freelight's cosmic cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

PureX

More than less I live in a state of grief.

I know the joy of the Lord is my strength...I just get very discouraged when I see us hating and killing one another.

Rom. 13:8

We are VERY hard to love.
We are basically just monkeys with way too much imagination. So when you think about it, we would quite naturally be insane. I think one would have to love us in spite of ourselves. :devil:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Shall we explore further?

Shall we explore further?

do you think everyone will ultimately make it?

since you are willing to consider just about everything

Hi chryso,

I just responded to a like question of yours here :) - as usual, I touch on the quest-ion from many dimensions. I in general do hold more to a 'universalist' eschatology and soteriology, but also open to explore 'conditional immortality' in its various aspects,...but as you know totally reject ECT. - my commentaries on this subject are ample. - there still remains a broad spectrum of views from various schools of philosophy and religion on the soul's journey.

To touch again on your inquiry above,....I claim 'agnosis' {honest admittance of ignorance (not knowing) where it pertains} where I cant really know or answer the question, so am honest about that, and can only claim 'gnosis'(knowledge) on the basis of my own religious experience or spiritual insight on any given matter. But the field also allows for much speculation in the shady areas, between light and shadow. Much else beyond any 'absolute reality' is 'relative' at best.

Universalism (in its liberal all-inclusive definition) holds that all souls will rejoin/remerge/come back into harmony with 'God',....eventually/ultimately....no matter how much space or time is allowed in the 'process' of such. 'Christian Universalism' is more specific as a 'bibilical perspective' of all things/beings...being restored/reconciled thru Christ....all souls/all creation.

As an optimistic spiritualist, who holds to God's eternal goodness and mercy,....I hold that all souls are given the opportunity/space & time that is essential or needed in unfolding or expressing their innate potential and creative purpose...the possibilities of life. The problem is that within a limited biblical context, one is bound to interpret the ideas of men in black and white terms, further complicated by various modes of 'translation'...thus affecting various 'interpretations' manipulated to serve one's own preferred view or prescribed theology. Asides from various speculations on the soul's innate or potential 'immortality', we can be certain that if God is in fact LOVE, then his will is always for us, in every possible way to care for, empower, nurture and carry us forward to fulfill our life's purpose, our reason for being (unfolding our creative potential and ability to serve and prosper in all fields pertaining to life and the pursuit of joy).

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Re-embodiment.............

Re-embodiment.............

try this:

I love the movie 'groundhog day'

what if we kept coming back until we get it right?

Well, as you know, I did have my own thread on 'Reincarnation', and our other thread on the subject is no longer extant,...but yes,....it would appear rightfully 'provisional' that Life would afford souls as many 'life-experiences' that is required or desired to learn, grow, adapt, enhance and expand one's knowledge and wisdom, to realize their innate potential or purpose for creation. In this case, soul's may be born into material bodies only once and still continue on in the spirit-worlds beyond, or also re-incarnate on various worlds to experience life in the flesh again, to learn/acquire or master those lessons that would require such, being born into a new body. Such would be a 'resurrection' of sorts, and if you review the terms 'reincarnation' and 'resurrection', they are similar and in some cases, one can refer to the other, depending on the context you're including or what cultural perspective you are viewing from.

In fact the notion of 'resurrection' is 'reincarnation' of a kind, and 'reincarnation' is in fact, a 'resurrection' of the soul in a new body. While the 'mechanics' of such a 'recycling' or 're-embodiment' of the soul may differ from school or tradition....there you have it. 'God' gives the soul as many bodies or experiences that it needs in time, in view of the goal, purpose and joy of eternity.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
wisdom keys.....

wisdom keys.....

Glad God does...and made a way to save us from ourselves.

Good key there :)

Here's a take-off on an old solecism..."When God closes one door He opens another even though, sometimes, it's hell in the hallway."

The going thru trails and error would seem the only path towards learning and the freedom from suffering. The adversity must first exist, or any challenge in order to absolve/resolve or triumph over it. The whole play of creation in space-time appears to be a process of going thru hell, to get to heaven. Going "thru" is the ticket.

I pray I can love us the way He loves us.

