Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    The word "gospel"means "good news" or "glad tidings."

The "good news that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, is not the same "good news" that Christ died for our sins. Both are "good news" but not the same "good news."
    You knew I was talking about the Apostolic Gospel.

As you stated earlier, Peter did in fact preach the full Gospel you are correct. Why do you suppose Peter said:

"And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: "Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe. 8 So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us, 9 and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
    If that is not clear enough, in 2 Peter 3:15-16 we see that Peter and Paul both wrote to the same group interchangeably. Because they both preached the Gospel.
    "Prove all things. Hold fast that which is true."

Comment

Originally posted by binyamin7 View Post
      That is what I thought you would say.
      You're quite the mind-reader.

What is the label given to Saul and Barnabus in Acts 13:1?
      So, once again, you do not understand the 12 apostles that will sit on 12 thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
      All of my ancestors are human.
      Originally posted by Squeaky
      That explains why your an idiot.
      Originally posted by God's Truth
      Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
      Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
      (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
      (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

To prove that dispensationalism is correct the starting postulates or assumptions of dispensationalism have to be stated clearly and these have to be looked at in terms of relevant New Testament scriptures.

I can quote the starting postulates of dispensation by quotations for the founders of this theology and many dispensations here will not agree with these quotes.

"Israel is an eternal nation, heir to an eternal land, with an eternal kingdom, on which David rules from an eternal throne so that in eternity, '...never the twain, Israel and church, shall meet." Lewis S. Chafer, Systematic Theology (Dallas, Dallas Seminary Press, 1975), Vol. 4. pp. 315-323..

Lewis S. Chafer said that dispensationalism has "...changed the Bible from being a mass of more or less conflicting
        writings into a classified and easily assimilated revelation of both
        the earthly and heavenly purposes of God, which reach on into eternity
        to come.." Lewis. S. Chafer, ‘Dispensationalism,’ Bibliotheca Sacra, 93 (October 1936), 410, 416, 446-447

Chafer, a founder of dispensationalism or Christian Zionism, following John Darby and C.I. Scofield, claimed the Bible is a mass or more or less conflicting writings and that dispensationalism or Christian Zionism makes the Bible more easily classified and assimilated, or more easily understood.

In his book, Dispensationalism (1966), Charles Ryrie says "The
        essence of Dispensationalism, then, is the distinction between Israel
        and the church." (page 3, "Dispensationalism")

J. Dwight Pentecost is another dispensationalist theologian who in his
        book Things To Come ( 1965) says "The church
        and Israel are two distinct groups with whom God has a divine plan.
        The church is a mystery, unrevealed in the Old Testament. (page 193,
        J. Dwight Pentecost, Things To Come, Zondervan, 1965).

My other interest for this thread is "how is the issue of the division of the Gospel taught by Peter, John, James and other earlier New Testament writers from a supposed different Gospel taught by Paul relevant to the starting doctrines of dispensationalism?" If that difference is important for dispensationalism then dispensationalists should be able to say how it relates to the starting doctrines of the theology.

Comment

You still have not provided any evidence that the "gospel" which the Twelve preached at Luke 9:6 is the same gospel that declares that "Christ died for our sins" (1 Cor.15:3).

Tell us how it was possible that the gospel which the Twelve preached at Luke 9:6 declared that Christ died for our sins because at the time of Luke 9:6 the Twelve didn't even know that the Lord Jesus was going to die.
          Please stop saying that people didn't preach Christ crucified before He was in fact crucified. Please stop. No one preached the exactness of Christ crucified before He was. We do not need to rehash that as if it even means anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
            So, once again, you do not understand the 12 apostles that will sit on 12 thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
            What position in the Body of Christ did Paul and Barnabus have in Acts 13:1?

Comment

What position in the Body of Christ did Paul and Barnabus have in Acts 13:1?
              Why are you wondering all other the place and expecting me to chase rainbow colored ponies with you?

