Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toldailytopic "Evolutionary theory isn't about the origin of life"

I saw a Darwin cheerleader say

Evolutionary theory isn't about the origin of life.
    If something is not about the origin of life, then how can it be about THE ORIGIN OF SPECIES???

But, make a note of it that no theory is called "evolutionary theory", or "the theory of evolution", so, whatever is called "evolutionary theory" and "the theory of evolution" is something that is, indeed, not about the origin of life--because it is not about anything at all.
    All my ancestors are human.
    PS: All your ancestors are human.
    PPS: To all you cats, dogs, monkeys, and other assorted house pets whose masters are outsourcing the task of TOL post-writing to you (we know who you are )– you may disregard the PS.

Well, it isn't. Evolution isn't about how life itself came into being. You should have thought this through a bit more.
    Well this is fun isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
      Well, it isn't. Evolution isn't about how life itself came into being. You should have thought this through a bit more.
      You've just told me that species aren't life. Why do you like to sound so stupid?
      All my ancestors are human.
      PS: All your ancestors are human.
      PPS: To all you cats, dogs, monkeys, and other assorted house pets whose masters are outsourcing the task of TOL post-writing to you (we know who you are )– you may disregard the PS.

Comment

Darwinist will say anything to avoid a challenge.
        Where is the evidence for a global flood?
        E≈mc2
        "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
        -Bob B.

Comment

Originally posted by Stripe View Post
          Darwinist will say anything to avoid a challenge.

it's the poet in them

Comment

Where is the evidence for a global flood?
            E≈mc2
            "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
            -Bob B.

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post
              it's the poet in them
              They're a poet that doesn't know it?
              All of my ancestors are human.
              Originally posted by Squeaky
              That explains why your an idiot.
              Originally posted by God's Truth
              Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
              Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
              (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
              (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Originally posted by 7djengo7 View Post
                You've just told me that species aren't life. Why do you like to sound so stupid?
                Hmm, where did I say that exactly? See, the clue is in the term "evolution". At the basic level it describes how life evolves which obviously includes species. What it doesn't comment on is how life itself originated to begin with. You make a common mistake that people tend to do on the subject of evolution when they don't really understand it. In short, the quote you used in the OP and which you were attempting to mock is absolutely correct.

Comment

See, the clue is in the term "evolution".
                  That vague and malleable term... ever changing to make sure that the "theory" cannot be falsified.

At the basic level it describes how life evolves which obviously includes species. What it doesn't comment on is how life itself originated to begin with.
                  The majority of those that call themselves "evolutionists" believe that a SINGLE LIVING THING came into being and that all life is a descendant of that wondrous creature.

"Evolution" cannot begin until there is life and we have no way to verify nor falsify the existence of this SINGLE creature from which all life is supposedly descended.

Believing in common descent from this SINGLE creature is just that... a belief.

You make a common mistake that people tend to do on the subject of evolution when they don't really understand it. In short, the quote you used in the OP and which you were attempting to mock is absolutely correct.

(4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

At the basic level it describes how life evolves ....
                    how life evolves from what?

Comment

Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
                      That vague and malleable term... ever changing to make sure that the "theory" cannot be falsified.

The majority of those that call themselves "evolutionists" believe that a SINGLE LIVING THING came into being and that all life is a descendant of that wondrous creature.

"Evolution" cannot begin until there is life and we have no way to verify nor falsify the existence of this SINGLE creature from which all life is supposedly descended.

Believing in common descent from this SINGLE creature is just that... a belief.

Sure, life has to exist in order for it to evolve. Doesn't alter the fact that evolution itself has nothing to do with how life itself came into being. That's the point.

Also, it's generally folk like you who refer to people as "evolutionists" or "Darwinists" and whatnot...

Comment

Sure, life has to exist in order for it to evolve. Doesn't alter the fact that evolution itself has nothing to do with how life itself came into being. That's the point.

Also, it's generally folk like you who refer to people as "evolutionists" or "Darwinists" and whatnot...
                        What else should I call someone that believes in the "theory of evolution" or "Darwinism"?

Comment

What else should I call someone that believes in the "theory of evolution" or "Darwinism"?
                          Gee, I dunno, by their name if you know it?

Comment

a retard?

Comment

Gee, I dunno, by their name if you know it?
                              Gee... I'm talking the group and what they think as a group. I'm not talking about any specific individuals.

Get real!

Comment

Working...
                              X