This is so important,....as Jesus tells us to be perfect as Our Heavenly Father is perfect. - and if you look at the context,...he was speaking about the nature and expression of our love, to be like Gods, for he sheds abroad his love without respect to persons, good or evil, just or unjust...like the sun's eternal rays and rains that fall,...they do so impartially, abundantly, radiantly. The love of God is to outshine all, include all, transcend all.

theophilus

I asked because, with the ambiance in this little cafe of yours, I think a chai cookie would be marvelous with a cup of hot tea. I have a wonderful recipe for chai cookies.

So, because I'm nosy, I googled recipes and there are many.

:sigh: So many recipes...so little time.

:)

This is a nice place to dodge drama and worldly cares.

theophilus

Yo, freelight!

Today is national hug day.

Here's your virtual hug from me.

ba42b0d2358f9a4b7a5b9e7ce2c8bca7.jpg

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Yo, freelight!

Today is national hug day.

Here's your virtual hug from me.

Thank you!

There is really nothing like a genuine hug, when two people open up their heart chakra, and all chakras are spinning with such radiance, warmth, fullness, grace.....its so awesome. When the chemistry is there, its outa this world. Its all about having an OPEN HEART.

Namaste

theophilus

Thank you!

There is really nothing like a genuine hug, when two people open up their heart chakra, and all chakras are spinning with such radiance, warmth, fullness, grace.....its so awesome. When the chemistry is there, its outa this world. Its all about having an OPEN HEART.

Namaste

Even if there is little or no chemistry a hug is still good for the soul.

Mine anyway.

Good morning to you!

Zeke

Faring well ;)

All is legal here :)

Thinking, exploring, researching is free :surf:

Have a nirvanic blow-out :jolly:

Legality being the Arch enemy of spiritual nirvanic soul progression, Lets see your Cosmic Personas Business license and registration, health certificate, and food handlers card, and past inspection sheet, better not be feeding the homeless Souls either without seeking permission from the legal departments restrictions on charity. Or just chuck all that persona nonsense and operate under Divine unalienable Cosmic rights clause within.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Blessings from our Father-Mother God..........

Blessings from our Father-Mother God..........

Morning Freelight,

I'm having a thankful day.

Blessings in the Shekinah Light :)

Gratitude is a most wonderful thing, giving thanks to The ONE, for all that is, and will be.

View attachment 23472

11.11 :thumb:

A newly added blog-post: Karma, the Law of Compensation

Law itself is not mocked, neither can it be abrogated, except by a higher law; whatever a man sows, that also shall he reap. What measure you give out, shall be meted back to you.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The divine Self (atman) within all sentient beings......

The divine Self (atman) within all sentient beings......

Legality being the Arch enemy of spiritual nirvanic soul progression, Lets see your Cosmic Personas Business license and registration, health certificate, and food handlers card, and past inspection sheet, better not be feeding the homeless Souls either without seeking permission from the legal departments restrictions on charity. Or just chuck all that persona nonsense and operate under Divine unalienable Cosmic rights clause within.

Yes Zeke,....I abide by the latter disposition of operating under the 'divine unalienable cosmic rights clause within' :angel:
In Spirit we are already free, but only the mind and creations of legal fictionalized name and identity is the spell-binding 'maya' that weaves us within a tapestry of various webs, and so entangle us in what is unreal. But to abide in and as the Real Alone is the Way, for such is our original nature, our own divinity, our true "I AM" Presence.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Law of cause and effect..................

The Law of cause and effect..................

Greetings,

Sharing a current trend of discussion on the 'Christianity vs. Karma' thread,....which is a 'reaction-thread' to some of former discussion on the 'law of karma' (My first response to the thread is post #3). To engage the subject all schools of thought on 'karma' must be considered, both east and western religious traditions....and every philosophical angle possible, since its an all encompassing topic. Anyways,....in the thread above,....I find it unnecessary to make karma a principle at odds with Christianity, as if to create an enemy to be in 'contest' with, when the law of cause & effect is about as universal a law in nature as any other, since all actions have their corresponding consequences or 'effects'. Its just how the cosmos rolls :surf:

In principle and exploring the subject philosophically....I follow along a Theosophical perspective, but am open to have my views changed in one way or another, so am always mulling over and re-considering.....

A Right Understanding of Karma (Theosophical Perspective)

Status
Not open for further replies.