of what comprised their faith.
                        The word Creed comes from the Latin verb 'credo' which means 'I believe'. What is the gist of what one believes? I could say "I believe the following:" and then begin to quote the Bible verbatim from Genesis to Revelation, which is not likely or even practical. Or, one could say "I believe/credo and quote ICo 15:3-8 which is believed to originate from a very early 'creed' among the believers of that time.
                        During certain periods in early church history believers were being severely persecuted and killed for their faith and they needed something that could be committed to memory and held on to. Also, there were 'creedal confessions' or statements of faith that were recited when being received as a new believer among the ranks.
                        Whether one deems some of the creeds to be in harmony with scripture or not, each one must decide, but if one does agree with Nicea or Chalcedon, for example, they are very carefully worded formulas which help one think through what the limits are when speaking of the truths pertaining to GOD and the incarnation.
                        Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
                        Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Comment

Steko--Even the Chalcedonian creed really does not say all the weird stuff that is in AMR's post about Jesus and Man having two spirits. That is what gives me heartburn. It just sounds very bizarre to me.

I have no problem with Jesus being Son of God and Son of Man.
                          sigpic

Comment

Comment

Steko--Even the Chalcedonian creed really does not say all the weird stuff that is in AMR's post about Jesus and Man having two spirits. That is what gives me heartburn. It just sounds very bizarre to me.

Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
                              Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Comment

I am rooting for Ghost.
                                Why wouldn't you root for the truth?

Do you see this as some sort of sporting event?

I do not believe that Jesus had two natures. I just cannot find any scriptural support for that view. Jesus is God the Son, God incarnate
                                (1 Tim 2:5 KJV) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

As we see, the above verse proves you wrong.

Or maybe you can explain the geneology of Jesus in Matthew 1?

This one on one will be really easy for AMR.
                                (1 Cor 1:13 KJV) Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Comment

Working...
                                X