Neg Rep Spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WizardofOz View Post
    Quote me focusing negative energy on Trump. You must have me confused with someone else.
    Oh, that could very well be. I'm sorry if that's the case. It won't be the first time I've been wrong.

Comment

Me too! When I see someone in red I usually go and read some of their posts until I find one I agree with and then try to get them back to green. @popsthebuilder @marhig @meshak are a few that come to mind. I don't need to agree with someone 100% of the time in order to find at least some of their contributions worthwhile. I try not to focus so much on being negative.
      Indeed ... I find that even though I don't agree them to show appreciation to their civility ...
      TRUST
      is a fragile thing.

Easy to break, Easy to lose
      and one of the hardest things to
      ever get back.

Comment

I'd be happy to boost anyone back up based on the quality of their posts, rather than my contempt for their overall character.
        Why would you boost someone out of contempt?

Anyway, it's not an either/or matter; one can give negreps for the content of their posts AND contempt for their character.

If you give out more than a few neg reps a day and follow specific posters around to neg rep them, why do you do this? Don't you find it a bit petty?
        Nope.
        "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
        Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
        By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
          Oh, that could very well be. I'm sorry if that's the case. It won't be the first time I've been wrong.
          No problem. I'm not saying I haven't criticized him but I consider myself more focused on policy than on the man. I've given him credit when due and criticized him when I feel it's merited.
          “To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Comment

Me too! When I see someone in red I usually go and read some of their posts until I find one I agree with and then try to get them back to green. [MENTION=17355]popsthebuilder[/MENTION] [MENTION=18157]marhig[/MENTION] [MENTION=13959]meshak[/MENTION] are a few that come to mind. I don't need to agree with someone 100% of the time in order to find at least some of their contributions worthwhile. I try not to focus so much on being negative.
            If you can find something positive with those three, then I am forced to question your judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by musterion View Post
              It's not an either/or matter.
              That's exactly my point. Rather than neg rep over and over, I'll positive rep that same person once I find a post I agree with.

Nope.
              You missed the first part of that question.
              “To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Rusha View Post
                Indeed ... I find that even though I don't agree them to show appreciation to their civility ...
                Rusha thinks hypocrisy is civility.

Comment

Ah! I see what has been happening. I actually have had you on ignore for some time so I don't have to read you drooling on yourself with post after post on the 'what's new' page. I had a few notifications for a rep comment but nothing new was there. Obviously you are neg repping me but I cannot read them since you're on ignore.

It all makes sense.

Grosnick - get a life, man. You have averaged almost 400 posts a month since you came to TOL. Perhaps you should find a hobby or a good book to read. You're focusing all of this negative energy at people here. It's not good for you.
                  You find a negrep more harmful than what you just posted to Gros? You're either a hypocrite or an idiot. Then again...not an either/or.
                  "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
                  Terence Mc Lean

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
                  By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

When I see someone in red I usually go and read some of their posts until I find one I agree with and then try to get them back to green.
                    That sounds just as petty as those your OP complains about.
                    Terence Mc Lean

Comment

You find a negrep more harmful than what you just posted to Gros? You're either a hypocrite or an idiot. Then again...not an either/or.
                      Excellent point.

Comment

It's a one-shot attempt to make a point. I don't follow him around and neg rep him over and over and over like some lost puppy biting someones ankle. I'm talking about neg repping people into red. It's only a handful of people who do it and it's likely an organized effort.

It's childish in my opinion.

― Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

That sounds just as petty as those your OP complains about.

How is finding common ground with someone petty?

Explain that one...

― Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

It's a one-shot attempt to make a point.
                            And negreps are intended to make a point.

You can close the thread now.
                            Terence Mc Lean

Comment

How is finding common ground with someone petty?

Explain that one...
                              The point was clear. If you read more carefully I wouldn't need to explain.
                              Terence Mc Lean

Comment

BTW, I left you red a few posts back. Just to make the point that this is a stupid thread. Like, Meshak-level whiny with an utter lack of self-awareness stupid. You should be embarrassed but apparently lack the capacity.
                                Terence Mc Lean

Comment

Working...
                                X