Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One on One: beanieboy's questions get answered.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Knight
    Yet moreover beanie, you know what you are doing! You know you are an abomination to God so why would you choose this story in an attempt to justify your behavior?
    Yikes! YAHTZEE! (I wasn't talking about homosexuality. I never mentioned it, never even thought of it.)

I wasn't talking about that.
    Yes, I'm very aware of what I am doing.

But I haven't sinned against you. One could argue that I am sinning against God, I suppose.

But what I am talking about are those who sin against you.
    A coworker says something really hurtful to you, because he's just kind of a jerk.
    Do you forgive him, or are you justified in not forgiving him, because he didn't ask forgiveness? And if you are justified in not forgiving him, what does that intail? Hatred? Anger? Being cruel in return?
    Would it?

That would be sort of weird don't you think?
    No. I find it harder to hold on to anger, than to simply forgive, turn the other cheek, all of that, and in turn, the person usually lets down their defenses, and says they are sorry.
    But returning blow for blow usually builds walls, not bridges.

Have you repented, asked God to forgive you of your sin, believed that God died for you and rose on the third day? And done all of this with a PURE heart?
    Hello?? I was raised Christian.
    I've talked to God since I can remember (yes, I used to lay in the yard and stare at the clouds and have the kind of conversations I'm having with you, but with God at 4 yrs old. )
    I was confirmed. I went to church every Sunday.
    I went to bible camp.I went to summer bible school.
    At 18, I spoke in tongues for the first time, and for several years after that, was rather fanatical about God.
    (If you haven't noticed, I know the bible well.)
    I've received Jesus into my heart a good half dozen times (you are often afraid, as a child, with the fear of hell, that it "didn't take")

So, yes, I had.
    "If you will think of ourselves as coming out of the earth,
    rather than having been thrown in here from somewhere else,
    you see that we are the earth,
    we are the consciousness of the earth.
    These are the eyes of the Earth.
    And this is the voice of the earth."

Joseph Campbell

Comment

Sorry. Yes, another question. I warned you.

I have this rep, after simply asking the question of how I was attention starved:
      Because you stay where you aren't wanted. Go join a quilting bee.

Is this true? Am I not wanted here? Because if so, it is against my beliefs that I should stay, because it is offending another unnecessarily. (don't be afraid to be honest)

Joseph Campbell

Comment

Originally posted by beanieboy
        But what I am talking about are those who sin against you.
        A coworker says something really hurtful to you, because he's just kind of a jerk.
        Do you forgive him, or are you justified in not forgiving him, because he didn't ask forgiveness? And if you are justified in not forgiving him, what does that intail? Hatred? Anger? Being cruel in return?
        Saying hurtful things or being rude are not necessarily sinful so in those cases I may "forgive" without repentance.

Don't confuse civility with morality.

No. I find it harder to hold on to anger, than to simply forgive, turn the other cheek, all of that, and in turn, the person usually lets down their defenses, and says they are sorry.
        But returning blow for blow usually builds walls, not bridges.
        SEE ABOVE.

Hello?? I was raised Christian.
        So what?
        I've talked to God since I can remember (yes, I used to lay in the yard and stare at the clouds and have the kind of conversations I'm having with you, but with God at 4 yrs old. )
        So what?
        I was confirmed. I went to church every Sunday.
        DOUBLE So what?
        I went to bible camp.I went to summer bible school.
        So What?
        At 18, I spoke in tongues for the first time, and for several years after that, was rather fanatical about God.
        So what?

None of those things will save you.
        (If you haven't noticed, I know the bible well.)
        No offense but I think that YOU THINK you know a lot about the Bible. Based on what you post here at TOL I would assert you don't know very much about the Bible.
        I've received Jesus into my heart a good half dozen times (you are often afraid, as a child, with the fear of hell, that it "didn't take")
        I don't think that classifies as "with a PURE heart".

So, yes, I had.
        Based on what you have just told me I would say you are NOT saved.

Throw in the fact that you are openly homosexual and I think the evidence is somewhat overwhelming.
        Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
        TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

Sorry. Yes, another question. I warned you.

I have this rep, after simply asking the question of how I was attention starved:
          Because you stay where you aren't wanted. Go join a quilting bee.

Is this true? Am I not wanted here? Because if so, it is against my beliefs that I should stay, because it is offending another unnecessarily. (don't be afraid to be honest)
          I don't understand your question.

If you were not wanted here I could have banned you (or asked you to leave) years ago.

Comment

Saying hurtful things or being rude are not necessarily sinful so in those cases I may "forgive" without repentance.

Don't confuse civility with morality.

SEE ABOVE.

So what?
            So what?
            DOUBLE So what?
            So What?
            So what?
            No offense but I think that YOU THINK you know a lot about the Bible. Based on what you post here at TOL I would assert you don't know very much about the Bible.
            I don't think that classifies as "with a PURE heart".

Based on what you have just told me I would say you are NOT saved.

