This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
    Does Matt: 18:6 mean anything to any Christian here?

If anyone causes one of these little ones--
    do children post here?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Jennings View Post
      This seems relevant

It's relevant to chrys, and that's what matters to him.

Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post
        do children post here?
        Don't be afraid to post the whole quote.

Does Matt: 18:6 mean anything to any Christian here?

If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

Comment

Knight doesn't care. Where are the Christians who care?
          I think he does...what are you going to do on a forum to show you care? zoo has a platform where he can express himself freely, that's worth something.
          One lavished upon in the Beloved
          sigpic

Comment

It's relevant to chrys, and that's what matters to him.
            I am telling you that for the first time in my life if there is no one on any ticket that I even remotely approve of I am going to put my own name on the ballot as a write in!

Comment

Originally posted by Totton Linnet View Post
              I think he does...what are you going to do on a forum to show you care? zoo has a platform where he can express himself freely, that's worth something.
              Tots, he said he didn't care. I don't see a way to explain his own words in any other light.

And no, anyone who doesn't share the forum bias certainly cannot express himself or herself freely. The frequently banned can attest to that, although I think they all pretty much agree that they understand that and take it as a cost of posting here. So that's not a "whine," just stating a fact.

But back to the not caring.

I think Christians should care, if they believe at all in the scriptures they post.

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post
                do children post here?
                anna treats us like children
                but
                somehow holds us responsible
                a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

Comment

Don't be afraid to post the whole quote.
                  "But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me..."

what do think "offend" means here?

Comment

Originally posted by bybee View Post
                    I am telling you that for the first time in my life if there is no one on any ticket that I even remotely approve of I am going to put my own name on the ballot as a write in!
                    shirley, you can't be serious

Comment

I have to admit that many of the opinions communicated on this forum are quite repulsive to me. They are forms of Christianity I do not relate to at all, and to be honest those forms of Christianity are still relatively rare where I am from. It is a form of Christianity I simply call "Biblicism". Common sense (in a negative sense) reading of the Bible with no regards to hermeneutics, theological history, creeds, tradition or systematic theology that seeks to interpret Christianity in concordance with a realistic portrayal of the world as we know it through other disciplines.

I should probably post my opinion and argue against it more often, but sadly I do not have the time for it. I try not to enter discussions here unless I have time to properly engage with it. I spend most of my time here doing user to user communication.
                      "By the tender mercy of our God, the dawn from on high will break upon us to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace." (Luke 1:78-79)

The Light Eternal, breaking through,
                      the world to gleam anew;
                      His beams have pierced the core of night,
                      He makes us children of the light.

-Martin Luther

Comment

I wonder
                        if
                        anna holds knight responsible for town leaving

Comment

I think something worth considering is how accurately the actions of the members here who align themselves as Christian, reflect Christian values as a whole. In other words, if you were to take this website and it's Christian inhabitants, and look at it in a vacuum and ask yourself "Is this really what Christianity is all about?" would that answer be consistent with the message Jesus was sent here to proclaim.

Based on my experiences with other Christian traditions and cohorts, they would say "absolutely not". To be honest, the comments made by some members here are down right terrifying because they are made with conviction and genuine belief that what is being posted is correct. If someone were to waddle onto this forum and base their entire understanding of Christianity on the posts made by Christian members on this forum, I feel like they would miss the message entirely. That is the real shame, at least from my perspective.
                          Last edited by Quetzal; November 4th, 2015, 09:23 AM. Reason: typo
                          -Q
                          "The Man. The Myth. The Legend!"

Comment

Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
                            I wonder
                            if
                            chrys, this thread isn't about the Republican party, about whether I'm a liberal, and it isn't about TH. I know that doesn't leave you with a whole lot else to think about, but would you humor me, and talk about something else, like, oh, I know: Do you care if someone loses his faith?

Comment

I wonder
                              if
                              if i'm reading this right, anna is holding knight responsible for maintaining a site frequented by foul examples of "Christianity" who are directly responsible for causing zoo to lose his faith, because she's butthurt over town leaving and wants to keep the drama flowing

because, after all, zoo was forced to come here and become a member and listen to all those horrible "Christians"

and apparently ignore the real Christians like anna and town

Comment

anna treats us like children
                                but
                                somehow holds us responsible
                                I am responsible for my words and my deeds.
                                You are taking a cheap shot at a poster who is trying have a thoughtful dialogue.

Comment

Working...
                                X