toldailytopic: What do you think of pro athletes coming out of the closet and announc

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 30th, 2013 09:30 AM

toldailytopic: What do you think of pro athletes coming out of the closet and announcing their homosexuality?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: What do you think of pro athletes coming out of the closet and announcing their homosexuality?

Despicable, disgusting and shameful. Athletes have no business putting their filthy linen on a pole and flying it for all the world to see. Sports are supposed to be for enjoyment, not a political statement about the social acceptability of perversion. When that happens sports cease to be sports and turn into a propaganda tool.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It was inevitable and I'm glad we've finally gotten to this point. Within a few years it'll be unremarkable, which will be a good sign.

Now play ball!

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It was inevitable and I'm glad we've finally gotten to this point. Within a few years it'll be unremarkable, which will be a good sign.

Granite has always been comfortable around the homos.

lifeisgood

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

I think I am going in the closet for being heterosexual. Then people will have something to celebrate for me coming out of the closet and I will feel like I have done something wonderful for society and for myself.

Mulla Sadra

I am not sure, why is this great fuss about it.

For Liberals : another gay after the bearded guy from Lord of the Rings.
For Religious : Well, this is USA, so just accept them, if you don't like homosexuals and the heterosexuals closet, you can always come to Afghanistan.

The weird thing, is, if Homosexuality is something that is Normal, it would've not need such "taking care", as if Gays are 3 years babies, so people must be careful when shouting at them, wear them diapers and tell them sentences as "I could've not been prouder" as if they just said ABC.

glorydaz

Well, first the actors did it....Rock Hudson and Steve McQueen. So now the athletes want to strut their stuff upon the stage. I just refuse to look cause it ain't a pretty sight.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Well, first the actors did it....Rock Hudson and Steve McQueen. So now the athletes want to strut their stuff upon the stage. I just refuse to look cause it ain't a pretty sight.

Uh...no doubt about Hudson, but I think you saw McQueen's name and jumped to conclusions.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I don't recall that Hudson ever came out of the closet, publicly. And I've never heard that McQueen was gay.

Freddie Mercury never went public either.

glorydaz

I don't recall that Hudson ever came out of the closet, publicly. And I've never heard that McQueen was gay.

Really? Maybe you're not old enough to remember. Course, you can't believe everything you read in those teen magazines, can ya? I can remember when it was quite the buzz....broke my heart at the time. :chuckle:

glorydaz

Ah, a trip down memory lane. For what it's worth, this from wiki. Now I recall those interviews with Liz Taylor and the rest. :peach:

It also says he died of AIDs related causes. :idunno:

Personal life While Hudson's career was developing, he and his agent Henry Willson kept his personal life out of the headlines. In 1955, Confidential magazine threatened to publish an exposé about Hudson's secret homosexual life. Willson forestalled this by disclosing information about two of his other clients.[9] According to some colleagues, Hudson's homosexuality was well known in Hollywood throughout his career;[10] former costars Elizabeth Taylor and Susan Saint James claimed they knew of his homosexual activity, as did Carol Burnett.

Soon after the Confidential incident, Hudson married Willson's secretary Phyllis Gates. Gates later wrote that she dated Hudson for several months, lived with him for two months before his surprise marriage proposal, and married Hudson out of love and not, as it was later purported, to prevent an exposé of Hudson's sexual orientation.[11][page needed] Press coverage of the wedding quoted Hudson as saying, "When I count my blessings, my marriage tops the list." Gates filed for divorce after three years in April 1958, charging mental cruelty. Hudson did not contest the divorce, and Gates received alimony of US$250 a week for 10 years.[12] After her death from lung cancer in January 2006, some informants reportedly stated that she was actually a lesbian who married Hudson for his money, knowing from the beginning of their relationship that he was gay.[13] She never remarried.[14]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Hudson

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Really? Maybe you're not old enough to remember. Course, you can't believe everything you read in those teen magazines, can ya? I can remember when it was quite the buzz....broke my heart at the time. :chuckle:

Ah, a trip down memory lane. For what it's worth, this from wiki. Now I recall those interviews with Liz Taylor and the rest. :peach:

It also says he died of AIDs related causes. :idunno:
So, just like I said, he never came out to the public.

And the "S" is also to be capitalized, as it's an acronym: Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome.