Conversation with Knight about losing faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
That right there is the absolute worst....not saying that Anna, in particular, does so....but, when someone thinks they know your motives/feelings, and they are dead wrong, it makes you wonder if it isn't they, themselves, that have those motives/feelings. Projecting is all too common around here. It's everywhere. I've never seen so many bad guessers in all my life. :chuckle:

If I had even 1% of the hate I've been accused of having, I'd be wearing a KKK hoodie and carrying a swastika branding iron.

Yep. What i am told is there is too much still with us for my Utopian attitude to hold valid.

If true, i hope I am right here. the thread on Houston unsexed bathrooms, I know this is true, if any people exposed to the modal liberal thought process, may resist, it shall be those of African decent will be m ore likely to find disfavour with all this unsexing than liberal people who descend from Europe.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Some people hold on to every word and take every single word as a personal attack. Maybe because it's true and it really hits a nerve, so they can't stop posting about it - :idunno:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
not going back through all this (man, did this thread catch fire yesterday or what? :) ), but....

did anna ever make any indication of what she would like knight to do differently, or wish that he had done differently with those mean mean posters who don't represent Christian values to her satisfaction?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
not going back through all this (man, did this thread catch fire yesterday or what? :) ), but....

did anna ever make any indication of what she would like knight to do differently, or wish that he had done differently with those mean mean posters who don't represent Christian values to her satisfaction?

she doesn't answer questions
but
gets after anyone who doesn't answer her convoluted questions

she knows how to push buttons

Quincy

It's an important topic to me, and your answers are important to me.

Hello anna, this is an interesting thread. I think that faith unchallenged (at least publicly) is preferable to most people. Anyone who loses their faith or struggles with it, is somewhat a threat the fabric of an ideology. So people defend that, and I'm sure you know all this but you can never iterate it enough in these occasions.

I've had faith in many ideas until I realized that is all they were and I was only ever chasing them. What you experience in this blessed but short life and the things you feel are what are real. A person can interpret it many ways and everyone has their own inspiration that gives them contentment.

In the shoes of a person losing faith, I'd take solace in the discovery that I'm not that person I thought I was. To me, it would be exciting to come to the realization that deep down I don't agree with this belief and/or the conduct it instructs its adherents to do. The people you leave behind will fight you, ridicule you and do whatever it takes to maintain their stability and that is fine. There is nothing wrong with it and I'd know that I'm now free to pursue the place my heart leads me.

There is nothing wrong with realizing that something is not what you thought it was and that you are personally better off going in another direction. People will fight you over it and that's ok. Don't resent them or keep hard feelings about it. It's your pursuit of happiness that should matter most.

In all likelihood, it could just be a case of misery loves company, :chuckle: .

bybee

Hello anna, this is an interesting thread. I think that faith unchallenged (at least publicly) is preferable to most people. Anyone who loses their faith or struggles with it, is somewhat a threat the fabric of an ideology. So people defend that, and I'm sure you know all this but you can never iterate it enough in these occasions.

I've had faith in many ideas until I realized that is all they were and I was only ever chasing them. What you experience in this blessed but short life and the things you feel are what are real. A person can interpret it many ways and everyone has their own inspiration that gives them contentment.

In the shoes of a person losing faith, I'd take solace in the discovery that I'm not that person I thought I was. To me, it would be exciting to come to the realization that deep down I don't agree with this belief and/or the conduct it instructs its adherents to do. The people you leave behind will fight you, ridicule you and do whatever it takes to maintain their stability and that is fine. There is nothing wrong with it and I'd know that I'm now free to pursue the place my heart leads me.

There is nothing wrong with realizing that something is not what you thought it was and that you are personally better off going in another direction. People will fight you over it and that's ok. Don't resent them or keep hard feelings about it. It's your pursuit of happiness that should matter most.

Amen Brother!
When my husband quit drinking all of his relatives became very distant. Of course this pleased me to no end!
But true! As Shakespeare stated..." nothing of him that doth fade but suffers a sea change into something rich and strange...".
Change is painful but necessary in the knowing of oneself.

PureX

We are all works in progress. The problem is that many of us are trying really hard not to progress at all! :chuckle:

bybee

Pursuit of happiness was explored by Solomon who wrote about it in the book of Ecclesiastes.

Ecclesiastes 2
2 I said in mine heart, Go to now, I will prove thee with mirth, therefore enjoy pleasure: and, behold, this also is vanity.​

It is good though, to remember that "There is a season for all things...." Ecclesiastes was written when Solomon was very old.

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
you want happiness?

Psalm 37:3 Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

4 Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

5 Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

6 And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.

Wick Stick

I figure if you lose faith because of what someone said to you online, it's probably that your faith was placed in the wrong thing to start with.

Or, to put it another way - if you had built on a rock, then all that hot air wouldn't have blown you about.

Jarrod

Hawkins

Complete conversation contained in this post.

This attitude is astounding to me. Does it reflect your views as a Christian as well? If I could post a poll, I would. I'm interested in what other Christians have to say, and why.

It's an important topic to me, and your answers are important to me.

Also, for those who fixate on my "Other" designation: this thread isn't about what I believe, it's about what you believe.

I think that you don't need to worry about them. They should worry about themselves.

Satan will accuse them of murdering souls on the Judgment Day. There's a chance that our Lord will deny them by telling them evildoers if they did lead away souls.

Matthew 7:22-23 (NIV)
22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'
23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...[M]y statement was addressed to all the Christians at TOL.

Plenty of Christians here have shared the gospel with you. If you burn in Hell for eternity, it's your own fault not theirs. :dizzy:

No good deed goes unpunished (Jn 15:20).
eye-poke-smiley-emoticon.gif

Thank you sir may I have another. Fraternity paddle Nick Hume, Death Sentence

Status
Not open for further replies.