Isn't it about time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berean Todd

I was brought here by one of the Battle Royals, and I was just thinking ... it's been awhile since the close of the Zakath-Enyart debate, so isn't it about time that we have another? There are several topics we have been going around that would make interesting material:

- Eternal Security

- Open Theism

- Can a Christian sin?

- Catholicism: cult or denomination?

The first two in particular would be interesting I think. Frankly, I owuld love to be a part of one, though with my time in seminary I don't really have time to devote to such a venture; that is why my posting here is eratic, and not often do I take time to make leangthy or extremely cross-referenced posts. But I would be very interested to see something new start up - anyone else agree?

truthseeker45

BANNED
Banned
Re: Isn't it about time?

BT,

I would love to debate someone (honest) on eternal security(OSAS).

I started debating Jerry Shuggart, but he became frustrated, got mad, and ran away.

My goal is to seek the truth, not win a debate!

Any takers?

David.

Originally posted by Berean Todd
I was brought here by one of the Battle Royals, and I was just thinking ... it's been awhile since the close of the Zakath-Enyart debate, so isn't it about time that we have another? There are several topics we have been going around that would make interesting material:

- Eternal Security

- Open Theism

- Can a Christian sin?

- Catholicism: cult or denomination?

The first two in particular would be interesting I think. Frankly, I owuld love to be a part of one, though with my time in seminary I don't really have time to devote to such a venture; that is why my posting here is eratic, and not often do I take time to make leangthy or extremely cross-referenced posts. But I would be very interested to see something new start up - anyone else agree?

Granite

Hall of Fame
I like the look of item three, except that it's been beaten to death on a couple of threads. A nice battle royal to settle the issue might be nice though.

granite

truthseeker45

BANNED
Banned
When you think about it, #1 & #3 are related.

But, if Sozo is ready for another spanking bring it on! LOL

David

Originally posted by granite1010
I like the look of item three, except that it's been beaten to death on a couple of threads. A nice battle royal to settle the issue might be nice though.

granite

Berean Todd

I would love to debate eternal security, and am part of the 'OSAS' crowd, but as I said I don't have time. I think that debate might have the most "market value" to bring interested people not yet at ToL in, but I think the "Can a Christian Sin" to end that debate from other threads would also be interesting (though I'm not personally led to take part in that).

Open Theism would also be interesting, but I think the results would be somewhat rigged, because in contrast to Christianity as a whole (which is mostly closed-theists), there are a very high proportion of open thesit adherants here. Would make a very good debate though.

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
Hey, that's not nice to get us all curious! Who were they and what was it going to be about?

elected4ever

truthseeker45
I would love to debate someone (honest) on eternal security(OSAS).

e4e

Bring it own jerk. I am not a debater or a scholar or well educated. You should have the advantage.

truthseeker45
I started debating Jerry Shuggart, but he became frustrated, got mad, and ran away.

e4e
I doubt if Jerry ever ran from the likes of you.

truthseeker45
My goal is to seek the truth, not win a debate!

e4e

You have not sough the truth a day in your life

Daniel50

elected4ever said:
truthseeker45

e4e

Bring it own jerk. I am not a debater or a scholar or well educated. You should have the advantage.

truthseeker45

e4e
I doubt if Jerry ever ran from the likes of you.

truthseeker45

e4e

You have not sough the truth a day in your life

Truth shall set you free................

SUTG

Yeah, a new Battle Royale would be nice. I'd like to see an actual debate about Evolution. The Hilston stuff was interesting and all, but it didn't really have much to do with evolution.

Maybe aharvey vs. bob b or bowhunter, although I'm starting to doubt whether bob or bowhunter know anything about evolution...

Status
Not open for further replies.