Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you break the law to save a loved one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post

That never made sense to me. How would Anna have known where the chopper was?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

Comment

Originally posted by Stripe View Post
      Oh, and it's not OK to be gay.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
      Well don't be, then.

Well this is fun isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tambora View Post
        Don't need specifics to answer the question.
        Perhaps it would have been better stated as, "Would you EVER break the law to protect a loved one?"
        Okay, I voted yes. I think this is the heart of the idea that Mercy trumps the Law. I remember when I first came to TOL, I didn't really get that, and it was YOU, Tambora, that got me to understand it.

Comment

Yes.
          "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
          Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
          By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

Sure

Now a collary - would you break the law to save a stranger?

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post
              Sure
              Great. Then you should have no problem with immigrants crossing the border to save their loved ones.

Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
                Great. Then you should have no problem with immigrants crossing the border to save their loved ones.
                But that would mean their children are innocent and worthy of protection ....
                TRUST
                is a fragile thing.

Easy to break, Easy to lose
                and one of the hardest things to
                ever get back.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusha View Post
                  But that would mean their children are innocent and worthy of protection ....

You mean... Trumpers have a double standard?!

Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

You mean... Trumpers have a double standard?!
                    TRUST
                    is a fragile thing.

Easy to break, Easy to lose
                    and one of the hardest things to
                    ever get back.

Comment

Originally posted by Tambora View Post
                      Would you break the law to save a loved one?

Cast your vote and leave a comment.
                      The question is too vague so I cannot answer.

BUT: If the question were, would I drag my kid to a foreign country and illegally sneak in because I don't like my country, the answer would be NO: Only an idiot moron would do that

Comment

I have no problem with immigrants crossing the border to save their loved ones

Comment

Would you break the Law for any reason?

Comment

Oh, this is such a fun question!!

Would I rob a bank to afford a life saving surgery?

Would I sneak them into a foreign country to get medical care?

Would I take up arms against my own government to prevent my loved ones from being sent to internment camps?

Would I assault a bully to stop behavior that could lead to a child commuting suicide?

I answered yes because there are some laws that I would break.
                            Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

What are my fruits today?

Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

"Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

Comment

Originally posted by CabinetMaker View Post
                              Oh, this is such a fun question!!

Would I rob a bank to afford a life saving surgery?

Would I sneak them into a foreign country to get medical care?

Would I take up arms against my own government to prevent my loved ones from being sent to internment camps?

Would I assault a bully to stop behavior that could lead to a child commuting suicide?

I answered yes because there are some laws that I would break.
                              You don't know.
                              You are against God.
                              You want to do the right thing.
                              Maybe the precedent of saving a life would as a concept be a good guide, but then you need obedience after you are convinced. God's Law is good. You don't understand or you promote creative thinking. Art and morals are different. Obedience to God's Commandments is of a different class not being immoral.
                              What is the right thing to do? To obey God.

Then it's not about morals, but obedience. Not performance based action.

Hopefully this clears up for you and your readers.

What do you see here?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                                You don't know.
                                You are against God.
                                You want to do the right thing.
                                Maybe the precedent of saving a life would as a concept be a good guide, but then you need obedience after you are convinced. God's Law is good. You don't understand or you promote creative thinking. Art and morals are different. Obedience to God's Commandments is of a different class not being immoral.
                                What is the right thing to do? To obey God.

Then it's not about morals, but obedience. Not performance based action.

Hopefully this clears up for you and your readers.

What do you see here?
                                Thank you for adding absolutely nothing.
                                Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

What are my fruits today?

Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

"Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

Comment

Working...
                                X