Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battle Royale Hall of fame

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by me again
    Actually, I would prefer to use the PM system at TOL because it is such a delux system. I have a cheap email. I can always receive emails, but I cannot always send emails. Go figure!

    We could do it via PM or right here. Whatever you want is fine with me. If you ask anything too personal, I'll just PM it to you instead of answering it publically.
    Ok, you got it. You said you were an atheist at one time. My definition of an atheist is someone who says there is no God. In other words, an atheist doesn't believe in God.

    I'm email pals with an atheist. He says I have it all wrong. (We disagree on everything just about.) He says an atheist believes there is no god. (He uses small g when we discuss God.) What was your view on this? Who's right, me or my email pal?
    Galatians 2:20 -
    I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

    Cute smiley.

    Comment


    • #32
      Now I DO believe in God

      • Paraphrase of s9s27s54
      • My definition of an atheist is someone who says there is no God. In other words, an atheist doesn't believe in God.
      • My email pal says an atheist believes there is no god. He uses small g when we discuss God.

        What was your view on this?
      From the information that you've given, it appears that the two of you agree.

      As an atheist, I did not believe there was a God, nor did I believe there was a god.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Now I DO believe in God

        Originally posted by me again
        From the information that you've given, it appears that the two of you agree.

        As an atheist, I did not believe there was a God, nor did I believe there was a god.
        Ok, that means I'm right and he's wrong. As usual. He won't admit it, though. I say it means the same, he disagrees.

        You said some pretty interesting things in your testimony. What's on my mind right now is what you do for a living. If you PM me, I won't tell anybody what you do for a living. What do you do?
        Galatians 2:20 -
        I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

        Cute smiley.

        Comment


        • #34
          Now I DO believe in God

          Originally posted by s9s27s54
          What's on my mind right now is what you do for a living. What do you do?
          I'm a cop.

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Now I DO believe in God

            Originally posted by me again
            I'm a cop.
            I thought you were a lawyer.

            I have a question since your a cop. Maybe you can explain something to me. Perhaps I'll PM you with my question.


            Anyway, I'm getting more into your argument with Freak, and we do not believe alike, you and I. Do you believe that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are one?
            Galatians 2:20 -
            I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

            Cute smiley.

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Re: Now I DO believe in God

              Posted by s9s27s54
              Do you believe that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are one?
              1. Do you believe that Jesus and the Father are one and the same Being.

              2. Do you believe that Jesus and the Father are one in purpose and in mind?

              Please clarify if you are asking #1 or #2 above.

              I may have to get you to clarify your question (one or two more times) before I can give you an honest answer.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Re: Re: Now I DO believe in God

                Originally posted by me again
                1. Do you believe that Jesus and the Father are one and the same Being.

                2. Do you believe that Jesus and the Father are one in purpose and in mind?

                Please clarify if you are asking #1 or #2 above.

                I may have to get you to clarify your question (one or two more times) before I can give you an honest answer.
                I find you very entertaining. I really do. It's closer to Number one, but that's not what I'm asking. You forgot to mention one very important Being, that being the Holy Spirit.
                Galatians 2:20 -
                I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

                Cute smiley.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Freak is getting some competition!

                  Posted by s9s27s54
                  I find you very entertaining. I really do.
                  Ut oh!!! You’re making me feel like Freak!!!

                  Is the Lord Jesus Christ the Father? Interesting question. I know that they are one in purpose and one in mind, but I do not know if they are the same Creator.

                  Jesus said that we can’t get to the Father except through Him. Consequently, I never pray to the Father: I always pray to the Lord Jesus Christ.

                  Did I answer your question satisfactorily?

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Me again,

                    You keep leaving out the Holy Spirit. How come?
                    Galatians 2:20 -
                    I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

                    Cute smiley.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Posted by s9s27s54
                      Me again, You keep leaving out the Holy Spirit. How come?
                      It's a Satanic plot. < wringing hands together >

                      In all seriousness, it was merely an oversight on my part. Nothing nefarious. Just human error.

                      Let me ask you a question. But first, let's look at a scripture. When Jesus arose from the dead, He appeared to His disciples and said:
                      • Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: (John 20:21-22)
                      Jesus said "Receive ye the Holy Ghost." Was He imparting Himself on them or was He imparting the Holy Ghost on them?

                      Can you please explain this scripture to me in the trinitarian context?

                      Pray tell?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by me again
                        It's a Satanic plot. < wringing hands together >

                        In all seriousness, it was merely an oversight on my part. Nothing nefarious. Just human error.

                        Let me ask you a question. But first, let's look at a scripture. When Jesus arose from the dead, He appeared to His disciples and said:
                        • Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: (John 20:21-22)
                        Jesus said "Receive ye the Holy Ghost." Was He imparting Himself on them or was He imparting the Holy Ghost on them?

                        Can you please explain this scripture to me in the trinitarian context?

                        Pray tell?
                        I love when you say "Pray tell." Give me a chance to look it up.
                        Galatians 2:20 -
                        I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

                        Cute smiley.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Posted by s9s27s54
                          I love when you say "Pray tell."
                          I'm just a copycat: You can thank Charles Dickens for that quote. I had to read four of his big books in a senior-level undergraduate class when I was in college and he used that quote frequently.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Please you got that from the Shadow Despot

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Yeah right.
                              For Greek conversion,

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Me Again,

                                Before I get into the question you asked, I have a question. Are you a Jehovah's Witness?

                                Galatians 2:20 -
                                I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

                                Cute smiley.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X