Dispensationaism Proven.

Right Divider

Body part
Paul spent three years in Arabia before going to see Peter in Jerusalem.
From Paul's writings and actions, it appears that Paul spent those three years in diligent study of the Old Testament.

Galatians 1:18
18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.​

That says NOTHING of him "diligently studying the Old Testament" during that time.

Paul was ALREADY completely familiar with the Old Testament.

Act 22:3 KJV I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.

You are a fake and a fraud.

genuineoriginal

That says NOTHING of him "diligently studying the Old Testament" during that time.

Acts 17:1-3
1 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews:
2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,
3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.​

How do you suppose Paul knew which verses in the Old Testament spoke about Christ needing to suffer and rise again from the dead?
Paul was ALREADY completely familiar with the Old Testament.

Act 22:3 KJV I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.
Paul obviously did not know about the Old Testament verses that spoke about Christ needing to suffer and rise from the dead when he persecuted the church.
Paul only knew the Pharisaical teachings before heading towards Damascus.

Galatians 1:13-23
13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:
14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.
15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.
18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.
19 But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.
20 Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not.
21 Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia;
22 And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ:
23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.​

During the three years mentioned in Galatians 1:18, Paul learned which Old Testament verses spoke about Christ needing to suffer and rise from the dead.
It appears that Paul spent those three years in diligent study of the Old Testament.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul spent three years in Arabia before going to see Peter in Jerusalem.
From Paul's writings and actions, it appears that Paul spent those three years in diligent study of the Old Testament.

For years I taught that Paul spent three years in Arabia because I had been taught that way.
Then, as I studied the text carefully for my self, I discovered that it doesn't say that at all.

Gal 1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.
Gal 1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.

As I read it now, it doesn't say how long he was in Arabia, but that he returned to Damascus from Arabia and then three years went by before he went to Jerusalem.

genuineoriginal

Provide SCRIPTURAL evidence for this assertion.

HOW does it "appear"?
Like I said, it appears from Paul's words and actions.

Acts 17:2
2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,​

Acts 18:28
28 For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publicly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ.​

Romans 15:4
4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.​

Romans 16:26
26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:​

1 Corinthians 15:3-4
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:​

Galatians 3:8
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.​

Paul was receiving DIRECT REVELATION from the risen Lord Jesus Christ. That is a bit difference from "studying the old testament".
We know that happened on the road to Damascus.
Do you have any evidence that Paul received direct revelation from Jesus other than that one time?

genuineoriginal

For years I taught that Paul spent three years in Arabia because I had been taught that way.
Then, as I studied the text carefully for my self, I discovered that it doesn't say that at all.

Gal 1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.
Gal 1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.

As I read it now, it doesn't say how long he was in Arabia, but that he returned to Damascus from Arabia and then three years went by before he went to Jerusalem.
I see what you are saying.
Thank you for the correction.

Paul must have spent the three years in Damascus studying the Old Testament to find all the verses that spoke about Christ Jesus.

Right Divider

Body part
We know that happened on the road to Damascus.
Do you have any evidence that Paul received direct revelation from Jesus other than that one time?
2Co 12:7 KJV And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

Get a Bible and read it.

Right Divider

Body part
The Bible has more than just the thirteen letters of Paul and the second half of Acts.
So... since I showed you that Paul received an abundance of revelations.... something that you apparently did not know..... you JUMP topics?

That just that kind of childishness that we MAD believers who understand the WHOLE Bible have to put up with.

genuineoriginal

Get a Bible and read it.
The Bible has more than just the thirteen letters of Paul and the second half of Acts.
So... since I showed you that Paul received an abundance of revelations.... something that you apparently did not know..... you JUMP topics?
If you look at the post from stecko and my response, you will see that I respond well to correction when I am mistaken about what the scriptures actually state.
However, your snarky remark at the end of your post shows that you were not attempting to correct a mistake of mine, but you were trying to troll the thread.
That just that kind of childishness that we MAD believers who understand the WHOLE Bible have to put up with.
MAD believers only believe the thirteen letters of Paul and the second half of Acts.
You in particular have shown that that is the only part of the Bible you believe.

If you want to continue acting like a spoiled child, go ahead, but don't expect me to play along.
:wave2:

john w

Hall of Fame

MAD believers only believe the thirteen letters of Paul and the second half of Acts.
You in particular have shown that that is the only part of the Bible you believe.

If you want to continue acting like a spoiled child, go ahead, but don't expect me to play along.
:wave2:

Do you believe Deuteronomy and Leviticus?

Fine-obey it.

You're a moron-even you know it.

genuineoriginal

Do you believe Deuteronomy and Leviticus?

Fine-obey it.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.​

All scripture includes Deuteronomy and Leviticus.
I use Deuteronomy and Leviticus for doctrine, reproof, correction, and for instruction in righteousness.

Why don't you?

john w

Hall of Fame

2 Timothy 3:16-17
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.​

All scripture includes Deuteronomy and Leviticus.
I use Deuteronomy and Leviticus for doctrine, reproof, correction, and for instruction in righteousness.

Why don't you?

Translation: you changed your argument, so stuff your "Who, me?" sophistry.

You asserted:

You made an argument of sophistry, and a false dichotomy, false charge. The LORD God never taught you that-satan did.

No, moron, I believe every word of the book, including 2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV; however, unlike you, I do not pervert its meaning, corrupt it, butcher its meaning,"blend it" all together, in one big bible smorgasbord, a "Luby's Belief System," as you revise it to:

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for everyone's doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, and all of it is written specifically to all people, is about them, and all of it is for our obedience.:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works, as long as he obeys all of scripture.

You're a clown, in a parade of clowns.

genuineoriginal

You made an argument of sophistry

sophistry
the use of fallacious arguments, especially with the intention of deceiving.

No, that is your modus operandi as proven by your very words:

you revise it to:

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for everyone's doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, and all of it is written specifically to all people, is about them, and all of it is for our obedience.:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works, as long as he obeys all of scripture.

john w

Hall of Fame

sophistry
the use of fallacious arguments, especially with the intention of deceiving.

No, that is your modus operandi as proven by your very words:

That's your best volley, rummy? Take your seat.....That's it....Way in the back.

You "It all says the same thing" believers only believe the bible if it agrees with their doctrine, as that is the only part of the Bible you believe.

So there, moron, engager in sophistry, false dichotomies, deceit, satanic false accuser of the brethren, which excludes you.

binyamin7

That's your best volley, rummy? Take your seat.....That's it....Way in the back.

You "It all says the same thing" believers only believe the bible if it agrees with their doctrine, as that is the only part of the Bible you believe.

So there, moron, engager in sophistry, false dichotomies, deceit, satanic false accuser of the brethren, which excludes you.

Aren't you, by your own admission, not born again?

1 Corinthians 11:14-15 New King James Version (NKJV)
Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him? But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her; for her hair is given [a]to her for a covering.

john w

Hall of Fame
Aren't you, by your own admission, not born again?

1 Corinthians 11:14-15 New King James Version (NKJV)
Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him? But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her; for her hair is given [a]to her for a covering.

Lack confidence, you wicked fruit inspector? Yes..... Thanks for confirming that you're a Catholic, a fruit inspector. Put up your pic, sweetie. I thought so.

Get of this site, you fraud, posing as a a member of the boc.

You know, punk, that your James 2:3 KJV is a sin, don't you, poser? Yes....And that you will not "inherit the kingdom of God?"

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

What a mess....The punk does not even know the context of 1 Cor. 11.

You: Sampson!!!! You're not born again.

Another moron, takes the stage.