toldailytopic: What do you think of pro athletes coming out of the closet and announc

Mama Etna

Sassy and Ashy Mountain
I don't see anything honorable about announcing a character flaw like homosexuality and making it some kind of status.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It was inevitable and I'm glad we've finally gotten to this point. Within a few years it'll be unremarkable, which will be a good sign.

Now play ball!

Granite is right about this. It was inevitable and and the wicked are rejoicing.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It's not the "coming out" that's the problem. It's the being queer in the first place. And the climate that has led to publicly coming out instead of rejecting perversion and mental unsoundness in favor of embracing that which God has and wants for us.

Mama Etna

Sassy and Ashy Mountain
They embrace the sin, announce it to the world then brag about it. There is something very wrong with this. It's called Rebellion Against God.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
This is dumb but I laughed... :)

A long time ago I saw written on a bathroom stall wall, "Rock Hudson sat here"

For the OP, I really don't want to hear about athletes' or whoever's sexual practices, especially homosexual.

Mama Etna

Sassy and Ashy Mountain
I just want to watch the sport, not hear about whatever perverted lifestyle the athlete claims as his own.

Quincy

Eh, I was more disappointed to find out just how straight Tiger Woods was. Of course I guess what he did isn't nearly as bad as most answers here seem to suggest a nobody journeyman in the NBA saying he is gay, well is.

sesseltheologe

Non-issue of the year. I don't know if anyone really cares what the sexual orientation of a professional athlete is.

This wouldn't be newsworthy if the media didn't push it so much.

LKmommy

Despicable, disgusting and shameful. Athletes have no business putting their filthy linen on a pole and flying it for all the world to see. Sports are supposed to be for enjoyment, not a political statement about the social acceptability of perversion. When that happens sports cease to be sports and turn into a propaganda tool.
Well said :first:! Agreed

LKmommy

To the OP: I do not think sexuality (homo or hetero) has any bearing on a person's ability to play basketball and is inappropriate to discuss in public/poor taste. I do not support his outing nor did I support all the glitz surrounding other players who are known to be promiscuous and heterosexual. He is clearly seeking attention and should accept that not everyone supports his perverted actions.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/29/us-nba-gay-collins-idUSBRE93S0LO20130429
"I can certainly tell you that here at the White House we view that as another example of the progress that has been made and the evolution that has been taking place in this country, and commend him for his courage, and support him in his - in this effort and hope that his fans and his team support him going forward," said White House spokesman Jay Carney.

Even worse is the WH promoting this evil :vomit: They call it "progress and an evolution"....but left out OF EVIL AND DEMISE : :devil: and against God's will.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yunel-Escobar-640x605-300x283.jpg

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-georgi...gating-homophobic-slur-displayed-by-ex-brave/

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
To the OP: I do not think sexuality (homo or hetero) has any bearing on a person's ability to play basketball and is inappropriate to discuss in public/poor taste. I do not support his outing nor did I support all the glitz surrounding other players who are known to be promiscuous and heterosexual. He is clearly seeking attention and should accept that not everyone supports his perverted actions.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/29/us-nba-gay-collins-idUSBRE93S0LO20130429
"I can certainly tell you that here at the White House we view that as another example of the progress that has been made and the evolution that has been taking place in this country, and commend him for his courage, and support him in his - in this effort and hope that his fans and his team support him going forward," said White House spokesman Jay Carney.

Even worse is the WH promoting this evil :vomit: They call it "progress and an evolution"....but left out OF EVIL AND DEMISE : :devil: and against God's will.

The white house makes a big tadoo over Jason Collins, a flunky basketball player, while ignoring the tragic murder of former Navy Seal Chris Kyle, a hero who wrote the book American Sniper. Talk about messed up priorities!