(4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Originally posted by northwye View Post
                My other interest for this thread is "how is the issue of the division of the Gospel taught by Peter, John, James and other earlier New Testament writers from a supposed different Gospel taught by Paul relevant to the starting doctrines of dispensationalism?" If that difference is important for dispensationalism then dispensationalists should be able to say how it relates to the starting doctrines of the theology.

Because I dared to cast shade on their sacred calf, mid-acts dispensationalism. And instantly they came to defend their leader Enyart who they believe speaks ex-Cathedra.

Comment

Please stop saying that people didn't preach Christ crucified before He was in fact crucified. Please stop. No one preached the exactness of Christ crucified before He was. We do not need to rehash that as if it even means anything.
                  So are you saying that the gospel which the Twelve preached at Luke 9:6 declared that the Lord Jesus was crucified even though the Twelve didn't even know at that time that He was going to die?

Comment

Why...

Acts 13:1 clearly tells us Paul and Barnabus are a specific title at that time. If you refuse to discuss things I am not sure why you commented on my thread in the first place.

Comment

You're likely to get banned for this practice.

Comment

"Israel is an eternal nation, heir to an eternal land, with an eternal kingdom, on which David rules from an eternal throne so that in eternity, '...never the twain, Israel and church, shall meet." Lewis S. Chafer, Systematic Theology (Dallas, Dallas Seminary Press, 1975), Vol. 4. pp. 315-323..
                        The highlighted part of Lewis S. Chafer's quote goes against what Paul wrote in Romans 11.

Romans 11:23-25
                        23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.
                        24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?
                        25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

J. Dwight Pentecost is another dispensationalist theologian who in his
                        book Things To Come ( 1965) says "The church
                        and Israel are two distinct groups with whom God has a divine plan.
                        The church is a mystery, unrevealed in the Old Testament. (page 193,
                        J. Dwight Pentecost, Things To Come, Zondervan, 1965).
                        Paul stated that the mystery of the church is that the Gentiles should be fellowheirs of the covenants of promise with the commonwealth of Israel.

Ephesians 2:11-13
                        11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
                        12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
                        13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Ephesians 3:3-7
                        3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
                        4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
                        5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
                        6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
                        7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Learn to read what is written.

_____
                        The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
                        ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

So are you saying that the gospel which the Twelve preached at Luke 9:6 declared that the Lord Jesus was crucified even though the Twelve didn't even know at that time that He was going to die?
                          No and neither did John the Baptists preaching. Now please, PLEASE, stop repeating this absolute definition of a MOOT point over and over. This is a word salad with no meaning.

Comment

You're likely to get banned for this practice.
                            That sounds like something a liberal would say...

Comment

No and neither did John the Baptists preaching. Now please, PLEASE, stop repeating this absolute definition of a MOOT point over and over. This is a word salad with no meaning.
                              To you it is a moot point but you just can't accept the fact that the Twelve were not preaching a gospel which spoke of the death of the Lord Jesus while the heart and soul of the gospel Paul preached to the Gentiles is the fact that Christ died for our sins.

You throw your reason to the wind and assert that the Twelve were preaching the same gospel Paul preached to the Gentiles, that Christ died for our sins, even though the Twelve did not even know at that time that He was going to die.

Then you say it is a moot point.

Comment

To you it is a moot point but you just can't accept the fact that the Twelve were not preaching a gospel which spoke of the death of the Lord Jesus while the heart and soul of the gospel Paul preached to the Gentiles is the fact that Christ died for our sins.

You throw your reason to the wind and assert that the Twelve were preaching the same gospel Paul preached to the Gentiles that Christ died for our sins.

Then you say it is a moot point.
                                Peter clearly preached the full Gospel after Pentecost. Repeatedly. In Acts 15 Peter even said:
                                "Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe. 8 So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us, and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
                                After this we see Peter and Paul wrote epistles to the same people interchangeably in 2 Peter 3:15-16. Then Peter also warns that people will invent things like that you are trying to say because they are confused by Paul's writings and "twisting them to their own destruction".

Comment

Working...
                                X