JC was NOT the messiah!

Silent Hunter

Hmmm...:think:
So in summary: Elia says it's so; Elia wouldn't make it up; So we need to believe Elia. :think:

I never thought about it that way. Verrrrrry compelling stuff you got there, Elia.
Hmmm...:think:
So in summary: you say the Bible says it's the word of god; the writers of the Bible wouldn't make it up; so we need to believe the Bible. :think:

I never thought about it that way. Verrrrrry compelling stuff you got there, chickman.

:rotfl:

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Actually, I didn't say that, Hunter. But I'm glad you gave yourself a good laugh. :chuckle:

And it's chickENman. I haven't been chickman for 20 years. :D

OMEGA

People like Elia want some OLD RABBI with a long beard to be the HUMAN Messiah and yet that goes against the Torah on worshipping anyone else
but God.

Elia needs to study his Torah and GROW UP .

Elia

People like Elia want some OLD RABBI with a long beard to be the HUMAN Messiah and yet that goes against the Torah on worshipping anyone else
but God.

Elia needs to study his Torah and GROW UP .

Bs'd

Yes the messiah will be totally human, and no, we are not going to worship him. The only one that we worship is the one and only God Y-H-W-H who is one.

There is no indication whatsoever in the Tanach that the messiah is going to be divine or God himself.

It are the Christians who are the idol worshipers, because they do worship somebody else then Y-H-W-H, namely JC.

Eliyahu

Last edited:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Exo 25:8 And let them make me a sanctuary, that I may dwell in their midst.
Exo 29:45 I will dwell among the people of Israel and will be their God.
Exo 29:46 And they shall know that I am the LORD their God, who brought them out of the land of Egypt that I might dwell among them. I am the LORD their God.

Was GOD speaking allegorically or literally, when He said that He would dwell among the people of Israel?

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
. . . not in exactly those words, no. It's the same difference weather you wish to admit it or not . . .

Well...I certainly do believe the Bible is the word of God. But I've never told anyone they should believe that just because I say so. I've never even suggested anything like that. Sounds like you've got a [pretty dull] axe to grind, Hunter. Not sure why you chose me, out of the blue, to do so. But...whatever. Have fun with it. :wave2:

Elia

Exo 29:46 And they shall know that I am the LORD their God, who brought them out of the land of Egypt that I might dwell among them. I am the LORD their God.

Was GOD speaking allegorically or literally, when He said that He would dwell among the people of Israel?

Bs'd

Let's first get the verses straight:

Exo 29:46 And they shall know that I am Y-H-W-H their God, who brought them out of the land of Egypt that I might dwell among them. I am Y-H-W-H their God.

And about God dwelling in the sanctuary:

"But will God really dwell on earth with humans? The heavens, even the highest heavens, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built!" 2 Chron 6:18

Eliyahu

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hello Elia,

You mentioned that this isn't your usual way of going about things, but that you did so out of desperation (if I remember what you said correctly). May I ask why? Why the hurry?

EDIT: I can see that the desperation you mention came from your not knowing (at that time) how links were included in a post.

Anyway, welcome to TOL. With which form of Judaism do you most closely associate?

Elia

Hello Elia,

You mentioned that this isn't your usual way of going about things, but that you did so out of desperation (if I remember what you said correctly). May I ask why? Why the hurry?

Bs'd

Life is short. No time to waste.

Eliyahu

Elia

Hello Elia,

EDIT: I can see that the desperation you mention came from your not knowing (at that time) how links were included in a post.

Bs'd

The problem was not not knowing, the problem is that you cannot post links until you have posted at least 5 posts on this board.

So now I can.

Anyway, welcome to TOL. With which form of Judaism do you most closely associate?

The real kind. The orthodox kind.

Eliyahu

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Bs'd

SHALOM!

Eliyahu
Eliyahu,

I hope to look over your links more when I have the time, perhaps this Sabbath.

The word Christ comes from the Greek.

Maybe you can help me with something.

Would you say "Messiah" or "Moschiach"?

Shalom,

Jacob

Elia

Eliyahu,

I hope to look over your links more when I have the time, perhaps this Sabbath.

Bs'd

If you're Jewish, please don't break the shabbat by using your comp on the shabbat.

The word Christ comes from the Greek.

Maybe you can help me with something.

Would you say "Messiah" or "Moschiach"?

Shalom,

Jacob

Depends which language I"m speaking. When I speak English I say "messiah", when I speak Hebrew, then I say "meshiach".

Shalom!

Eliyahu

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bs'd

Depends how you define "ultra-orthodox".

I'm in a community of black hats and black suits.

Eliyahu

Thank you, sir. :e4e:

I have a great deal of respect for people of your faith. I look forward to hearing what you have to say in the future.