Throw in the fact that you are openly homosexual and I think the evidence is somewhat overwhelming.

I wasn't homosexual then.
            So, you are now saying that although I prayed to God, asked Jesus into my heart, spoke in tongues, and repented of sin since ever I can remember, even though I called myself Christian, believed Jesus was the Son of God, believed that it was necessary to repent of sin and accept the Free Gift, etc., I was never christian???

Then, aparently, repenting, asking Jesus into your heart, even accepting the filling of the HS isn't enough to be saved.

I can't respond to this anymore today, because I'm too angry.

I will admit that I am not christian now.
            But I was then.
            I was when I was 4.
            I was when I was 10.
            I was when I was 14 and was confirmed.
            I was when I received the gift of tongues.

Say whatever you will about me now, but do NOT judge what I was then.
            I swore by Christianity, I led people to Christ.

Joseph Campbell

Comment

I wasn't homosexual then.
              So, you are now saying that although I prayed to God, asked Jesus into my heart, spoke in tongues, and repented of sin since ever I can remember, even though I called myself Christian, believed Jesus was the Son of God, believed that it was necessary to repent of sin and accept the Free Gift, etc., I was never christian???

Then, aparently, repenting, asking Jesus into your heart, even accepting the filling of the HS isn't enough to be saved.
              All I am saying is based on what you have told me I would give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't accept Christ with a PURE HEART.

2 Timothy 2:22 Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Comment

All I am saying is based on what you have told me I would give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't accept Christ with a PURE HEART.

2 Timothy 2:22 Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
                So, when I was 4 and asked Jesus into my heart, or 7, or 8 (many people taught that I might not have had a PURE heart the last time), it "didn't take"???

Then I think the whole thing is bologna!
                If a 7 yr old can't pray for Jesus to come into his heart, because, by your indication, I was filled with homosexual lust, and wasn't serious, or pure of heart (I was 7!!), then this whole thing is a sham.I had nothing to repent for, except maybe stealing a candy bar once!

I think you hate the idea that I might be saved.
                In my opinion, I don't agree with OSAS, but since you do, you would have to admit that I am saved, and that upsets you.

Do NOT judge who I was.
                I firmly believed in God and Jesus.

Joseph Campbell

Comment

Say whatever you will about me now, but do NOT judge what I was then.
                  I swore by Christianity, I led people to Christ.
                  Does this really matter?

Do you want to be saved?

If not, why care? Why bother to argue that you were a Christian?

Yet....

If so, what would it hurt to affirm your desire to live with God in heaven?

Comment

Does this really matter?

Do you want to be saved?

If not, why care? Why bother to argue that you were a Christian?

Yet....

If so, what would it hurt to affirm your desire to live with God in heaven?
                    What does it matter?
                    I've already done it once, or to be more specific, about 6 times, and asked for God to fill me with the Holy Spirit, and NONE OF IT COUNTS, according to you.

So, why would it matter?

It might not take this time either.

Jesus crucifiction works like something made by Ronco.

Joseph Campbell

Comment

I think you hate the idea that I might be saved.
                      In my opinion, I don't agree with OSAS, but since you do, you would have to admit that I am saved, and that upsets you.
                      It doesn't updet me in the least!

If we both end up in heaven I will be joyous! I will know then that you were saved but living your life in rejection to God.

Yet, because I care . . . I will give you the benefit of the doubt and continue to assume you are not saved.

I certainly don't want to get to heaven and say to myself... where is beanieboy? I thought he said he was saved?

Comment

It might not take this time either.
                        Without a pure heart it wont "take".

Matthew 7:23 “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Comment

Beanieboy didn't think beanieboy was saved.
                          Frankly, that's one of the reasons I question if there is anything to be saved from.

Questioning if someone is a real christian, and not looking for the fruits of the Spirit, - kindness, gentleness, joy, slow to anger, and simply going by ones own judgements is simply self righteous, and disgusts me.

Joseph Campbell

Comment

The passage says, "but we cast out demons and worked great miracles in your name."

Am I casting out demons in the name of God? Working miracles in the name of God? And I doing ANYTHING in the name of God?

No. He wasn't addressing the non-believers.

Joseph Campbell

Comment

I don't understand your question.

If you were not wanted here I could have banned you (or asked you to leave) years ago.
                              So, getting a bad rep for staying where I'm not wanted is a false bad rep?
                              I don't care about the bad rep itself.
                              I just want to be clear.

Joseph Campbell

Comment

I'm going to log off for today.
                                I appreciate you taking your time.
                                However, being accused of having never accepted Jesus, especially for how religious and spiritual I have always been, I found highly offensive. And you will notice that I was not offended for what you say of me now, but for judging me then, which I believe was done unjustly.
                                I'm unsure why it offended me so much, but it felt like it wasn't just me, but something else within me.

So, instead of speaking out in anger, and regretting it, I will simply stop for today.

Namaste

Joseph Campbell

Comment

Working...
                                X