Dispensationaism Proven.

Jerry Shugart

The Bible does not teach that there are "Dispensations" where "God has required different things at different times from different people".

Since you consider yourself an expert on "Dispensations" then please share your knowledge about them with us.

A Biblical dispensation is a "stewardship" so please tell me what the following "dispensation" or "stewardship" which was given to Paul is referring to:

"If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me toward you"
(Eph. 3:2).​

Paul was given a stewardship by the Lord so that makes Him a steward for the Lord. In what way did he carry out that stewardship of the grace of God?

genuineoriginal

Since you consider yourself an expert on "Dispensations" then please share your knowledge about them with us.

A Biblical dispensation is a "stewardship" so please tell me what the following "dispensation" or "stewardship" which was given to Paul is referring to:

"If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me toward you"
(Eph. 3:2).​

Paul was given a stewardship by the Lord so that makes Him a steward for the Lord. In what way did he carry out that stewardship of the grace of God?
Paul was given stewardship over the preaching of the gospel to the Gentiles.

1 Corinthians 9:17
17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.​

Romans 15:16
16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.​

Jerry Shugart

Acts 24:47- the Gospel of repentance is to be preached to ALL the nations, beginning in Jerusalem. Same Gospel to all nations.

That commission was never carried out because according to the Scriptures the nation of Israel will be the agent of God when that gospel goes into the whole world:

"And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed" (Isa.61:8-9).​

"Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee"
(Isa.55:5).​

When the gospel goes to all the nations Israel will be glorified by the LORD. The disciples of Christ understood that and that is when they were scattered they went to no one but the Jews with their message:

"Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only" (Acts 11:19).​

The only reason they didn't preach that gospel to the Gentiles when they went to all of those places outside of Israel was because they knew the Scriptures which revealed that the Jews would only go to the Gentiles at a time when the nation of Israel had been glorified. And that is why it took a special revelation from Peter from God before he would go to a Gentile.

You don't have throw a giant word salad together to try to convince yourself of this gibberish any longer, I have come to free you from this bondage of heresy. Go your way and sin no longer lest a worse thing come upon you. I am not kidding.

All you prove is the fact that you can somehow trick your mind into believing that the gospel promised by the OT prophets (Ro.1:1-2) is the same gospel which was kept secret since the world began (Ro.16:25).

When Paul preached he "reasoned out of the Scriptures" (Acts 17:2). In order to believe your idea we must throw reason to the wind.

I am not kidding. Anyone who has the slightest degree of spiritual discernment can tell the difference between a gospel promised in the OT and the gospel kept secret since the world began.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Paul was given stewardship over the preaching of the gospel to the Gentiles.

That's right but you are now contradicting what you said earlier:

The Bible does not teach that there are "Dispensations" where "God has required different things at different times from different people".

No one who lived in any dispensation during OT times was given that stewardship which Paul was given so God does in fact require different things from his stewards at different times.

genuineoriginal

That's right but you are now contradicting what you said earlier:
Your inability to understand is due to your shifting definitions of dispensation and not due to what I said.

No one who lived in any dispensation during OT times
What definition for dispensation are you using now?

No one who lived in any dispensation during OT times was given that stewardship which Paul was given so God does in fact require different things from his stewards at different times.
What I said earlier does not contradict this.
It's understanding that God has required different things at different times from different people.
Dispensationalism teaches that God has different standards of behavior that He requires from different groups of people at different times in order to test all of humanity.

Are you trying to claim that God giving one individual a particular stewardship over specific knowledge is was what Dispensationalism is all about?

Jerry Shugart

Your inability to understand is due to your shifting definitions of dispensation and not due to what I said.

The Biblical Dispensations are "stewardships." Those who are given the stewardships are the stewards. And today the following speaks of the stewardship responsibilty which has been given to us:

"As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God"
(1 Pet.4:10).​

Paul was the first person to receive this stewardship and now we are also made stewards of the gospel of grace.

No one before Paul was given that stewardship so his stewardship responsibility was different from those before him who also had a dispensational responsibility.

binyamin7

The events described in the opening post can be easily explained by God keeping His covenantal promises without the nonsense of Dispensationalism being mixed into it.

But it is a form of dispensationalism, although I understand your not wanting to call it that due to the MADness around here.

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
Dispensationalism is basically invisible passages between the actual passages of the Bible.

>Two different covenants? :nono:
>Temporary replacement of Israel? :nono:

The only thing those beliefs have done is cause more focus on physical Israel rather than the Christian church itself, consistently driving some theological witch hunt to find meaning in an idea that is in every sense just fictitious.
Everything that will be done will be done through Christ whose working concerning the Jews is the same as any other nation of people. This effectively makes Christianity and it's church the sole kingdom and dispensation. In other words, Spiritual Israel.

>Whisked away into heaven out of nowhere? :nono:
>Being left behind in some tribulation / thrown into a guillotine in not having been good enough at the time? :nono:

These are absurd things that simply are a disservice to the person of Christ- to abandon people to a destroyer before judgement even occurs is inherently ridiculous.

binyamin7

Dispensationalism is basically invisible passages between the actual passages of the Bible.

>Two different covenants? :nono:
>Temporary replacement of Israel? :nono:

Actually read the opening post in the thread, I prove it is accurate beyond a reasonable doubt. Read Romans 9 in it's entirety and then notice the clear language of Romans 9:25-26

Jerry Shugart

Acts 24:47- the Gospel of repentance is to be preached to ALL the nations, beginning in Jerusalem. Same Gospel to all nations.

That commission was never carried out because according to the Scriptures the nation of Israel will be the agent of God when that gospel goes into the whole world:

"And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed" (Isa.61:8-9).​

"Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee"
(Isa.55:5).​

When the gospel goes to all the nations Israel will be glorified by the LORD. The disciples of Christ understood that and that is when they were scattered they went to no one but the Jews with their message:

"Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only" (Acts 11:19).​

The only reason they didn't preach that gospel to the Gentiles when they went to all of those places outside of Israel was because they knew the Scriptures which revealed that the Jews would only go to the Gentiles at a time when the nation of Israel had been glorified. And that is why it took a special revelation from Peter from God before he would go to a Gentile.

You don't have throw a giant word salad together to try to convince yourself of this gibberish any longer, I have come to free you from this bondage of heresy. Go your way and sin no longer lest a worse thing come upon you. I am not kidding.

All you prove is the fact that you can somehow trick your mind into believing that the gospel promised by the OT prophets (Ro.1:1-2) is the same gospel which was kept secret since the world began (Ro.16:25).

When Paul preached he "reasoned out of the Scriptures" (Acts 17:2). In order to believe your idea we must throw reason to the wind.

I am not kidding. Anyone who has the slightest degree of spiritual discernment can tell the difference between a gospel promised in the OT and the gospel kept secret since the world began.

Last edited: