JC was NOT the messiah!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, I don't think that we should look further than the literal-grammatical-historical text. It's meant to be read and understood in context. There is a reference to the number of the beast in the Revelation, but that is a clear reference from scripture and there's lots of speculation on that. One can spend a lifetime just endeavoring to rightly divide the Word, without dabbling in Gematria.
I have a lot to learn.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Does God tell us everything?
Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because they have no dawn.

Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD does nothing Unless He reveals His secret counsel To His servants the prophets.

Matthew 13:57 And they took offense at Him. But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown and in his own household."

Mark 6:4 Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown and among his own relatives and in his own household."

Romans 16:26 but now is manifested, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the eternal God, has been made known to all the nations, leading to obedience of faith;

Ephesians 3:5 which in other generations was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed to His holy apostles and prophets in the Spirit;

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So do I. We all do. It's a never ending endeavor. We can all learn from each other, even (perhaps especially) if we disagree on some things.
Do you know if all numbers in the Bible are or were originally Hebrew characters? I heard some numbers may have originated outside the Hebrew language. I don't know how to verify this. It was something I read in a book that was trying to reconcile Bible error/contradiction, specifically in reference to some different numbers for the same event.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you know if all numbers in the Bible are or were originally Hebrew characters? I heard some numbers may have originated outside the Hebrew language. I don't know how to verify this. It was something I read in a book that was trying to reconcile Bible error/contradiction, specifically in reference to some different numbers for the same event.

I'm not sure about that. I'll think on it and watch for it. :)

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because they have no dawn.

Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD does nothing Unless He reveals His secret counsel To His servants the prophets.

Matthew 13:57 And they took offense at Him. But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown and in his own household."

Mark 6:4 Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown and among his own relatives and in his own household."

Romans 16:26 but now is manifested, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the eternal God, has been made known to all the nations, leading to obedience of faith;

Ephesians 3:5 which in other generations was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed to His holy apostles and prophets in the Spirit;

But does God seriously tell us everything?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Bs'd

It sounds to me like something that came before Sumerian, but the finer details I don't know.

I never use language like that.

Eliyahu
If Noah wasn't speaking Hebrew, what language did they speak before Abraham?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
But does God seriously tell us everything?
What do you need to know?

John 14:26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

2 Peter 1:3 seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Bs'd

Who says Noah wasn't speaking Hebrew?

Eliyahu
Well originally I wondered when Hebrew began. The term at least we have said comes from the time of Abraham, which is well after Noah.

You are saying Hebrew came before proto-Sumerian (which is used in this flood aftermath reference, by someone who knew the details)?

Elia

Well originally I wondered when Hebrew began. The term at least we have said comes from the time of Abraham, which is well after Noah.

You are saying Hebrew came before proto-Sumerian (which is used in this flood aftermath reference, by someone who knew the details)?

Bs'd

God created the heaven and the earth with Hebrew.

Adam and Eve spoke Hebrew.

Eliyahu

Dena

Bs'd

Eliyahu

I don't think God speaks any language but since I know that is a common belief I'll give you that much. However, that doesn't mean Hebrew was being used by humans.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Bs'd

Eliyahu
You said the word Hebrew originated after both of these events, around the time of Abraham, yes?

Is Hebrew an English word? I've heard English originated much later... after the time of Christ.

Elia

You said the word Hebrew originated after both of these events, around the time of Abraham, yes?

Is Hebrew an English word? I've heard English originated much later... after the time of Christ.

Bs'd

"Hebrew" comes from "Ivrie", which comes from Abraham, who was sitting "on the other side" (Ivrie) of the river, teaching the nations.

But the language existed from the beginning. It is just the name "Hebrew" that comes from Abraham.

Eliyahu

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Bs'd

"Hebrew" comes from "Ivrie", which comes from Abraham, who was sitting "on the other side" (Ivrie) of the river, teaching the nations.

But the language existed from the beginning. It is just the name "Hebrew" that comes from Abraham.

Eliyahu
But did the English language exist before it was called English? I don't know.

Why do people say there are languages older than Hebrew?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Because people say things that are wrong all the time.

Eliyahu
How am I to judge that what you say is not wrong? Is "Ivrie" Hebrew.

Proto-Sumerian was used after the time of Noah... but what if it was FROM THE TIME OF NOAH? Who can tell (how did the inscription come to be)?

Was the language confused at Babel?

This was after Noah. How is it that Hebrew survived (following the assumption that it is the original language) and yet Abraham was the only one to speak it?

Who else (what other people group) speaks Hebrew beside the Jews or Israel?