Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conversation with Knight about losing faith

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by ok doser View Post
    i can't imagine why you'd think i believe it is




    was Christ being loving when he said "go and sin no more"?
    For one thing, I do not EVER question the words of our Savior.
    I do examine my own words and deeds to see if they are a decent reflection of Him.
    Often, especially when dealing with you, I fall short.
    But,
    I keep on trying.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
      This attitude is astounding to me.
      That's because you have no idea what Christianity is. Those things that cause people to admit they do not love Jesus Christ have nothing to with determining their salvation.

      You're whining about the truth being laid out and, predictably, you hate it.
      Where is the evidence for a global flood?
      E≈mc2
      "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

      "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
      -Bob B.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Knight View Post
        You want me to do all of your heavy lifting?

        Is it heavy lifting to be concerned for the souls of people who encounter a damaging witness to Christianity on your forum?

        Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Stripe View Post
          That's because you have no idea what Christianity is. Those things that cause people to admit they do not love Jesus Christ have nothing to with determining their salvation.

          You're whining about the truth being laid out and, predictably, you hate it.
          Predictably, "whine" and "hate" showed up in your post.

          Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

          Comment


          • #80
            I don't base my faith on the behavior of others and what they do.
            I base my faith on Christ and what He does.

            We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
            They already know monsters exist.
            We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Stripe View Post
              That's because you have no idea what Christianity is. Those things that cause people to admit they do not love Jesus Christ have nothing to with determining their salvation.

              You're whining about the truth being laid out and, predictably, you hate it.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
                do you care
                if
                someone loses their faith?
                Of course. It's always sad to see someone struggle. Especially when they are being fed crappy theology.

                But ultimately each man and woman is responsible for their own decisions and there is typically not much you can do about it other than give your opinion or guidance if they ask for it.

                I never really had much to do with Zoo. Don't know why he turned into a weirdo. I'm sure there was a lot more to the story than him occasionally posting on an internet forum.
                Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
                TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Stripe View Post
                  That's because you have no idea what Christianity is. Those things that cause people to admit they do not love Jesus Christ have nothing to with determining their salvation.

                  You're whining about the truth being laid out and, predictably, you hate it.
                  You are being unnecessarily harsh in my opinion. She is questioning. That is not hate.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Caledvwlch View Post
                    If every awful thing you've ever said (and don't get me wrong, I also think you're hilarious, but you do say really crappy things to people) was just an extrapolation from "go and sin no more" I will eat my hat.
                    the "crappy" things i say are perceived that way because I am blunt and insensitive

                    i care more for facts than feelings

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Tambora View Post
                      I don't base my faith on the behavior of others and what they do.
                      I base my faith on Christ and what He does.
                      Not every Christian has the same amount of strength.

                      Should strong Christians look down on, berate, and mock weaker Christians, or offer them a helping, loving hand when they see them in need of one?

                      Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by ok doser View Post
                        the "crappy" things i say are perceived that way because I am blunt and insensitive

                        i care more for facts than feelings
                        But as most people with a pulse know, feelings have more impact than fact.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
                          Is it heavy lifting to be concerned for the souls of people who encounter a damaging witness to Christianity on your forum?
                          Were you born this stupid or do you have to practice at it?
                          Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
                          TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
                            Not every Christian has the same amount of strength.

                            Should strong Christians look down on, berate, and mock weaker Christians, or offer them a helping, loving hand when they see them in need of one?
                            It depends. I never once thought Zoo was a Christian. Did you?
                            Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
                            TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Knight View Post
                              Were you born this stupid or do you have to practice at it?
                              Come on, really? I feel like it is a genuine question relevant to the OP.
                              -Q
                              "The Man. The Myth. The Legend!"

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
                                ... weaker Christians...
                                weaker Christians who are mislead by the world into believing that we should accept perversion in our midst?

                                weaker Christians who want to reject what God has written for what they believe the Bible should say?


                                weaker Christians who reject the wise counsel they can receive here because their precious feelings are hurt?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X